So who owns WASPS? (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

OOh, not some shady anonymous businessmen, I hope. Even more opportunity for double-standards.

From the CT story it isn't just Wasps in their consortium, but who else, dunno..

martcov

OOh, not some shady anonymous businessmen, I hope. Even more opportunity for double-standards.

Not all businessmen are shady. Been near SISU too long. If this deal turns out to benefit "the club" and "SP and the lads" , as I suspect, there will be a lot of humble pie being consumed by certain posters and plenty of Double Standards. But we don't know yet. All we know is that SISU are building the P.i.T.S. stadium in a small town or village near Coventry , according to the CEO, and carrying on with the JR. I doubt whether we will be worse off than this as a result of the Wasps action.

torchomatic

Oh, he's a Richardson. What are the chances of two cunts called Richardson being in control of sports teams?

theferret

Not all businessmen are shady. Been near SISU too long. If this deal turns out to benefit "the club" and "SP and the lads" , as I suspect, there will be a lot of humble pie being consumed by certain posters and plenty of Double Standards. But we don't know yet. All we know is that SISU are building the P.i.T.S. stadium in a small town or village near Coventry , according to the CEO, and carrying on with the JR. I doubt whether we will be worse off than this as a result of the Wasps action.

There is not a chance in hell that this 'deal' will ever be to the benefit of the football club.

lordsummerisle

"
We are not interested in a groundshare, which is prohibitive in terms of helping us to become self-sustainable," he said.
"

That should help out "SP and the lads" then.

Nick

Administrator

You keep going on about it being outside Coventry which you have an issue with but not too fussed about Wasps being moved in, in fact often defending it. ;)

You are right about the Double Standards by the way.

Grendel

Who would you all rather have take a chance on the Wasps connection and their owners or stick with sisu.

Well given that the owner of Wasps says he wouldnt want another team sharing their pitch and will want to only consider a stadium near London probably sisu.

What about you?

chiefdave

Well given that the owner of Wasps says he wouldnt want another team sharing their pitch and will want to only consider a stadium near London probably sisu.

Someone should buy him a map if he thinks the Ricoh is near London.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Who owns Wasps? Is it the same person who owns the Bees? :thinking about:
*** I'll get my coat! *** :D

rupert_bear

What about you?
The Wasps connection easily. I can't see an astute businessman coming out with a statement like that, he knows the resident football team takes priority it is part of the conditons laid down by the football league, he also knows he needs to get extra bums on seats at Rugby games. these guys don't amass their wealth talking silly.

letsallsingtogether

Why not Sisu did
The Wasps connection easily. I can't see an astute businessman coming out with a statement like that, he knows the resident football team takes priority it is part of the conditons laid down by the football league, he also knows he needs to get extra bums on seats at Rugby games. these guys don't amass their wealth talking silly.

martcov

You keep going on about it being outside Coventry which you have an issue with but not too fussed about Wasps being moved in, in fact often defending it. ;)

You are right about the Double Standards by the way.

I have an issue about our predicament. Wasps have a different predicament. They want to better themselves by having a better stadium to cope with increased success ( their aim and hope ). We want to downsize from a stadium in our home town - not much hope or aim for success.

Nick

Administrator
I have an issue about our predicament. Wasps have a different predicament. They want to better themselves by having a better stadium to cope with increased success ( their aim and hope ). We want to downsize from a stadium in our home town - not much hope or aim for success.
Ah so our move would be fine if it was a bigger stadium we went to? I'm trying to understand.

skybluetony176

Ah so our move would be fine if it was a bigger stadium we went to? I'm trying to understand.

No you're not. You're trying to twist word's but for what reason I don't understand. An ego boost maybe?

On the off chance that you are too stupid to understand what he's saying I'll dumb it down for you.

He's pointing out that the owners of Wasps have more ambition for the club they own than the owners of our club have for the club they own. Demonstrated perfectly by the difference in stadiums each party are threatening to move their club's too.

Moff

He's pointing out that the owners of Wasps have more ambition for the club they own than the owners of our club have for the club they own. Demonstrated perfectly by the difference in stadiums each party are threatening to move their club's too.

Is it ambition to leave the hard core of your fans behind, where you play in front of 5,000 or so crowds, to play in a stadium twice the size in front of possibly less fans for league games?
Yes they may get three big crowds for the Euro games, but that is probably it, as Wasps generally these days go out at the group stage assuming they qualify for Europe at all.

This is just to put another viewpoint forward before anyone has a go.

Nick

Administrator
No you're not. You're trying to twist word's but for what reason I don't understand. An ego boost maybe?

On the off chance that you are too stupid to understand what he's saying I'll dumb it down for you.

Yes and my point is they are still moving a fair few miles away whether it is the pingles or wembley. Is it not wrong either way?

