The Final Proof (2 Viewers)

SkyblueBazza

The previous regime at ACL were looking to find a new tenant even before Sisu started to withhold rent.....a couple years on & still no sign of one...

....I personally believe there is no suitable viable & realistic tenant other than CCFC....which makes the whole situation so fucking dumb.

Twats....the lot of them.

Or maybe the potential new tenant & ACL are taking their time to get the deal right - including the way they move away from any existing deal they're currently in elsewhere. Not every business just stops paying or walks off & burns their bridges.

davebart

Proof that the NOPM campaign is a dead duck.

Here's an analogy for you.

SISU are in their citadel with high battlements. We are an army surrounding the citadel and trying to starve them out.

we can't see over the wall so we don't know how well our plan in going.

But you and your mates are the ones sitting there after a few weeks niggling away saying 'it's not going ot work. They aren't taking any notice.'

Well it does bloody work as long as you don't want instant results.

and walking round with placards is not an alternative.

SkyBlueSid

I don't go to Northampton because of any NOPM campaign, I don't go because I can't be fucking arsed and I think many think the same., don't go to many away games anymore and for me Northampton is an away game. Would I go if we drew a big gun in the cup, quite likely, would I go if we had to win to go up, or a play off quiet possibly yes.

I'm afraid this is what the pro-Sisu brigade have never understood. The 90% or so of fans that no longer go to home games are not necessarily making any sort of anti-Sisu protest or boycott. They (we) may not like Sisu or approve of the way they have run the club. But the reason most don't go is that travelling to Northampton for every home game is simply not a sensible option. No matter what the rights and wrongs are in the situation, most people are sick and tired of hearing it all. The bottom line is that the team are playing far away from the City, and if they were back at the Ricoh, whatever the deal, most would return immediately.

I have said before that the old 'regulars' are gradually getting out of the habit of going to the games, and the longer this goes on, the less people will be likely to return. Interest will dwindle, as history has shown us since the Premier days. Once people stop, it's very difficult to get them back. The reasons get lost in the mists of time, but the regular matchday routine will have gone for good, irrespective of the politics of it all.

Grendel

Here's an analogy for you.

SISU are in their citadel with high battlements. We are an army surrounding the citadel and trying to starve them out.

we can't see over the wall so we don't know how well our plan in going.

But you and your mates are the ones sitting there after a few weeks niggling away saying 'it's not going ot work. They aren't taking any notice.'

Well it does bloody work as long as you don't want instant results.

and walking round with placards is not an alternative.

The more fitting analogy is you offer them all the food you have and they say no --they won't be coming back for seconds

letsallsingtogether

They won't be coming back full stop time for CCAFC I believe.
They might as well pay there £200,000 as it is still cheaper then there 8,000 lego ground outside Cov they will never fill.

The more fitting analogy is you offer them all the food you have and they say no --they won't be coming back for seconds

NorthernWisdom

Who is to say that boycotting isn't working? Why else has Fisher been so quiet, why else did Seppala go through the charade of a meeting with Ms Lucas and why has she suddenly started giving interviews? Neither of us know if this is hurting SISU or not, but a few things seem to have changed and this isn't even a total boycott.

You can equally say that objectively, given the terms of engagement have moved drastically from a 'final offer, negotiations at an end' to 'talk to us, we're here and waiting' SISU's strategy has been highly effective from their POV, and they don't need to say anything while their opposition make the running.

Like it or not, so far SISU have played this rather well from their perspective, they've got movement where previously there was none. They could return now and be in a better position than if they hadn't moved, the issue is how far they push it, and whether the game of chicken sees the club taken down with it, and collatoral damage elsewhere.

Last edited:

tuousis

Looks like somebody is on a one man mission to hold back the tide of opinion that is now against SISU. I remember a story about someone else trying to hold back the tide - he was a Cnut as well.
I like this reply ,but the like sign has gone,any reason.

Grendel

I like this reply ,but the like sign has gone,any reason.

The tide can in and drowned the twat. He thought sticking his hand out and saying not one wave more would work.

NorthernWisdom

So what's the plan?

I've always been a fan of more pro-active statements of identity myself.

Those don't have to be held in northampton either...

Start with an open-top bus parade of the cup winners to celebrate... errm, 26 years 7 months since the triumph... or 25 years of finishing 7th (OK the dates should provbably be left out:) )

Wheel out the likes of Bobby Gould for events in the city centre, what Coventry means to *them*. Even if you think he's a shit manager, listen to him speak and it's obvious he *cares* he can have you believing.

