SP. No incoming transfers. (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Kid

Did anyone truly believe that there would be players coming in? Yet again SISU/Otium f**k off the fans with their "Positive display" of backing the team. 7 years of this s**t, and nothing changes except the depth of it.

Kingokings204

Did anyone truly believe that there would be players coming in? Yet again SISU/Otium f**k off the fans with their "Positive display" of backing the team. 7 years of this s**t, and nothing changes except the depth of it.

Don't worry and I'm sure it's the councils fault. They control the signings and running of the club remember.

lewys33

I do feel sorry for SP because he is clearly having to work a tight budget, but we are seriously doomed if we are left with him, and the shite we have currently.

RegTheDonk

If there's no money for players presumably there's no money to pay him off either.

Creeks and paddles.

Sky Blue Kid

I do feel sorry for SP because he is clearly having to work a tight budget, but we are seriously doomed if we are left with him, and the shite we have currently.
Ah! but there are certain posters that think there is £4m floating around, only SP chose not too spend....Bo**ocks. That's gone to the Cayman Is. and towards yet another JR. The sooner some on here realise there will NEVER be money made ready the better. Remind me again...How many players have left?....and how many players have come in???

Kingokings204

You would have a point, if anybody had actually said or hinted at that being the case.

Thought it might wind up a few. Wasn't my intention I promise. I'm just sick of blaming the council when they have no direct influence over our football club and especially now, now they've done one. We need investment and hope and only our owners can do this.

Terry Gibson's perm

Never mind it just means that he will have nobody new to put in the bomb squad next month.

May as well sack Waggott then no new players no need for him.

Woodster

In; Martin, Nouble & Jones - Two of the three obviously were here before

Out; Clarke, Daniels, Hines, McQuoid, Alsopp, (likely) Madine, (possibly in a couple of weeks) Pennington

To me that's not wheeling and dealing, that's having his budget cut. In terms of numbers from December we are 4 players down, with two loan expiring in the next 2 weeks or so. You can say what you like about Pressley's managerial ability but the man clearly has the patience of a saint.

stupot07

In; Martin, Nouble & Jones - Two of the three obviously were here before

Out; Clarke, Daniels, Hines, McQuoid, Alsopp, (likely) Madine, (possibly in a couple of weeks) Pennington

To me that's not wheeling and dealing, that's having his budget cut. In terms of numbers from December we are 4 players down, with two loan expiring in the next 2 weeks or so. You can say what you like about Pressley's managerial ability but the man clearly has the patience of a saint.

I would imagine we are now paying more wages for Nouble and martin than the % contribution we were paying when they were on loan. Even so the budget at this time will be lower than 2-3 weeks ago, that said the transfer window hasn't closed yet, and then there's the loan window afterwards to I doubt player recruitment has now stopped for the season, so plenty of time to use that bit of freed up wages.

And madine/Pennington haven't left yet so you can really include them as Outs just yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

hill83

Don't worry and I'm sure it's the councils fault. They control the signings and running of the club remember.

3q3bvxxf-1353902236.jpg

Sky Blue Kid

For the attention of Covstu....... Not my words but taken from conference with SP and JOB this morning..... Headlines And that's your lot folks! The biggest points to come out of the press conference were: No new loan players on the horizon Pressley's transfer kitty is non-existant Boss hopeful new keeper Jamie Jones can make an impact James Maddison having scan on his back We'll have more City reaction and previews of the Yeovil game on the website soon

hill83

For the attention of Covstu....... Not my words but taken from conference with SP and JOB this morning..... Headlines And that's your lot folks! The biggest points to come out of the press conference were: No new loan players on the horizon Pressley's transfer kitty is non-existant Boss hopeful new keeper Jamie Jones can make an impact James Maddison having scan on his back We'll have more City reaction and previews of the Yeovil game on the website soon

Basically we are fucked. What a fantastic season this is. What a time to be alive.

Gosford Green

A lot of the transfer dealing from the bargain rail is done at the very end of the window. Usually when an agent takes almost anything that is on offer before its to late.

