Slade Rumour (3 Viewers)

smileycov

Facebook User
I think i was amongst a minority that believed we were capable of putting a mini run together and pulling out of this mess, or at least giving us a fighting chance. But sadly, starting with team selection, lack of decent changes during the game and the look of complete hopelessness - I feel we are done! Cant believe that i am saying that as a Coventry fan, who has seen so many relegation great escapes over the years. There is no fight or passion in this team at all. The biggest problem does seem to stem from the fact, our "business model" means we are full of loaners and last pay cheque players. So why would they fight for the badge, like Huckerby, Dublin, Shaw etc.For the first time in my Sky Blue life, I have given up on the possibility of staying up, before the maths say we can't! The manager is clueless, but who can we attract? Who will the shit owners allow us to attract?
There is no escape from this, we probably will get Ricketts - another cheap easy option. Even if he turns out to be the next Eddie Howe, they will fuck him up with no money and no decent signings. So sad!!!

Grendel

Not sure I agree. RCC/Burge, DKE, Haynes and Willis have all played out of necessity rather than a conscious choice from RS, while K Thomas has literally never been fit and available to any other manager. The only one he has favoured over other managers is G Thomas.

Even that can be balanced against his dislike of other youngsters such as Bigi and Stevenson, who are definitely better than Rose, or Ruben who at least offers something from the bench.

He has used Lameries off the bench and he's been useless every time he has come on.

Great_Expectations

He has used Lameries off the bench and he's been useless every time he has come on.

I'm not going to waste time looking up the exact figures, but I'm pretty sure he rarely gets much time when he is introduced and even then it's usually been in an unfamiliar position.

I'm not saying he would save our season, my point was in counter to another post re Slade using youngsters.

Skyblueweeman

Winning against Bury should make no difference unless there's an unbelievable and unlikely winning run. We have to prepare for division 4 and with upto 10 players to replace we need someone for now and the future and that ain't Russell Slade !

Totally agree with this. We're gone. Get someone else now to start sculpting a squad ahead of L2...use only players who are going to be here next season, even if that means the U23s. Stop playing anyone not going to be here and start working on getting players in so that they're here on 1st July and can get a full pre-season in. Let's not be slow of the marks with this one...our best chance of a quick bounce back to L1 is to get someone in now with that remit.

We've also got our biggest day out in 30 years coming up. Lets give ourselves a better chance by having someone else in at the helm for that game. Oxford/Luton must be licking their lips...

Grendel

Guessing the lad cant adapt to slades made up "left/right wing back centre half " position ,must be confusing

No he's just shite and always has been. Even Mowbray pretty much gave up on him in the end.

lifeskyblue

But has he been more useless than who he replaced? I'm not lameiries biggest fan but I think his technical ability and style don't sit easy in L1 and certainly not in slades approach to football.
I never get bringing on a player for 10mins here and 5mins there...unless you are defending a narrow lead and need a bruiser of a centre half or need a quick goal and bring on an out and out striker (not overweight, unfit, has beens). People saying on Saturday that Reid didn't contribute but he was only on the pitch for a few mins and we were 3-0 down. Game was over...too late for him to get involved...too late for him to have any impact.
The only time slades substitutions worked was in the checkatrade semi when after akinfenwa scored he bought on finch to do a specific job....but he was on for a decent length of time.

PUSB

Grendel

Totally agree with this. We're gone. Get someone else now to start sculpting a squad ahead of L2...use only players who are going to be here next season, even if that means the U23s. Stop playing anyone not going to be here and start working on getting players in so that they're here on 1st July and can get a full pre-season in. Let's not be slow of the marks with this one...our best chance of a quick bounce back to L1 is to get someone in now with that remit.

We've also got our biggest day out in 30 years coming up. Lets give ourselves a better chance by having someone else in at the helm for that game. Oxford/Luton must be licking their lips...

If you are only going to play people here next season then we'd get slaughtered at Wembley

Grendel

But has he been more useless than who he replaced? I'm not lameiries biggest fan but I think his technical ability and style don't sit easy in L1 and certainly not in slades approach to football.
I never get bringing on a player for 10mins here and 5mins there...unless you are defending a narrow lead and need a bruiser of a centre half or need a quick goal and bring on an out and out striker (not overweight, unfit, has beens). People saying on Saturday that Reid didn't contribute but he was only on the pitch for a few mins and we were 3-0 down. Game was over...too late for him to get involved...too late for him to have any impact.
The only time slades substitutions worked was in the checkatrade semi when after akinfenwa scored he bought on finch to do a specific job....but he was on for a decent length of time.

PUSB

Reid hasn't contributed at any level this season and doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the squad.

Lameries style doesn't sit easy in league 1? The higher the leagues the greater energy work rate and covering is required. He's just a pointless player who offers nothing. The last contribution I remember was Bolton when despite having been on the pitch for a couple of minutes had not enough pace should have ran to the corner got out muscled and they scored.

As said before Mowbray gave up on him months ago.

Skyblueweeman

If you are only going to play people here next season then we'd get slaughtered at Wembley

If you took out those who aren't going to be here next season, you'd be forced to play more youngsters.

