SP. No incoming transfers. (1 Viewer)

stupot07

So when was the cut off point from last season to this season?

And whatever date you want to use there is an extra 5m approx that wasn't from normal expected income.......none of which was reinvested. And 3m plus was what was said about for Wilson after the deal went through.

Of course some of it is normal revenues. Our first season at the ricoh we had a turnover of £6.5m and that included a JPT cup run, big away cup ties at Arsenal and tottenham, selling bigi, keogh, compensation for robins, promotion payments for Gunnar and turner, that's probably not far off. We lost £9m that season.

I would say the cut off is when the summer transfer window opens.

I would also argue that the values publicised probably aren't anywhere near what we actually got for them - look at danny doc £1.5m move to celtic which ended up being £700k of which we only made £225k profit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

stupot07

Stupot, Ill ask again in case you missed it.

So, out of the two options I gave, which would you prefer?

Yes, I had missed it. I would prefer a short term promotion, but not if it then restricts for the medium to long term. Like I said we're between a rock and a hard place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

The Gentleman

Yes, I had missed it. I would prefer a short term promotion, but not if it then restricts for the medium to long term. Like I said we're between a rock and a hard place.

Cheers for replying. Would it not be beneficial though in the medium term at least to gain a couple of promotions to the championship, pocket the £10 million from that and the extra revenue from tickets as they would surely increase? Sisu aren't going to build a new stadium and they fucked up any chance of getting the Ricoh so surely the best way to at least make us sellable would be to invest to try and achieve the above or otherwise what is there for us/them?

Astute

Of course some of it is normal revenues. Our first season at the ricoh we had a turnover of £6.5m and that included a JPT cup run, big away cup ties at Arsenal and tottenham, selling bigi, keogh, compensation for robins, promotion payments for Gunnar and turner, that's probably not far off. We lost £9m that season.

I would say the cut off is when the summer transfer window opens.

I would also argue that the values publicised probably aren't anywhere near what we actually got for them - look at danny doc £1.5m move to celtic which ended up being £700k of which we only made £225k profit.

So this season was abnormal as we didn't get a big cup tie? As we don't most seasons these days.

Whichever way anyone puts it just 10% reinvested in a goalscorer would have made a massive difference......but there again SP is our manager........

wingy

So this season was abnormal as we didn't get a big cup tie? As we don't most seasons these days.

Whichever way anyone puts it just 10% reinvested in a goalscorer would have made a massive difference......but there again SP is our manager........

that lad at Swindon cost £100K and has scored .............what 18???

SkyBlue_Bear83

that lad at Swindon cost £100K and has scored .............what 18???

Thats Andy Williams who has 18 goals, free transfer actually from Yeovil 2 or 3 years back, must be shit as they didn't pay for him.

Your thinking of Smith, cost about 50-100k from Charlton has 10 goals for Swindon this year.

Astute

Thats Andy Williams who has 18 goals, free transfer actually from Yeovil 2 or 3 years back, must be shit as they didn't pay for him.

Your thinking of Smith, cost about 50-100k from Charlton has 10 goals for Swindon this year.

But how many have our freebies scored so far?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Thats what I would have liked to have seen done to try and get one of the young upcoming goalscorers from lower down the pyramid, instead the money was put into extra wages to get strikers with championship experience in Tudgay, Jackson, Nouble, Madine. And as you say SP is our manager, if he had the money available he would have likely went out and signed Higdon as that was his rumoured target who would have cost a lot in wages and transfer fee and who has been a massive flop and waste of money at Sheffield Utd

stupot07

League One Top scorers

Doyle - 18 goals - free
Williams - 18 goals - free
Forte - 13 goals - free
Bradshaw - 12 goals - undisclosed
(Free agent - compensation as 21)
Henderson - 12 - free
Alli - 11 - academy product
Garner - 11 - free
Hourihane - 11 - £200k

Astute

League One Top scorers

Doyle - 18 goals - free
Forte - 13 goals - free
Henderson - 12 - free
Garner - 11 - free
Hourihane - 11 - £200k

Keep going. Not reached any of our players yet :(

Terry Gibson's perm

You can tell SP isn't going to bring many in Celtic have let 20 year old Marcus Fraser go and we haven't tried to sign him before he went to Ross County he looked the perfect signing 20 years old and played 10 senior games he could have been another Stuart Urquhart!

stupot07

Yep very depressing worst still, I'd only really heard of Garner off that list, yet we go for 'names' jackson, Tudguy, madine and Nouble.......