The futures so bright I've got to wear shades.

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

We always new there would be next to no transfer budget, lets just hope we can do some business and some manoeuvrability in wages before the end of the window. It's shitty and frustrating but I'd have more sympathy with Pressley if he hadn't brought in a load of a shit in the summer. I'd rather they invested in a new manager tbh but I can't see that happening either.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
In the same interview was the following ....

"and James Maddison will be out, too.

"He goes for a scan today on his back and we hope it's nothing serious. He's been extremely hard-worked this year - he participates in U18, U21 and senior football. We expect it's the culmination of a growth spurt. "

I would hope that the young players physical growth and development is being properly monitored. Whilst this may well be linked to a growth spurt it also looks like being linked to over use. I know SP is in a difficult situation in terms of numbers but over use of young players can damage their careers and back injuries are not easy to cure. He brought Aaron Philips back too soon too. But I suppose it boils down to money and needs must in the end doesn't it

LB87ccfc

Cannot wait to go to Dagenham, Stevenage, Morcambe and Newport for our big away days next year, take over en mass and the operation league title spelt out in the summer from Waggott when we invest in players from the conference to help us achieve this.

skybluebeduff

Did anyone actually read the clubs 5 point plan???

If not do so, at the very beginning it should of been obvious that our signings were going to be short term and less players.

[h=3]"Coventry City FC has revealed its plan to take the club forward - which includes a move away from direct financial support from owners Sisu.[/h]The five point plan aims for the football club to be financially stable, achieve financial independence from the owner, link the first team with the academy, build links with the community and develop relationships with businesses.

Terry Gibson's perm

In the same interview was the following ....

"and James Maddison will be out, too.

"He goes for a scan today on his back and we hope it's nothing serious. He's been extremely hard-worked this year - he participates in U18, U21 and senior football. We expect it's the culmination of a growth spurt. "

I would hope that the young players physical growth and development is being properly monitored. Whilst this may well be linked to a growth spurt it also looks like being linked to over use. I know SP is in a difficult situation in terms of numbers but over use of young players can damage their careers and back injuries are not easy to cure. He brought Aaron Philips back too soon too. But I suppose it boils down to money and needs must in the end doesn't it

He is being over played he has nothing to gain from playing all these levels and the scouts from the bigger teams will be able to watch him play in any of the games so no worry when they want to shift him out to raise money.

LB87ccfc

There's always money for legal fees though....the quicker people realise we need rid of Sisu the better

You cannot say things like that on here! that's it now you have opened yourself to abuse.

Everyone is pleased with SISU as they A do not care or B say we can do nothing.

Hobo

no more coming in....anyone really surprised? No wonder SP resorted to back slapping MT.

Covstu

Not sure why this is directed at me but anyway, this is disappointing to hear but i am not suprised. We are lacking in many areas but again no suprised by our wonderful owners!!

6 Generations

Ben Turner seemed to have an endless period of being injured. We were told he was back running at the time. We then sold him to Cardiff cheaply. It wouldn't surprise me if similarly we didn't see Maddison in a Coventry shirt again.
There just seems little point anymore

Ashdown

Not sure what many of these posters are implying about our lack of activity, I was told by another individual on here that our esteemed owners have given SP a budget in the top 6 of the league. Mind you, when I asked for some proof of source to that Info, said poster vanished ?!
Cut, decline, cut, decline, cut, decline. S'ok though they've had a whip round at board room level and are sending a mighty £180 to Africa as Aid so that just shows what a caring bunch they are !!

singers_pore

Did anyone actually read the clubs 5 point plan???

If not do so, at the very beginning it should of been obvious that our signings were going to be short term and less players.

"Coventry City FC has revealed its plan to take the club forward - which includes a move away from direct financial support from owners Sisu.

