The Final Proof (1 Viewer)

Gint11

The only reason I am boycotting sixfields is because I dont believe my club should be playing in Northampton. Move back to the Ricoh Im there in a flash regardless of SISU.

hill83

Pretty sure he gets it as that is why he doesn't go. Same for me. I am not staunch NOPM as I think it's pointless but I damn sure wont go to Northampton to watch Coventry City.

The majority of people I know, my self included don't go because it's fundamentally wrong. Not be because of NOPM. So I agree with you.

hill83

Apologies. Thought you were on the wind up again. You're right we were never going to "starve them out".

That is what a lot of people were suggesting would happen. A few have said this won't work from day one. These people were branded Sisu supporters and scabs etc. Look at the anger directed at Grendel in this thread for suggesting it isn't working.

DazzleTommyDazzle

I find this all very confusing.....

According to ML the club was "bled dry" by paying £1.2m in rent per annum, yet according to some on here the loss of much more than this in revenue foregone will have no impact whatsoever.

Shome mishtake shurely.......

Hobo

According to ML the club was "bled dry" by paying £1.2m in rent per annum, yet according to some on here the loss of much more than this in revenue foregone will have no impact whatsoever.

They still won't have it.

italiahorse

He's right. Boycotting isn't working and more than likely won't work. Sisu will continue to do what the fuck they want.

I feel better for not going.
I know I am doing the right thing by not supporting SISU stadium plans.

As you say SISU do what they want and don't care what the fans want. Why would people give in to them and effectively rubber stamp what they are doing to them?

hill83

I feel better for not going.
I know I am doing the right thing by not supporting SISU stadium plans.

As you say SISU do what they want and don't care what the fans want. Why would people give in to them and effectively rubber stamp what they are doing to them?

Not one person has suggested giving in and going in this thread.

hill83

Not one person has said it has had no impact whatsoever. Hopefully it's making the fuckers sweat at the very least.

covcity4life

shit dont change

council want to keep fucking the club over long term
sisu want to keep fucking club over out of spite

were...........fucked.

blueflint

Today's "revelations" surely now must show everyone that the NOPM campaign can never work.

We are led to believe that the club have been offered a free (yes FOC!) deal to play at the Ricoh.

Those far more knowledgable that me have said that SISU's recent tactics showed them to be on the run, desperate, the investors are getting twitchy.

And yet, and yet....the offer of a 5 fold increase in attendances at no extra cost is rejected.

Proof that the NOPM campaign is a dead duck.

utter bollocks as usual

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
TBH I'm not sure why people are so hung up on NOPM. To me it was one approach to try and get us back to the Ricoh (by 'starving' SISU). In theory it could work (albeit long term), but like a changed Govt policy, we wanted short-term-ism and so support for it dwindled.

My interpretation of of SISU apparently turning down a rent free offer is 'final proof' that they had never had any intention of accepting any of ACL's offers.

Hobo

Because they want to buy the Ricoh but below the market value. That is for their benefit not the benefit of CCFC.

duffer

I haven't seen any evidence whatsoever to suggest that the boycott isn't working. On a PR front it's clearly drawing national attention to our plight, and it's obviously hurting SISU financially whether they admit it or not.

I would imagine the latest news regarding the zero rent deal will only firm up opinion against SISU, but that's just my opinion.

One things for sure, it's far too early to give up on the basis that SISU 'might' win. There's no logic in that to my mind, just weakness.

skybluetony176

you may well be right grendull if NOPM only had the option of putting pressure on sh1tsu. it puts presure on the FL and ACL/CCC to, this is a pain in the arse to them too.

James Smith

I'm not going to Sixfields because it's wrong to move a club 34 miles away from it's home City, not to starve SISU out. The fact SISU are having to physically pay for this travesty is a bonus which may well become a bigger issue for them as time goes by. If we end up back at the Ricoh with SISU I'll be there in an instant. On the pitch they've made some good choices recently but moving to Northampton is beyond what I'm willing to tolerate

+1 to that.

magic82ball

Business School Day 1.

* You don't have a business if you don't have any customers.

I hope you enjoyed your first lesson, come back tomorrow when we discuss "Treating customers fairly" and "how to screw over everybody so you get what you want"

Senior Vick from Alicante

Today's "revelations" surely now must show everyone that the NOPM campaign can never work.

We are led to believe that the club have been offered a free (yes FOC!) deal to play at the Ricoh.

Those far more knowledgable that me have said that SISU's recent tactics showed them to be on the run, desperate, the investors are getting twitchy.

And yet, and yet....the offer of a 5 fold increase in attendances at no extra cost is rejected.