Still think do a fake match one day,m where everyone gathers for the pre-match rituals, could work.

But really, it's about coming up with things that get people to turn out, and get people a chance to assert their status as fans of Coventry City.

If it's still like this start of next season, actually do the march on the football league headquarters first day of the season, get fans of other clubs involved, plan it in advance... no more of the flim-flam and half a dozenturning up, but leaflet the city centre, push, get people onside such as Gould, Ainsworth to push these events.

After that move onto the really big anniversaries, such as the day we signed Paul Edwards. Have him come over and re-enact the moment he put pen to paper.

shmmeee

As I posted in the other thread, ultimately surely the only plan we have is a new club? I mean assuming Seppala can't be swayed by loss of income or fan pressure (as is the premise of this thread).

Other than that it's where's the weak link? The FA? The Council? Seems FA are most likely to a) have the power to step in and b) open to public pressure. However can they actually force any resolution legally? The Council have public support for now, but can they offer what is being asked? Would people want them to or would that be "selling our soul"?

Seems to me its a game of chicken between Sisu and CCFC (the fans) and if Joy won't blink then our only weapon is to take our support elsewhere.

RegTheDonk

I agree that the idea of NOPM won't bother SISU in the short term, they have deep pockets. The NOPM campaign has been blurred anyway by too many factions or people not knowing really what it stood for (don't spend any money, get cov back to the ricoh, sisu out etc etc) and a once alliance with the Sky Blues Trust made the waters even muddier. But a continued boycott by the majority does send a message of discontent that we are playing in Northampton, and I would submit that is the real cause of most supporters pain.

Though SISU have shown they can ride it out, demonstrated by rejecting a rent free offer (if that even was the case), perhaps continued media coverage of how much they are losing will eventually get through to their investors - many of which, I believe, are foreign pension funds. If they show a concern, perhaps this will be passed onto Joy for a quicker resolution.

One thing I would say about NOPM is that while it may not financially hurt SISU, abandoning it and going to Sixfields will give SISU a mandate to continue our exile.

Grendel

As I posted in the other thread, ultimately surely the only plan we have is a new club? I mean assuming Seppala can't be swayed by loss of income or fan pressure (as is the premise of this thread).

Other than that it's where's the weak link? The FA? The Council? Seems FA are most likely to a) have the power to step in and b) open to public pressure. However can they actually force any resolution legally? The Council have public support for now, but can they offer what is being asked? Would people want them to or would that be "selling our soul"?

Seems to me its a game of chicken between Sisu and CCFC (the fans) and if Joy won't blink then our only weapon is to take our support elsewhere.

For once you talk sense. It's obvious the owners have gaurenteed investment to see out the season and if they somehow got promotion then perhaps longer.

No new ground will be built. The choice is simple. As you say sell your soul or liquidate. As I have no empathy with the council and 100% empathy with the club for me the choice is very, very simple.

Grendel

My thoughts exactly, hit em with the hardest stuff last, they won't know which way to turn.

As, alas, neither did Paul Edwards :(

Why the obsession with Paul Edwards? Wasn't he a full back who was erm a bit average?

Nonleagueherewecome

Why the obsession with Paul Edwards? Wasn't he a full back who was erm a bit average?

Something of a cult figure, a bit like you. Oh wait, that word that describes you is spelt slightly differently, my mistake!

Nonleagueherewecome

My thoughts exactly, hit em with the hardest stuff last, they won't know which way to turn.

As, alas, neither did Paul Edwards :(

He had an absolutely stunning game against Liverpool! Something about us and crap left-backs having just one great game, Steve Morgan was the same.

ohitsaidwalker king power

For once you talk sense. It's obvious the owners have gaurenteed investment to see out the season and if they somehow got promotion then perhaps longer.

No new ground will be built. The choice is simple. As you say sell your soul or liquidate. As I have no empathy with the council and 100% empathy with the club for me the choice is very, very simple.

This post has made me think G... as per our exchange before the start of the season- I absolutley acknowledge the liquidation risk.. it is for me very very real.....and whilst I recognise the point you make about the "simplicity" of the choice you have made... for me and many others there is something in the way... I cant cross that bridge yet.. as expensive as the fall might be?

Nonleagueherewecome

I actually kind of liked Steve Morgan!

Probably because the other chap we signed (one of the many Paul Williamses around that time) was truly, truly abysmal!

Oh Christ, not the other Paul Williams, he was truly awful...

shmmeee

And ultimately that's what it comes down to: each person's choice.

Would be very sad to see the club split down the middle like that, and that's why I think even those who would follow a new club will leave it until the absolute last second before committing to it.

Just a small point: who is "the club" that you have empathy with? If it's nothing more than the fans (everything else has changed in my lifetime) then it's not an either or situation with the council.

NorthernWisdom

Would be very sad to see the club split down the middle like that, and that's why I think even those who would follow a new club will leave it until the absolute last second before committing to it.

Indeed, i bang on about that almost as tediously as the rent boy scabs do, but the more that are prepared to follow a team the better.

You'll always have some who won't go no matter what, on both extremes, but pragmatically there's a large base in the middle who just want to watch Coventry in Coventry (or somewhere that's Coventry bar an administrative boundary!) and care not for the politics of who's 'won' or 'lost' once this finishes...

Como

The Club is an ephemeral item, I think most people know it but trying to pin it down is difficult, certainly not the Owners or the Directors.

Not even the Stadium as those change, I did have my doubts leaving Highfield Road. But most seem happy to move to the outskirts into something shiny and new.

My Brother goes to the odd home games with a few others, but no longer has a season ticket. Obviously not the same.

Sisu have no interest in any of these things, not like some of the big time 'investors' that have come into the game mainly for ego, they exist to make money for their Investors.

Would be fascinating to know what they have told these investors the current plan is.

Grendel

And ultimately that's what it comes down to: each person's choice.

Just a small point: who is "the club" that you have empathy with? If it's nothing more than the fans (everything else has changed in my lifetime) then it's not an either or situation with the council.

The club is the entity I have been associated with for more than 40 years. Life is short. I want to continue the club as it is not in a midland combination. For me watching at this level is as ACL as it can get. Owners come and go. If sisu get the ground and the club they will then sell anyway. At least its a future. There will ultimately be no other option other than extinction.

How is it obvious the owners have the investment to see out the season and what about next season? Also glad to see you agree that sisu are not to be trusted.

Grendel

How is it obvious the owners have the investment to see out the season and what about next season? Also glad to see you agree that sisu are not to be trusted.

They have it because the league have agreed it. If they don't they sell players in January - easy.

shmmeee

The club is the entity I have been associated with for more than 40 years. Life is short. I want to continue the club as it is not in a midland combination. For me watching at this level is as ACL as it can get. Owners come and go. If sisu get the ground and the club they will then sell anyway. At least its a future. There will ultimately be no other option other than extinction.

I respect that opinion, each to their own on that regard. As I said, I think it'll be close to 50/50 if a serious new club emerged, change that depending on how far from Coventry any new ground is, and that's a real shame on all sides.

Edit: I think all sides are desperately looking for a "third way". But ultimately only Sisu know their limits and as our owners they are the ones that matter. We're just rearranging deckchairs on Joy's Titanic until a decision comes.

Last edited:

Hobo

I agree with you Grendel..SISU will fund to end of season. After that I think it is up,in the air.
We all want to see us performing in the highest league possible...League 1 at the moment.
Yes if they get the ground they might sell and it's a future....I cringe as to whether it would be a prosperous future or completely void of SISU strings?
Yes there is a real danger of liquidation...whether out of genuine lack of funds or even spite...I don't know but a real danger.
But I can and will protest as loud as I can...for the sake of football and other clubs if not Coventry City...no fan should have to endure this!

Macca

As others, nothing to do with nopm just can't connect with a team playing so far away from Coventry. See the club as temporarily suspended

Spionkop

Steve Morgan, oh and Ally Pickering, even Paul Edwards, seem to get a lot of flak on SBT at points. To me they played in the top division with us, Pickering and Morgan for prolonged periods. These players kept us in that top division while the likes of Hadji & co - who get high praise constantly - didn't.
There's a bit of rewriting of history goes on. Just because Morgan, Edwards, Pickering & similar players weren't star names shouldn't make them ripe for slagging off.
There's banter I know. Not a fan of it myself, just a word or excuse for abuse. But knocking players who helped keep this club this club in the top division is off the mark.

Snozz_is_god

That is opinion, not fact.

They might sell something, but what guarantees have you got that they would sell the club and the ground together as one package?

As they have shown scant regard for the football club or it's fans, I suspect SISU will do whatever maximises their earning.

Football clubs lose money, so why would they want to keep it, after all it's only being kept alive at the moment because it's a means to an end.

I'm telling you, these people a ruthless in their pursuit of money, SISU getting hold of the Rocoh will not mean a rosie future for the football club.

Users who are viewing this thread