Swindon Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Otis

Not at all confident about this one. At best a scrappy 1-0 win.
Yep! I'm not confident either. Personally I would be happy with a draw.

No good for the club though if play-offs are the aim.

AFCCOVENTRY

We barely got past Blackpool...we aren't in any kind of form. Final nail in the coffin on our season I fear.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I'd take a scrappy 1-0 win to be honest
It's all about getting points in the board

lifeskyblue

Must win game...no matter how we get it. I think the last couple games have seen some improvement in application and determination. Hoping we can build on it and secure three points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skybluesam66

need to win 2 of next 3
we need to go into last 2 games with a chance (even if that means winning last 2 games)
so we then need to win 2 of middle 5 (including Bradford at home + 1 of the other 4)

simples

jimmyhillsfanclub

3-1 to city as we finally turn the corner with back to back wins.....

this still is THE PROMOTION season....we've gotta believe it......PUSB

Happy Friday folks!

H

Huckerby

Obviously I want us to finish as high in the table as possible, but it makes me laugh that people think getting into the playoffs means anything on it's own. Do people really think given recent performances we're likely to even win our first playoff game? Never mind get to the final and win it.

I think we'll beat Swindon 3-1

jimmyhillsfanclub

Obviously I want us to finish as high in the table as possible, but it makes me laugh that people think getting into the playoffs means anything on it's own. Do people really think given recent performances we're likely to even win our first playoff game? Never mind get to the final and win it.

So are you suggesting our form & fortune cannot & will not change....ever?

no?...well stop pissing on my Friday chips then.

PS: you're right about the 3-1 scoreline though :)

skybluelee

Why would our recent form now be relevant in our first play-off game should we get there? Surely the form we show from here to the end of the season to get into the play-offs (should we do it) would be more relevant?

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Surely if we do make the playoffs will be in pretty decent form over the previous 10 games & as often seen the team in form with momentum does pretty well in the playoffs.

Otis

Might in fact be a bonus if we have never been in the play-offs before. Surely for the likes of Peterborough and Sheff Utd who have got there and then lost out it might well have proved to be millstones round their necks.

Don't know the stats on Millwall and Gillingham and Bradford and Barnsley's record in the play-offs, bit unless they have historically done really well I can't see it being an advantage.

Could very well be to our advantage, being in the play-offs for the very first time, should we make it.

We would also have the best crowds in the play-offs too and before anyone mentions our record in front of big crowds, we did beat Gillingham in front of our best attendance for years.

I don't think being play-off virgins would particularly hurt us at all necessarily. TM has been in big games and obviously so too the likes of Joe Cole and Ricketts, Lorentzson and Fortune.

Don't think we should simply be dismissed as wide boys by anyone.

I honestly don't think we will make the play-offs, but if we did, I would then be very confident of making Wembley and going up.

Last edited:

Paxman II

"I honestly don't think we will make the play-offs, but if we did, I would then be very confident of making Wembley and going up."

More ambiguity from you O?

Bite me :)

johnwillomagic

Given Injuries and new signings I think we'll line up like this - 4-2-3-1 of course.

RCC GK
Lorentzon RB
Martin CB
Ricketts CB
Stevens LB
Fleck DCM
Vincelot DCM
Murphy ACM
Armstrong ACM
Cole ACM
Fortune ST

Subs: Addai, Hunt, Rose, Maddison, Tudguy, Jones, Finch

Think it will end up 1-1 even though I've predicted a 2-1 win to us in Prediction League! :thinking about:

Gazolba

I honestly don't think we will make the play-offs, but if we did, I would then be very confident of making Wembley and going up.

I'm undecided on whether we will make the play-offs. It seems highly unlikely though considering we are on an atrocious run, while several teams around us are on fire. But if we do by some miracle make it, all things being equal we have only a 25% chance of going up. Based on those odds, I would not be very confident it will be us. And if we have to face any penalty shoot-outs, forget it.

kg82

Given Injuries and new signings I think we'll line up like this - 4-2-3-1 of course.

RCC GK
Lorentzon RB
Martin CB
Ricketts CB
Stevens LB
Fleck DCM
Vincelot DCM
Murphy ACM
Armstrong ACM
Cole ACM
Fortune ST

Subs: Addai, Hunt, Rose, Maddison, Tudguy, Jones, Finch

Think it will end up 1-1 even though I've predicted a 2-1 win to us in Prediction League! :thinking about:

Doubt Jones will be there. More likely Lameiras. Apart from that, I can see that. If it's not working I'd think about sticking Murphy up top on his own.

Otis

"I honestly don't think we will make the play-offs, but if we did, I would then be very confident of making Wembley and going up."

More ambiguity from you O?

Bite me :)
Listen up you tart! What don't you get? ;)

I will put it in simple English, so even you can understand it.

1. I don't think we will make the play-offs.

I don't think our form will improve enough. I don't think we can recapture our early sesson form.

2. If we were to make the play-offs however, that obviously would mean our form had improved and we were winning regularly again.

3. So, if we were to make the play-offs we would not be inconsistent, would be consistent and obviously I would then really fancy our chances, as most of us surely would.

Entirely logical, well for anyone with an IQ of more than 50 anyway! ;)

Londonccfcfan

We Will get into the play offs this season. We may not win today, (banking on a draw), but a much improved performance will slowly see the momentum and confidence return.

Im banking on us winning five more games. Crucial games obviously vs Millwall and Bradford. Season hinges on those two. Minimum 4 points and both games must not lose.

