SISU ready to sell? (3 Viewers)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Not really no Ashley like Sisu in its early years was purely interested in selling at a profit as he would here. He wants always To make money and has zero interest in the football club

The fact he made money in the end by selling to a blood soaked regime mired in corruption says it all
Bring on the blood soaked regime with the billions I say

Grendel

I don't know why we are on about Ashley anyway .. this at the moment is all speculation

Well it’s the kind of thing he would do - the lease being the prime interest

Grendel

Imagine arguing about Mike Ashley when there's one article about SISU maybe selling up

Never change simpletons, never change

Well that’s the purpose of the leak

I’m pretty certain wasps rugby club have a 50 year sub lease so it’s actually more likely Ashley would buy them than us

Winny the Bish

Can’t believe there’s people clamouring for Mike Ashley to come in. The man has a history of hiring woefully unqualified people to top positions just because he likes them, undermining managers that are club legends (Keegan), gets involved with transfers, and has contempt for supporters.

SBAndy

Not really no Ashley like Sisu in its early years was purely interested in selling at a profit as he would here. He wants always To make money and has zero interest in the football club

The fact he made money in the end by selling to a blood soaked regime mired in corruption says it all

Genuine question - what type of owner would you want? It seems apparent you’re not interested in self-sufficiency, and have mentioned on multiple occasions that you take issue with current owners not investing but equally that there’s little means to grow our turnover. Also seems a sheikh-type takeover wouldn’t be of interest to you due to the dubious source of wealth.

Grendel

Even less money in rugby though

The only money is the stadium and wasps RFC I think will have to be taken as tenants for 50 years

Grendel

Genuine question - what type of owner would you want? It seems apparent you’re not interested in self-sufficiency, and have mentioned on multiple occasions that you take issue with current owners not investing but equally that there’s little means to grow our turnover. Also seems a sheikh-type takeover wouldn’t be of interest to you due to the dubious source of wealth.

Well ideally the Brentford owner I guess. Someone who is rich and only interested in the club

SBAndy

Well ideally the Brentford owner I guess. Someone who is rich and only interested in the club

That’s fair - kinda comes full circle to my initial question on Overson. Unfortunately it seems we ain’t blessed with a stupid-rich fan (leaving Dale Evans aside).

NorthernWisdom

Coventry's Steve Gibson would be nice.

Paxman II

Nobody in their right mind is buying a championship or even lower prem football club to make money. Much easier ways of making money out of £60m or whatever it would take to buy.

Who says it's to make money? There are times such assets are there to reduce your liabilities.

Mucca Mad Boys

Let’s be honest, there aren’t many ‘nice’ rich people/entities in football.

Oligarchs with questionable ties to sovereign states/dictators with poor human rights records… or profiteering capitalists. There aren’t many ‘white knights’ knocking about.

lordy_87

I'm sure , and hopefully somebody can find it .. Robins alluded to something happening and making the fanbase very happy .. or am I imagining it 🤔
Around the end of last season time
Yes I seem to remember him saying something about the club as a whole and trying to move it forward. Can't really remember what though and have been trying to find it

SlowerThanPlatt

The owner (Joy Seppala) has been really good, because she's still trying to get more investment to get me a little bit more money to spend in different areas. And that's fantastic.

"Look, there's no promises there, but the fact they're trying to do it and move it forward is a sign of where we're trying to get to.

"We have to get to a point where we can have that investment and I know the desire is there to do so, so hopefully we can get that moved forward and when we do that will make a huge difference to Coventry City Football Club and everyone concerned.”

Evo1883

The owner (Joy Seppala) has been really good, because she's still trying to get more investment to get me a little bit more money to spend in different areas. And that's fantastic.

"Look, there's no promises there, but the fact they're trying to do it and move it forward is a sign of where we're trying to get to.

"We have to get to a point where we can have that investment and I know the desire is there to do so, so hopefully we can get that moved forward and when we do that will make a huge difference to Coventry City Football Club and everyone concerned.”

Cheers 👌

Great_Expectations

Ideal world SISU do go and we get a Brentford/Middlesbrough type owner, but unfortunately unless we have a secret millionaire fan, or one of us wins the lottery it isn’t happening.

There’s plenty to be frustrated with SISU about, but it’s also fair to say a lot less in recent years. They’ve learnt and are improving, and as such we have as a football team and a club.

They now need to step up again now to support MR.

Are they perfect owners? Absolutely not. But it might well be a case of better the devil you know.

Great_Expectations

Also, there’s a part of me which is reluctant to have some billionaire owner. Not sure I want to be a Chelsea or a Man City really. With thousands of new fans who have no idea who we are.

Pisses me off now when someone new sits near me at the CBS and starts slagging players off after a few minutes, or using the always ridiculous ‘forward’ style comments. Not sure how I’ll cope with a stadium half full of them.

Natural and organic progression is what we want.

**I get more fans is great for the club really. And I know it’s completely wrong thought process, but it does frustrate me. Where were you when we were in L2?

baldy

The one other thing that I got from that interview was this -

AA88E57A-408D-4F70-BFAE-B09EA527966D.jpeg

rexo87

Think the can might have started to be kicked
It could be a fishing exercise though , to see if anything comes from this.
O’hare injury couldn’t have come at a worse time though
Can you explain what you mean by can has started to be kicked. What is the can lol

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread