The Next England Manager (2 Viewers)

stupot07

Rafa Benitez

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Captain Dart

Chris Hoddle has just said exactly what I said during the post match summary - Glenn Hoddle!
Let's focus just on the football competency & management skills. If you consider outside stuff 1/2 the squad over most generations wouldn't be chosen. John Terry, Rooney, Gazza & many others would've all been omitted given some of their 'misdemeanours' away from the game.

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Hoddle would be OK, in conjunction with a younger guy like Gary Monk or Eddie Howe to motivate the players, but please not one of the Nevilles or Southgate.

Otis

Hoddle would be OK, in conjunction with a younger guy like Gary Monk or Eddie Howe to motivate the players, but please not one of the Nevilles or Southgate.
The hairs on the back of my neck are standing up just thinking about it.

Terry Gibson's perm

It will be Southgate the fa have no idea and wouldn't be able to spot a good manager if they were standing in front of them.

superskyblue

Jurgen Klinsmann for me. International experience and is widely regarded to have played a big part in laying the foundations for the current Germany side.

Otis

Jurgen Klinsmann for me. International experience and is widely regarded to have played a big part in laying the foundations for the current Germany side.
A German managing England!! What!!! What!!!!!!!

Next you will be telling me we are going to be leaving the EU!

lewys33

Eddie Howe is the only choice out of the current list that has anything about him. Otherwise repeat the same actions 4/6 years down the line.

Edit: If I had to pick top 3

1: Howe
2: Pardew
3: Shearer

Monners

Alan Shearer. He clearly cares and spoke common sense throughout the tournament. He won't suffer fools either and will pick and play who he wants , and in their correct position.

Otis

Alan Shearer. He clearly cares and spoke common sense throughout the tournament. He won't suffer fools either and will pick and play who he wants , and in their correct position.
If it was Shearer he would need good coaches around him.

stupot07

He also did so well with Newcastle....

Neville talks a lot of sense on sky....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

rybccfc

Eddie howe is the only option if we want to move forward. No timescale just support him and give him everything he wants and needs. Then maybe one day we might actually get somewhere.

CJ_covblaze

Pipehitterz

Can't think of a manager I'd want
Nobody mentioned in this thread at all if I'm honest .
Is there any 'great ' managers left

chiefdave

The list of candidates shows you had bad things are. There's no one on the list you'd get excited about being made manager.

I'm not a fan of foreign managers but I think that's going to have to be considered.

bringbackrattles

Its a poisioned chalice and although someone will get the job we'll keep on going over the same ground for years to come.Shearer said last night we aren't as good as we think we are,the players and the coaching etc just aren't up to scratch.I wonder if the Aussie rugby coach of our England Union side fancies a go !

SkyblueBazza

See - to me there's too much of this media thing going on. They will say anything to sell their story (or in modern parlance get the site hits)
This Iceland poulation blah blah blah is all irrelevant. NZ have been at the very top of world rugby for how long? They are a small nation too. So it must be more about the quality of what is produced from the very early ages...& that is largely influenced by attitude. And then much later the quality of coaching.
Many of these international players in successful teams can play out of their preferred position purely because of superior technical ability. The actual basic job of scoring or stopping someone else from scoring is not complex. It doesn't need coaching. Micro tactics probably are a step too far - & likely to be what we do too much of. Show the players the oppositions last 2-3 best results & let instinct do the rest! They should already be able to control a ball, pass it or head it & to make a fair but strong challenge without giving get a foul away.
As kids...dont discard them because they are a foot shorter than others on the same position - if their attitude & determination is such...that will make them winners. That's why the lies of Joey Barton & Robbie Savage & David Speedier & Lionel Messi have excelled.
Mental attitude at the early age means more than technical ability or size...unless you're unfortunate enough to be English where the approach is more a case of 'if you're big enough you're hard enough and therefore good enough'...& 'a good big'n will always beat a good little'n'. Let's focus on fidi get the good ones first then sift the best!

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Gazolba

It does not matter who the manager is, we will never win anything until the entire structure of thr English game is changed.

Otis

So if it is to be Southgate for 12 months I take it we are not at all interested in qualifying for the 2018 world cup.

Terry Gibson's perm

So if it is to be Southgate for 12 months I take it we are not at all interested in qualifying for the 2018 world cup.

We will qualify we always do even with that garbage in charge, probably better if we didn't though as it would be safer for the fans not to have to go there.

Otis

We will qualify we always do even with that garbage in charge, probably better if we didn't though as it would be safer for the fans not to have to go there.
My missus's sister is going to be minted! She has three properties in Volgograd. Can see her renting those out no problem.

Otis

Not sure we will qualify to be honest, not if it is Southgate. Can see Scotland beating us and Slovakia away will provide tricky I think. First game after all change, so tactics and formations all over the place.

Oh...... hang on ........

bringbackrattles

Not sure we will qualify to be honest, not if it is Southgate. Can see Scotland beating us and Slovakia away will provide tricky I think. First game after all change, so tactics and formations all over the place.

Oh...... hang on ........
Don't forget mighty Malta !

Otis

I'm sure he's not, but he comes over a bit dense and clueless to me.

At least with Hodgson the players seemingly respected him. Southgate seems a bit of a joke.

Captain Dart

Southgate rejected interim job, FA shitting themselves they might actually have to do their job now.
Thank heavens for that!

Liquid Gold

We just played poorly in a tournament in France getting knocked out in the last 16 so people want..... a manager who had us playing poorly in a tournament in France getting knocked out in the last 16. Unbelievable

Johnnythespider

Southgate rejected interim job, FA shitting themselves they might actually have to do their job now.
He must be mad, a couple of million for a years work with very little expectation of him. Kerching

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread