Swindon Match Thread (2 Viewers)

Otis

Wish I did believe we were going to make it, but nothing at the moment makes me think that we will.

Been a bit of an improvement the last 2 games, but to add to our defensive woes of late, we have now also become goal shy too.

Just 3 goals scored in the last 5 games.

Wheelfass

Swindon are bringing 2500 fans today.
Yep, just read on their forum 4,442 sold plus those that are apparently traveling without tickets. I think this game is all ticket for away fans. Can they buy away end tickets on the day or will they have to "mingle".

Otis

They said yesterday 2,500. Hard to believe they have suddenly jumped up to 4,440.

Might just be wishful thinking.

ccfcmad1

No way have they sold that don't expect Anymore than 3k but even that is a great turnout considering the piss poor away crowds we've seen lately

Sick Boy

No way have they sold that don't expect Anymore than 3k but even that is a great turnout considering the piss poor away crowds we've seen lately

It's a fantastic turnout, it's not as though we have a reputation for consistent away support.

torchomatic

torchomatic

Fortune favours the brave. Why some of the negative stuff, we have to go for it and the club needs the fans behind them.

Anybody who is negative now should be banned from getting a play off or Wembley ticket.
Not sure about the banning bit but agree there's no need to be negative.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Wheelfass

Yep, just read on their forum 4,442 sold plus those that are apparently traveling without tickets. I think this game is all ticket for away fans. Can they buy away end tickets on the day or will they have to "mingle".
Sorry......should read 2,442 Ooooops.

Otis

Luckily you're not mystic meg.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
I call it realism, Torch. Been very optimistic and positive all season until we dropped out the top 6.

Now just being realistic. We have been on a very bad run and the likes of Bradford and Barnsley, a very good one.

That needs to change for us to succeed.

Just realism, not negativity.

theferret

It's a fantastic turnout, it's not as though we have a reputation for consistent away support.

To be fair, any club can pick a fixture and designate it a big day out and then run a campaign to drum up numbers. Reading did it a few seasons ago at the Ricoh. Bunch of day trippers today. Their away support this season has been poor and one decent following doesn't really change anything, but fair play 2600 or so is decent.

We have the 9th highest average away following in the entire football league, higher than Wolves, Forest, Hull and QPR amongst others. Not too shabby.

coop

A 2-0 loss i think there fans will help them a lot as they won't shut up singing and snarling all game.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I think the result will be a 2-1 win for City. We really need to start showing the fans what we can do!

Liquid Gold

To be fair, any club can pick a fixture and designate it a big day out and then run a campaign to drum up numbers. Reading did it a few seasons ago at the Ricoh. Bunch of day trippers today. Their away support this season has been poor and one decent following doesn't really change anything, but fair play 2600 or so is decent.

We have the 9th highest average away following in the entire football league, higher than Wolves, Forest, Hull and QPR amongst others. Not too shabby.

Where can you see the figures?

Great_Expectations

No point being negative, my whole life has been filled with negativity as a Coventry fan. There has never been anything to sustainably cheer for, until this season.

Form recently has been poor and excitement levels have dropped, but we are still well in with a chance of promotion. That's the black and white of it.

I understand and appreciate the need for realism, but when every season is filled with mid table mediocrity or relegation battles, let's enjoy the promotion chase we are very much still involved with.

2-0 City.

chiefdave

#CCFC XI: Charles-Cook (GK), Ricketts (C), Stephens, Martin, Lorentzson, Vincelot, Fleck, Rose, Cole, Fortune, Armstrong. #PUSB

#CCFC SUBS: Addai (GK), Hunt, Bigirimana, Maddison, Henderson, Tudgay, Murphy. #PUSB

Otis

Late change for them. Their keeper is out.

Very much hoping they have replaced him with an outfield player.

Users who are viewing this thread