Swindon H : Draw 1-1
peterborough A : Draw 2-2
Colchester H : Win 3-2
Gillingham A : Win 2-1
Wigan A : Lose 1-2
Millwall H : Win 1-0
Bradford H : Draw 1-1
Doncaster A : Win 2-0
Sheff H : Draw 2-2
Oldham A : Win 1-0

That's 19 more points which equates to 74 points. With a good difference that should be enough for 6th place.

on the other hand we could easily win our next three or four and Wigan A we may be fighting for an automatic place!! (Wishfull thinking).

This is football folks , if we could all predict the future we would be very rich indeed!

Im clinging to the hope we have had our blip. A little bit of form now (not totally dependant on the result today) then who knows.

Form is temporary and class is permanent.

Otis

We Will get into the play offs this season. We may not win today, (banking on a draw), but a much improved performance will slowly see the momentum and confidence return.

Im banking on us winning five more games. Crucial games obviously vs Millwall and Bradford. Season hinges on those two. Minimum 4 points and both games must not lose.

Swindon H : Draw 1-1
peterborough A : Draw 2-2
Colchester H : Win 3-2
Gillingham A : Win 2-1
Wigan A : Lose 1-2
Millwall H : Win 1-0
Bradford H : Draw 1-1
Doncaster A : Win 2-0
Sheff H : Draw 2-2
Oldham A : Win 1-0

That's 19 more points which equates to 74 points. With a good difference that should be enough for 6th place.

on the other hand we could easily win our next three or four and Wigan A we may be fighting for an automatic place!! (Wishfull thinking).

This is football folks , if we could all predict the future we would be very rich indeed!

Im clinging to the hope we have had our blip. A little bit of form now (not totally dependant on the result today) then who knows.

Form is temporary and class is permanent.
Thing is, if we draw the next two games we could be a number of points behind 6th place. That then totally changes the dynamics and incredibly increases the pressure.

Start getting further behind and it could result in a big dent to confidence.

I think we need to win today. Draw the next two and we could be 6 or 7 points behind with only 8 games left.

If we were to get into the play-offs I think we need to be at least hanging on to Bradford's coat tails and not be letting any club be gaining any distance on us.

Londonccfcfan

Your right we may well slip down to 8th or 9th place with a couple of draws.

All I'm saying is that would equate three games unbeaten, 4 points from last two away games ( Blackpool and Posh) and a draw at home vs form side Swindon. All a huge step in the right direction.

Also. Win today is more important For Swindon than Coventry, must not lose to them otherwise they will definately be in place for an outside shot at play offs like us.

Huge game is Colchester ( Must not Draw)

next four games 8 points. Ripped your hands off.

Actually didn't you say earlier at this point in the season better to be just outside the play and in form than be 6th place and woefully out of form? Or words that effect.

Otis

Your right we may well slip down to 8th or 9th place with a couple of draws.

All I'm saying is that would equate three games unbeaten, 4 points from last two away games ( Blackpool and Posh) and a draw at home vs form side Swindon. All a huge step in the right direction.

Also. Win today is more important For Swindon than Coventry, must not lose to them otherwise they will definately be in place for an outside shot at play offs like us.

Huge game is Colchester ( Must not Draw)

next four games 8 points. Ripped your hands off.

Actually didn't you say earlier at this point in the season better to be just outside the play and in form than be 6th place and woefully out of form? Or words that effect.
No, not me. :)

I have always maintained that once we were out of the play-off positions we wouldn't get back in again.

What I have said is that if we WERE to get in the play-offs come the end of the season I would then fancy our chances.

Otis

If we were to win and Bradford to lose that would be a massive switch in momentum.

Don't think it will happen, but cross my fingers that indeed it does!

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Liquid Gold

Said after last week I don't think we will pick up enough points for playoffs but if we did then we'd be the form team and probably go up.

AFCCOVENTRY

Swindon are bringing 2500 fans today.

Can see Ajose scoring against us only because we nearly signed him in the summer.

robbiethemole

If we were to win and Bradford to lose that would be a massive switch in momentum.

Don't think it will happen, but cross my fingers that indeed it does!

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Bradford away to Wigan today.................would like a H win and we jump back into 6th on g/d

my sons 20th tomoz, so a good birthday day out please City :claping hands: PUSB

bawtryneal

Fortune favours the brave. Why some of the negative stuff, we have to go for it and the club needs the fans behind them.

Anybody who is negative now should be banned from getting a play off or Wembley ticket.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

RCC GK

Lorentzon RB
Martin CB
Ricketts CB
Stevens LB

Fleck DCM
Vincelot DCM
Rose ACM
Lameiras ACM
Cole ACM
Armstrong ST

Have all those attacking players rotating. Some slick passing from Lameiras and sheer work rate from Rose with Fortune/Henderson, maybe even Murphy coming on as a striker towards the end of the match to help hold onto our 2-0 lead.

Otis

Fortune favours the brave. Why some of the negative stuff, we have to go for it and the club needs the fans behind them.

Anybody who is negative now should be banned from getting a play off or Wembley ticket.
Please tell me that is a joke. ;)

Otis

RCC GK

Lorentzon RB
Martin CB
Ricketts CB
Stevens LB

Fleck DCM
Vincelot DCM
Rose ACM
Lameiras ACM
Cole ACM
Armstrong ST

Have all those attacking players rotating. Some slick passing from Lameiras and sheer work rate from Rose with Fortune/Henderson, maybe even Murphy coming on as a striker towards the end of the match to help hold onto our 2-0 lead.
Think you made a mistake haven't you?

You forgot to put Murphy in the starting 11. ;)

Terry Gibson's perm

As it is a home game and must win we should attack a bit more so I would leave out one of the defensive midfielders for Rose so for its Fleck out for me

rcc
lorentzon
stephens
martin
ricketts

vincelot
rose
cole
murphy

henderson
armstrong

Users who are viewing this thread