Slade Rumour (2 Viewers)

stevefloyd

You jammy sod. Assuming there's a dartboard somewhere too, you're basically living my dream there.
To be fair we used to get pissed because my missus as was then was working behind the bar and we ordered 8 pints gave her a quid and got £1.50 change... she never was good at maths

rupert_bear

The other way of looking at it is, we're down and getting dicked week in week out anyway. Telling the nippers to go out and play without pressure is different to telling the nippers to go out and play with the thoughts of a place in next seasons squad at stake.

And if you're good enough, you're good enough. I don't agree with players not being good enough for this league due to size. Maybe because I was always the smallest in the team that I played for. I know it wasn't professional but it was just under county standard so a half decent level. If you're good enough to play, physicality (or lack of) is less of an issue.

If you've got DKE up against Akinfenwa, I agree, that's a mis-match but you play to your strengths, not worry about perceived weaknesses.
You are basically correct ltalking individuals but if you put a number in together I think that's asking for trouble frankly

steve82

We might just get a new manager bounce if Ricketts takes on the role, surely he won't do any worse than Slade

Why ricketts we need a manager

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

We went and got the best man with a proven cv of doing exactly what we needed, yes even he's failed.
That to me says it all about the squad, and what everyone of is has said since the August 31st at 23.01.....

lifeskyblue

Y s when he came I wasn't overwhelmed but thought he could do the job...no frills, professional performance, grind out results. He has failed miserably and taken a poor team to greater depths.

PUSB

ceetee

He has used Lameries off the bench and he's been useless every time he has come on.
He came on once for Wright and did more in 5 minutes than Wright had done for more than 45 (Can't remember time of sub and not worth looking up)

no_loyalty

Why ricketts we need a manager

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Agree but a decent manager wont come here, he won't want his reputation ruined. Ricketts might even turn it down if offered it

Grendel

Agree but a decent manager wont come here, he won't want his reputation ruined. Ricketts might even turn it down if offered it

Reputations can only be enhanced when expectation is zero

Gint11

Slade needs to go. Tactically inept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gint11

Tactics don't win games, it helps but good players with ability, desire and mental strength win games

Tactics can win you games. Games that are tight and equal in quality.

Chipfat

The pattern appears again, a manager stating the club is not right on or off the pitch. We are not built to succeed on the pitch, we are a business in survival mode on a balance sheet, no matter of position or status of the team the whole clubs purpose is cash flow and P & L 's. To be fair to the owners and TF have told us all, shown us all, they do not hide the fact, results mean nothing to them in terms of emotion, they only use results and when the pressure & frustration builds from fans on them. Once these happens and question start to get asked from all angles, then sacking and finding a new manager is the pattern they follow, with distraction used to shine the light off them.

This has been a ploy and strategy used by Sisu for a very long time and at the end of every managers stay, he is leave saying the same, until we invest in players with a genuine idea and aim as a football club, we do not have a chance of progression. If or when we go down the same process will happen again. We as fans are told to except it as we are not for sale, our owners are in it for the long haul and the most important thing they are doing is keeping the club alive no matter of league.

Slade is now worked out he is being used and listening to him as a manager i would of thought he will not hold back if he gets the boot. From the little bits already said he knows he is closer to the exit door than the door for an extension. Terrible appointment and TF should have to answer for this as much as any manager has to on signings he makes or decision made on any given day...

Steve.B50

Why is everyone getting on Slades back.
He is just there to take the flack and the pressure off Fisher and Venus.
Slade was the cheap option and has no intention of staying.
While we have our owner and the Puppet Fisher things will always be the same.

Captain Dart

If only one of these managers would have the bottle to come out and tell the truth of what it's like to try and manage this club with our owners at the helm.
What with SISU's reputation for litigation!

Gazolba

<snip> Get someone else now to start sculpting a squad ahead of L2...use only players who are going to be here next season, even if that means the U23s. Stop playing anyone not going to be here and start working on getting players in so that they're here on 1st July and can get a full pre-season in.<snip>..
Surely if we play an under-strength team in any league game, we'll be fined.
And I don't see how anyone can start 'sculpting a side for L2' until the end of the season or over the summer.
We don't know who will be here. I suspect we'll have an almost entire new squad next season.
Anyone saleable will be sold. Even under contract players will be disposed of if their wages are too high for L2.

Gazolba

Tactics don't win games, it helps but good players with ability, desire and mental strength win games
No, goals win games. And we are exceedingly weak in that area. Our leading scorer has just 4.

steve82

No, goals win games. And we are exceedingly weak in that area. Our leading scorer has just 4.

I agree, and when we've scored goals our defence or keeper has cost us the value of them goals.

Score 2 good goals against Oldham against a keeper with now 14 clean sheets and the 3rd best goals conceded record in the league. RCC has a shocker, defence switch off, midfield allow a player a free run.
It all adds up.

no_loyalty

“I wanted to come here in the first place and help this football club and I still think I can help this football club in the short-term and long term,”

The only way he can help the club in the short term and long term is by resigning

Esoterica

“It’s easy to come out with generalised statements or concerns." shortly followed by a whole bunch of generalised statements and concerns.

Skyblueweeman

Surely if we play an under-strength team in any league game, we'll be fined.
And I don't see how anyone can start 'sculpting a side for L2' until the end of the season or over the summer.
We don't know who will be here. I suspect we'll have an almost entire new squad next season.
Anyone saleable will be sold. Even under contract players will be disposed of if their wages are too high for L2.

You can play who you want in league games. Fergie didn't get fined in 92/93 playing youngsters.

And of course you can start to sculpt a team. Sack the loanees off, get any out of contract players signed up if a new manager wants to keep them and start including youngsters who might be involved next season (like Pontecelli). Then you'd have a couple of months to fill in any gaps before preseason rather than leaving it until August like we do every year.

steve82

lol no need for a manager at all then

My point was they alone don't wing games. Clearly they go to helping... but it's the players the see the job completed over the 90 mins... sorry 96 mins in our case. If they don't react or do the basics what you ask them to change or do is irrelevant

covcity4life

you are absolving slade of any blame for such a bad run. that is wrong.

citing it as one of the reasons is fair enough but you dont have a go at slade for anything.

Users who are viewing this thread