If they accept the offer though, would it not weaken their bargaining position from their point of view. If they return they want to do it on their terms to get to their desired outcome. NOPM is working as it is weakening their position financially, every time they get a player at the moment they are having to put money into the company, the attendances do not cover operating costs so surely the pressure is mounting? Investors invest for a return, SISU can only show a return on this by having some thing to sell that's profitable. NOPM

rondog1973

If they say we are winning it shows that they might be on the cusp of giving in and returning. I think they are trying to appear strong in the hope that us stay away fans will relent and join them. I'm staying strong and staying away
Yep, could well be bravado to mask a struggling operation.

SISU are the dead ducks, ever one can see it is the ricoh they are after. Listen to Labovitch on cwr 8am to 8.30 on i-player, the question about the new stadium and here him waffle. The brill bit was we might get a conservatory.

For every pound SISU do not take at the gate they have to find from their accounts, no one knows how shallow they are. They are in it for the long term and so are we, it has only been a few months. This will take at least a year or two but we will force SISU to return or go. SISU said the ricoh rent was bleeding them dry, well we must be bleeding them dry now as they are loseing a lot more money. SISU are now sitting ducks.

skybluetony176

Business School Day 1.

* You don't have a business if you don't have any customers.

I hope you enjoyed your first lesson, come back tomorrow when we discuss "Treating customers fairly" and "how to screw over everybody so you get what you want"

that would work if sh1tsu seen us as their customers, they dont. thats their investors.

mark_ccfc

I totally disagree. There is enormous pressure on SISU now, but they have laid out their plans and it will take at least a season or two to make them budge, not just a few months of a season.
Pressley and the young players have done a sterling job so far, but lack of funds, injuries and weather will take their toll as the season progresses. The turn in results will mean even lower attendances
and the pressure will mount. Have patience they will get their just desserts - mark my words! Without the core support SISU will not get investor support for a new stadium, and if CCC/ACL hold their ground
they will have nowhere to turn.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Maybe ACL ought to line up another 'tenant' ,that might force sisus hand.

The previous regime at ACL were looking to find a new tenant even before Sisu started to withhold rent.....a couple years on & still no sign of one...

....I personally believe there is no suitable viable & realistic tenant other than CCFC....which makes the whole situation so fucking dumb.

Twats....the lot of them.

Leamington Pete

TBH I'm not sure why people are so hung up on NOPM. To me it was one approach to try and get us back to the Ricoh (by 'starving' SISU). In theory it could work (albeit long term), but like a changed Govt policy, we wanted short-term-ism and so support for it dwindled.

My interpretation of of SISU apparently turning down a rent free offer is 'final proof' that they had never had any intention of accepting any of ACL's offers.

On the contrary, I reckon support for the boycott and NOPM is holding pretty firm. Last two home gates under 2000 when if you'd believed Fisher we'd be nearly full by now.

jesus-wept

I don't go to Northampton because of any NOPM campaign, I don't go because I can't be fucking arsed and I think many think the same., don't go to many away games anymore and for me Northampton is an away game. Would I go if we drew a big gun in the cup, quite likely, would I go if we had to win to go up, or a play off quiet possibly yes.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

shit dont change

council want to keep fucking the club over long term
sisu want to keep fucking club over out of spite

were...........fucked.

Forget the delusional rhetoric. How are the council wanting to 'fucking the club over long term' within the context of the latest (refused) rent deal?

Are you absolutely insane?

jimmyhillsfanclub

I don't go to Northampton because of any NOPM campaign, I don't go because I can't be fucking arsed and I think many think the same., don't go to many away games anymore and for me Northampton is an away game. Would I go if we drew a big gun in the cup, quite likely, would I go if we had to win to go up, or a play off quiet possibly yes.

Careful Jesus-wept....

I suggested that many don't go simply because its usually on a sunday, its a shitty shed of a ground & its 35 miles away.....

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/38565-IS-NOPM-WORKINGr?p=578980#post578980

....and lots of folks got on their very high judgmental horse....

Ashdown1

James Smith

The previous regime at ACL were looking to find a new tenant even before Sisu started to withhold rent.....a couple years on & still no sign of one...

....I personally believe there is no suitable viable & realistic tenant other than CCFC....which makes the whole situation so fucking dumb.

Twats....the lot of them.
I thought they were putting together a back-up plan for the use of the pitch in case we ever moved out. I guess it's lucky for us that they either haven't implemented it or can't find a tenant who can move in yet.

CvsF

Or they were making it up?

I thought they were putting together a back-up plan for the use of the pitch in case we ever moved out. I guess it's lucky for us that they either haven't implemented it or can't find a tenant who can move in yet.

Grendel

Or they can't and never will find a realistic tenant.

James Smith

Or they can't and never will find a realistic tenant.

Also possible, or they're hoping that there is a chance we'll return and haven't moved on just yet. Despite statements to the contrary from Fisher, Seppala & Labovitch we don't appear to have moved on and as a result we're no closer to getting back to Coventry in our new stadium.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread