Sold Out? (2 Viewers)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Its pretty easy to read between the lines here regarding the new rental deal between sisu and acl. The club pay per block for rent. So they wont pay for what they dont use. I.e. Cov telegraph stand.

So they wait for a block to fully sell out before releasing another.

Effectively CCFC are only paying for whay they use. Something the old deal didnt accomodate.

I'm pretty sure they did it the same for the Crewe match, they opened one stand for JPT fixtures and then released the rest block by block as the others sold out.

SkyBlue_Bear83

It says further blocks in the south stand could be opened subject to police approval

Is the north stand completely sold out then?

Joy Division

I'm not really the moaning type but the club are handling this appalingly.

KersleyDigs

I'm not really the moaning type but the club are handling this appalingly.
I agree. Even in the current climate of positivity, they breed hate from the fans. This should be easy. These guys couldn't organise a f*ck up in a brothel with a fist full of fifties!!!!

Baginton

I agree Joy Division, I'm a lapsed ST holder who wants to buy just three tickets in a 32,000 seater stadium, and have been refreshing a stupid online page for the last twelve hours unable to give them my money, 2014

Great customer service... NOT !!

Joy Division

Why joy? What would you like them to do?

Open up the ground that holds 32,000 for people to purchase tickets, not feed customers/fans cryptic bits of information that dont make sense. We never had this problem for the Crewe and Chelsea game.

stupot07

There probably an issue of not having enough stewards employed to open the whole ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

TakeMeHome

Fuming! I have been trying online thinking there was plenty available still. If I knew there was only 15,000 I'd have started queuing 7am this morning!

Joy Division

Fuming! I have been trying online thinking there was plenty available still. If I knew there was only 15,000 I'd have started queuing 7am this morning!

Exactly this. This is why I'm so annoyed with the awful communication

edgy

Hardly awful communication. They've been updated fans, via social media, regularly. Answering hundreds of tweets as and FB messages.

They told us the south stand wasn't for sale until police have agreed it, a few days ago.

Joy Division

Would have been nice to know there were only 15,000 general sale tickets available.

TakeMeHome

Hardly awful communication. They've been updated fans, via social media, regularly. Answering hundreds of tweets as and FB messages.

They told us the south stand wasn't for sale until police have agreed it, a few days ago.

I think it has probably been hard for them, but personally speaking I wish I knew they would be so limited. Even if I got my tickets, others would have missed out. I guess worst case scenario is I will need to queue up Friday morning and hope for the best. However you have got to question why they made the tickets so cheap if there was limited tickets available, I know people who have tickets are only going because its so cheap and "will be a laugh" and were off work Friday so could go and queue....and I am potentially missing out.

Brighton Sky Blue

They wanted to get playing at the Ricoh as soon as possible after getting the deal done, which is understandable. Problem is that in the effort to keep things under wraps nobody on the admin or stewarding side will have been made aware much before the public announcement and the ensuing disorganisation isn't a big surprise. If worse came to worse we could do what happened at the England U21 game years ago and borrow stewards from nearby clubs on a one off basis.

It's just an unfortunate combination of things coming together at once. Frustrating but I'm sure everyone who wants to go will be able to.

edgy

Let's hope the coppers pull their finger out and allow us to sell the thousands available in the south.

Qwerty70

Worse thing is there will be thousand of seats empty in blocks next to away end because of the ridiculous segregation policy at the Ricoh ; other clubs 10 seats : the Ricoh 100 seats!!

shmmeee

Worse thing is there will be thousand of seats empty in blocks next to away end because of the ridiculous segregation policy at the Ricoh ; other clubs 10 seats : the Ricoh 100 seats!!

Is it still the same safety bloke as before?

mark82

Glad I got my tickets Friday and didn't listen to those saying there is no rush.

This is a total farce to be honest. We've been able to sell out cup games with just as little notice, what's the problem? If it's the police holding things up how do we hurry them along? Could we end up with thousands turning up on the night without tickets?

Kingokings204

Still no one knows where these 10k tickets have gone? Just open the fucking stadium up. It will all sell out.

Gillingham as a fact won't bring more than a blocks worth so let's open the beast of a stadium up and make history.

It can't be "sold out" it is all a bit of a farce but let's all stay patient and I've got my tickets so Nah nah.

TakeMeHome

Apparently no further tickets will be released today.....that leaves them to sell all the £1 tickets to the teens still off school while we struggle to get them as working adults. I can understand policing and stewarding needed, but surely they need to know how many fans are coming and work the safety around them!

Grendel

Don't panic !!!!
Wait and it will be sorted.

For once I agree. I assume they are short of stewards to fulfill health and safety requirements - by making the prices cheap they have created a problem for themselves

Moff

Don't panic !!!!
Wait and it will be sorted.

I hope so Italia, as I am extremely frustrated after spending a day trying and failing to get tickets, after a friend couldn't get them for me on Friday.

I would love to be there, but if not I will be there for the next game, its just I have worked hard to keep my two kids supporting the club and it would be great if they get to the first game back.

Users who are viewing this thread