I'm not trying to twist words, I can only go from what I read.

rupert_bear

Top class Rugby Union imo will attract crowds far in excess of 5000 at the Ricoh, Wasps will never accede that at Wycombe, They will have done their homework and won't be expecting full houses immediately but in time regular 5 figure attendances could happen. Years ago RU was very popular in this city and many rugby followers go to Leicester and Northampton for their rugger, I know a number who will be going.

Nick

Administrator
Top class Rugby Union imo will attract crowds far in excess of 5000 at the Ricoh, Wasps will never accede that at Wycombe, They will have done their homework and won't be expecting full houses immediately but in time regular 5 figure attendances could happen. Years ago RU was very popular in this city and many rugby followers go to Leicester and Northampton for their rugger, I know a number who will be going.

So you think it will be people from coventry going? Why not go and watch cov rugby?

rupert_bear

Yes and beyond. Top class sport will always attract punters, unfortunately when you drop to third tier rugby there isn't the same attraction. Back in the day CovRFU got gates over 10k regularly but had a team full of internationals.

letsallsingtogether

But what you forget is that if they were to play some of the bigger local clubs at the Ricoh like Leicester, Northampton even Worchester, who have decent away support the crowds wold be bigger then they get now in Wycombe?
To be honest they should Stay in West London. I do not agree with them moving away from their home support.

But realistically how much would it cost to first purchase a place in London then develop it? just a thought.

Is it ambition to leave the hard core of your fans behind, where you play in front of 5,000 or so crowds, to play in a stadium twice the size in front of possibly less fans for league games?
Yes they may get three big crowds for the Euro games, but that is probably it, as Wasps generally these days go out at the group stage assuming they qualify for Europe at all.

This is just to put another viewpoint forward before anyone has a go.

Nick

Administrator
Yes and beyond. Top class sport will always attract punters, unfortunately when you drop to third tier rugby there isn't the same attraction. Back in the day CovRFU got gates over 10k regularly but had a team full of internationals.
Mixture of glory fans and franchising, sounds right up our street!

Maybe acl should be speaking to prem football teams too? Sack ccfc off so we can watch top flight!

letsallsingtogether

Yes remember them well.
Then they got in new owners and wham look at them now. Sounds like another Local team?

[ QUOTE=rupert_bear;781026]Yes and beyond. Top class sport will always attract punters, unfortunately when you drop to third tier rugby there isn't the same attraction. Back in the day CovRFU got gates over 10k regularly but had a team full of internationals.[/QUOTE]

rupert_bear

If you are talking Cov RFU I could educate you on why for the last 30 years they have languished with the also rans of Rugby when neighbours such as Leicester and Northampton have gone from strength to strength and it wasn't new owners that fucked Cov up it was intransigent old ones

letsallsingtogether

Nick fuck all to do with Franchising people keep throwing that word around and then use it as some kind of guilt trick.
Do People not want to watch good quality sport?
Why do the Top Sports teams in the world get the best crowds?
Why do the lower teams get shit crowds?

Fuck me not hard to work out people will pay to watch good entertaining top quality sport.

Why is it in football, Rugby, baseball, cricket, Athletics or any other sports leagues around the world does every Team that gets promoted to a higher league, then attract extra supporters?

Maybe acl should be speaking to prem football teams too? Sack ccfc off so we can watch top flight!

rupert_bear

What a small minded prick you are. So any fan who decides to go to a Wasps match, should they come here is a glory fan, what an idiot. And unfortunately there are Coventrians who now go to Villa, Albion even Leicester to watch top football, used to happen here years ago you could go down to Pool Meadow and catch a coach to any number of local top division clubs.

Nick

Administrator
Nick fuck all to do with Franchising people keep throwing that word around and then use it as some kind of guilt trick.
Do People not want to watch good quality sport?
Why do the Top Sports teams in the world get the best crowds?
Why do the lower teams get shit crowds?

Fuck me not hard to work out people will pay to watch good entertaining top quality sport.

Why is it in football, Rugby, baseball, cricket, Athletics or any other sports leagues around the world does every Team that gets promoted to a higher league, then attract extra supporters?
Moving a club to get the locals to come and watch is franchising isn't it?

I totally understand if we get to the prem then the gates would shoot up, same with cov rugby. Not moving teams in already there.

Nick

Administrator
What a small minded prick you are. So any fan who decides to go to a Wasps match, should they come here is a glory fan, what an idiot. And unfortunately there are Coventrians who now go to Villa, Albion even Leicester to watch top football, used to happen here years ago you could go down to Pool Meadow and catch a coach to any number of local top division clubs.

How is it small minded? What's with the abuse? If you have a problem then pm me.

I seem to remember people on here being obsessed with how many people from Northampton went to our games, how wrong it was etc.

Of course some are glory fans, were these people who used to be city fans going to Leicester when we were in the higher league?

Users who are viewing this thread