I'd hazard a guess that they'd give more of a shit and play for the badge, a lot more than some of the current 1st team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

christonabike

If Slade goes that's another nail in the coffin for TF. Got a new gaffer who has made things worse, now relegated and everyone with any self respect has turned the job down knowing what a basket case CCFC has become. Slade would manage a pub if the money was good enough.

Grendel

If you took out those who aren't going to be here next season, you'd be forced to play more youngsters.

I'd hazard a guess that they'd give more of a shit and play for the badge, a lot more than some of the current 1st team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's why everyone was yelling to play Kelly Evans who isn't good enough. Also no doubt it would mean Jack Finch and youth players who are nowhere near first team levels.

Hardly away to boost young players confidence - go out and get slaughtered every week.

Do these players care any more anyway - doubt it. Reilly was easily the most energetic and committed player Saturday and he's not going to be here.

Skyblueweeman

That's why everyone was yelling to play Kelly Evans who isn't good enough. Also no doubt it would mean Jack Finch and youth players who are nowhere near first team levels.

Hardly away to boost young players confidence - go out and get slaughtered every week.

Do these players care any more anyway - doubt it. Reilly was easily the most energetic and committed player Saturday and he's not going to be here.

Yeah, I get that, but not everyone who plays in the U23s is DKE height/weight. I know it's only one game but the one game I've seen of DKE is Wycombe and I thought he had a good game. Reminded me of a younger me, although I'm pastey white...

In terms of their confidence, we've got what, 13 games left...we're getting dicked anyway and the line up keeps changing. Lets start with the bedrock of our squad for next season...clean slate, tell them to go out and enjoy themselves for 13 games, play without pressure and we'd have a unit of players who'd know each other better after those 13 games. At least then a new manager would have a base from which to build around/work with.

They'd certainly give more of a sh*t than any loan player...

ajsccfc

I don't think effort has been our problem, it's quality and guidance. Andre Wright can fuck off forever, mind you.

steve82

Yeah, I get that, but not everyone who plays in the U23s is DKE height/weight. I know it's only one game but the one game I've seen of DKE is Wycombe and I thought he had a good game. Reminded me of a younger me, although I'm pastey white...

In terms of their confidence, we've got what, 13 games left...we're getting dicked anyway and the line up keeps changing. Lets start with the bedrock of our squad for next season...clean slate, tell them to go out and enjoy themselves for 13 games, play without pressure and we'd have a unit of players who'd know each other better after those 13 games. At least then a new manager would have a base from which to build around/work with.

They'd certainly give more of a sh*t than any loan player...

I do take your point about blooding the kids but how many seasons have we said to do this now..... to many years to count.
Plus most of these kids have been involved most the season and played a fair amount each.

Skyblueweeman

I do take your point about blooding the kids but how many seasons have we said to do this now..... to many years to count.
Plus most of these kids have been involved most the season and played a fair amount each.

But they've been playing with loans/freebies interwoven. All I'm saying is that Slade should go and whoever comes in, needs to start building for L2 and an instant return to L1. In my opinion, rightly or wrongly, I'd do that with the players who are going to be here next season even if that means promoting more from the youth team.

If I was also a manager, I'd be looking at our recruitment for the summer, now, and not when the window opens.

All about opinions, I get that.

steve82

But they've been playing with loans/freebies interwoven. All I'm saying is that Slade should go and whoever comes in, needs to start building for L2 and an instant return to L1. In my opinion, rightly or wrongly, I'd do that with the players who are going to be here next season even if that means promoting more from the youth team.

If I was also a manager, I'd be looking at our recruitment for the summer, now, and not when the window opens.

All about opinions, I get that.

I agree pretty much with nearly all of that but the issue is the quantity of players out of contract.... thankfully!! you won't even make a team.
It's a huge summer ahead

rupert_bear

You can't just blood kids this is a tough uncompromising league full of tough guys it could pot youngsters who are not ready back a year or more should anyone come in or if Slade stays they are stuck with what we have unfortunately.

Skyblueweeman

You can't just blood kids this is a tough uncompromising league full of tough guys it could pot youngsters who are not ready back a year or more should anyone come in or if Slade stays they are stuck with what we have unfortunately.

The other way of looking at it is, we're down and getting dicked week in week out anyway. Telling the nippers to go out and play without pressure is different to telling the nippers to go out and play with the thoughts of a place in next seasons squad at stake.

And if you're good enough, you're good enough. I don't agree with players not being good enough for this league due to size. Maybe because I was always the smallest in the team that I played for. I know it wasn't professional but it was just under county standard so a half decent level. If you're good enough to play, physicality (or lack of) is less of an issue.

If you've got DKE up against Akinfenwa, I agree, that's a mis-match but you play to your strengths, not worry about perceived weaknesses.

Moff

I heard a rumour about Slade, apparently he is a football manager. To be honest have seen nothing yet to prove that rumour is true.

stevefloyd

Who wouldn't manage a pub if the money was good enough? You'd have the key to unlock the pool table, it's the dream job.
I used to have a key that unlocked the snooker table ...when we got bored of playing free snooker we had a couple of free beers

ajsccfc

You jammy sod. Assuming there's a dartboard somewhere too, you're basically living my dream there.

no_loyalty

Don't think people are particularly saying he will be any good just that he's the likely / cheap option.

We might just get a new manager bounce if Ricketts takes on the role, surely he won't do any worse than Slade

Users who are viewing this thread