The five point plan aims for the football club to be financially stable, achieve financial independence from the owner, link the first team with the academy, build links with the community and develop relationships with businesses.

that quote contradicts TF's claim that we are now cash flow positive! There would be no need for financial support from SISU if we really were cash flow positive. IMHO The club is still losing a lot of money and SISU are refusing to spend anything even if it means another relegation. Sad days.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Not sure what many of these posters are implying about our lack of activity, I was told by another individual on here that our esteemed owners have given SP a budget in the top 6 of the league. Mind you, when I asked for some proof of source to that Info, said poster vanished ?!
Cut, decline, cut, decline, cut, decline. S'ok though they've had a whip round at board room level and are sending a mighty £180 to Africa as Aid so that just shows what a caring bunch they are !!

I guess the poster who suddenly disappeared was one of the many cheering Wilson and Baker leaving and Tudgay and Jackson being drafted in as a 'great bit of business'?

Evo1883

Shouldnt we be looking at waggot and pressley in regards to the summer recruitments , i mean we did bring in a few players on frees and loans , much like a club like swindon town , yet for the most part ours have been disastrous .
why is that
we seem desperate for players but only because the onesbought in are awful , wouldnt have this problem if we recruited better in the first place

LB87ccfc

Can we all open our eyes to what is going on here, it is yet another window under SISU's tenture as owners of the football club, to COST CUT.

So let's not bicker about no one coming in,and no budget for players, and focus on removing this cancer from our club, and not be fannies about it either when someone suggests something out of the mundane, lets be open and clear about how we can achieve this, as for me as far as I see it, the club is on a life support machine and the fanbase is happy to see a once loved part of their live disappear all together.

SISU openly stated they do not want to be reliant on putting money in, this is another classic case of not giving a flying shit about OUR club, the way we are going we are on the rollercoaster to league two, the club is dying, if we go to league two, we merse well just pack it in as it will be dead anyway.

Are we all happy to allow this to happen? - awaits the usual we cannot do anything, we cannot be saved, the trust condemn, comments.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Can we all open our eyes to what is going on here, it is yet another window under SISU's tenture as owners of the football club, to COST CUT.

So let's not bicker about no one coming in,and no budget for players, and focus on removing this cancer from our club, and not be fannies about it either when someone suggests something out of the mundane, lets be open and clear about how we can achieve this, as for me as far as I see it, the club is on a life support machine and the fanbase is happy to see a once loved part of their live disappear all together.

SISU openly stated they do not want to be reliant on putting money in, this is another classic case of not giving a flying shit about OUR club, the way we are going we are on the rollercoaster to league two, the club is dying, if we go to league two, we merse well just pack it in as it will be dead anyway.

Are we all happy to allow this to happen? - awaits the usual we cannot do anything, we cannot be saved, the trust condemn, comments.

Ok first what are your suggestions to get rid of them and secondly what is wrong with the club being self sufficient?

LB87ccfc

Ok first what are your suggestions to get rid of them and secondly what is wrong with the club being self sufficient?

Self sufficient under SISU's regime would either A - be in league two under a cost cutting umbrella, playing with mediocre players on a salary cap of 1k PW or less, their is not a chance in hell we will ever become self succifient under their tenture, if you believe we will, call your doctor immediately.

Or B - Would be when they invested into the playing staff, resulting in a hint of success which would have a rolling effect by the fans paying their hard earned reddies to attend the Ricoh Arena in their droves... never going to happen, if you believe it will, again call yourself a doctor.

I think its quite clear - although some will disagree believing SISU have a never ending gold pot at the end of their raibow that SISU are on their final legs in terms of ownership, unless their business model is now to be relegated resulting in lower payments and a more manageable business - at the fans expense.

I am under the impression that the simple ridiculous court cases in relation to the Wasps agreement is them on their knees begging as their is no plans whatsoever for a stadium and they had their bluff called good and proper.

Therefore, are we still happy to continue to pay SISU not CCFC but SISU our hard earned to watch mediocre entertainment on a saturday afternoon putting money into their coffers to keep them churning away at our club whilst it goes into meltdown infront of our eyes and we contribute to it? as NONE of your 60p is going on the playing squad.

( this comes from a fan of 25 years attending the breadth of the country season after season)

Users who are viewing this thread