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

Point is there are decent players out there on a budget if you look hard enough, one of the common arguments is that we can't afford anyone that could do any better. Well we can and that list proves it, Pressley has either brought in players who are not good enough and that's his fault as there were better players available which we could have had or they are good enough and he's not getting the best out of them.

Grendel

League One Top scorers

Doyle - 18 goals - free
Forte - 13 goals - free
Henderson - 12 - free
Garner - 11 - free
Hourihane - 11 - £200k

Surely Sheffield uniteds Michael Higdon must be somewhere on that list?

Gazolba

League One Top scorers

Doyle - 18 goals - free
Forte - 13 goals - free
Henderson - 12 - free
Garner - 11 - free
Hourihane - 11 - £200k

:)

They aren't free. They have to be paid wages.

Gazolba

Point is there are decent players out there on a budget if you look hard enough, one of the common arguments is that we can't afford anyone that could do any better. Well we can and that list proves it, Pressley has either brought in players who are not good enough and that's his fault as there were better players available which we could have had or they are good enough and he's not getting the best out of them.

Just because a player scores 18 goals for some other club does not mean they are going to score that many for us. If there is no-one to set up chances, no goals will be scored. That is evidenced by the 'shots on target' figures in many of our games. All the players in a team have to work together to contribute to the chances and scoring. And even if we had the right players, do you think SP would play the right formation or even put players in their best positions?

1940oldfive

In; Martin, Nouble & Jones - Two of the three obviously were here before

Out; Clarke, Daniels, Hines, McQuoid, Alsopp, (likely) Madine, (possibly in a couple of weeks) Pennington

To me that's not wheeling and dealing, that's having his budget cut. In terms of numbers from December we are 4 players down, with two loan expiring in the next 2 weeks or so. You can say what you like about Pressley's managerial ability but the man clearly has the patience of a saint.

a castrated one

SkyBlue_Bear83

Just because a player scores 18 goals for some other club does not mean they are going to score that many for us. If there is no-one to set up chances, no goals will be scored. That is evidenced by the 'shots on target' figures in many of our games. All the players in a team have to work together to contribute to the chances and scoring. And even if we had the right players, do you think SP would play the right formation or even put players in their best positions?
I agree put some of them players listed in our team and Pressley will probably turn them to crap, I'd also imagine Madine would score a lot of goals in an attacking team in this division. I was just sorta covering both angles there, Pressley has either brought crap players when better were available or his system isn't getting the best out of them, whatever opinion you hold I think the manager has to take a lot of the fault.

Calista

Our problem since time forgot, we like past flavours of the month, even if they now taste like white dog poo.

"White dog poo" dates you a bit Northern - I haven't seen any of that since about 1971! Whatever happened to that much-loved feature of the British street scene?

Samo

"White dog poo" dates you a bit Northern - I haven't seen any of that since about 1971! Whatever happened to that much-loved feature of the British
street scene?

They changed the recipe for Winalot. No seriously.

Calista

They changed the recipe for Winalot. No seriously.

Maybe it was full of chalk or something before? They should reinstate the old recipe, which gave the “end product” a nice firm texture – dry enough to use it for a quick game of footy without getting your school shoes in a mess. But you try telling the youngsters of today that and they won’t believe you.

NW was obviously an even naughtier child, because he knows what it tasted like.

rightumpty

To be fair if we're getting rid of Waggot we might as well get rid of Fisher as well. Think of the money that would save. Then we might get a budget for players. But who would then lick Joys arse.

Users who are viewing this thread