The Official JPT home leg tickets sales thread (5 Viewers)

pusbccfc

Just read the latest tweet. Wow 18100, that shows we're continuing to sell 2000 a day!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
If they sold tickets at a reduced price for the league games as well, surely more fans would go? Nice thought, but it would never happen. :thinking about:

covcity4life

If they sold tickets at a reduced price for the league games as well, surely more fans would go? Nice thought, but it would never happen. :thinking about:

yeah but id doubt you would see same sales for normal league games

also

32,000 attendence x £5 tickets = £160,000

15,000 attendence x £15 tickets (avg price perhaps because of kids and coneccesions) = £225,000

so club still stands to make more money from higher tickets and lower attendences

shame lol

Ashdown1

Looks like 20,000 + by the end of Saturday, next week brings payday and then the rundown to the actual match with plenty of people I don't doubt hoping to pay on the day!

Speng

yeah but id doubt you would see same sales for normal league games

also

32,000 attendence x £5 tickets = £160,000

15,000 attendence x £15 tickets (avg price perhaps because of kids and coneccesions) = £225,000

so club still stands to make more money from higher tickets and lower attendences

shame lol
Yeah but more people will visit the club shop Buy program's etc , and the most important thing is that other teams will find it more daunting playing at the Ricoh in front of 20 k plus , it's a difficult one ,

covcity4life

Yeah but more people will visit the club shop Buy program's etc , and the most important thing is that other teams will find it more daunting playing at the Ricoh in front of 20 k plus , it's a difficult one ,

yeah i agree,other factors can play a part

id love it if they did it thats for sure

kg82

Not sure season ticket holders would be too happy if it happened all the time!

WillieStanley

League tickets are cheap anyway. we're one of the cheapest clubs to support in the league. I don't know what more they can do. Early-Bird Season Tickets worked out to £9 per match in the cheapest zones, Under 7s are free, JSBs get vouchers for half price adult tickets. They tried all sorts of promos last season and the season before which hardly anyone used, they have the "You Choose" offer where you can pick and choose a bulk of games and recieve a discount.

kg82

League tickets are cheap anyway. we're one of the cheapest clubs to support in the league. I don't know what more they can do. Early-Bird Season Tickets worked out to £9 per match in the cheapest zones, Under 7s are free, JSBs get vouchers for half price adult tickets. They tried all sorts of promos last season and the season before which hardly anyone used, they have the "You Choose" offer where you can pick and choose a bulk of games and recieve a discount.

Very true. I also read somewhere that the tickets for hartlepool were £25! If that's true that's ridiculous (even if it did turn out to be a fiver a goal).

theferret

We're not one of the cheapest to support in the league, it's a bit of a myth (although I don't think our prices are expensive either).

Basically, most clubs have category a,b,c games, and when our club compare our prices with other clubs they always seem to compare them to the cat A prices (funny that). Sheffield United cat c games are £10. Unfortunately, as we are a bigger fish in a smaller pond this season, we tend to be cat a games wherever we go, so prices we pay as away fans are misleading.

Anyhow, I do think our prices are fine - £18 midweek and £22 Saturday is about right.

skybluelee

I still can't believe that we are 180 mins away from a trip to Wembley, tickets are £5 a go, we have been the best team in the league over the last 3 months and playing the most exciting football we have seen at the Ricoh, and we still haven't sold this game out.

How can any person classifying themselves as a Coventry fan, living within, say an hour from Coventry, choose (and by that I am excluding the seriously ill or poor) not to attend.

FFS, 300,000 people live in Coventry. Sort it out.

coundonskyblue

<p>
I still can't believe that we are 180 mins away from a trip to Wembley, tickets are £5 a go, we have been the best team in the league over the last 3 months and playing the most exciting football we have seen at the Ricoh, and we still haven't sold this game out. </p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>How can any person classifying themselves as a Coventry fan, living within, say an hour from Coventry, choose (and by that I am excluding the seriously ill or poor) not to attend. </p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>FFS, 300,000 people live in Coventry. Sort it out.

I assume this is sarcasm!

skybluelee

Now 18,117 sold. Hopefully the recent additions were purchased with my stinging criticism ringing in their ears.

Gint11

yep, 18k + sold, will easily pass 20K, hopefully get close to 25k would be brilliant. Wish the 2nd leg was at home though.

shmmeee

yep, 18k + sold, will easily pass 20K, hopefully get close to 25k would be brilliant. Wish the 2nd leg was at home though.

Nah, will be 20k sold at this rate, plus walk up and a few hundred away, I'd say 25k is nailed on now.

kg82

I don't understand, do people think this game is on Saturday? There's 12 days to go. Even if you sell, say, 500 a day from now on in that's 6000 more, plus say 2000 walk up plus the Crewe lot (call it 1000). That would be over 27k, and I'm underselling it. I think it'll be a sell out.

Noggin

I don't understand, do people think this game is on Saturday? There's 12 days to go. Even if you sell, say, 500 a day from now on in that's 6000 more, plus say 2000 walk up plus the Crewe lot (call it 1000). That would be over 27k, and I'm underselling it. I think it'll be a sell out.

Agreed, it's 30k+ for sure as long as they open some of the south stand. The more tickets we sell the more it gets talked about and the more attractive it is to to the fan who comes only very occasionally and so the more tickets we sell, it's a positive circle.

Ashdown1

People need to chill, we hadn't sold this many this far before almost any game apart from perhaps Chelsea. The Ricoh as folk point out all too regularly is a hop out of peoples way, I'd say have a look at the actual sales figures by Sunday night when tomorrows half day and Saturday and Sunday opening times have been totalled up. We are due a thaw beginning Saturday as well and a lot of older folk will be seeing off the Ice before risking their necks on it getting out. As the previous poster says the more bought the more connections and interest made. It'll sell out alright, I'm sure apart from the apathy from Crewe.

georgehudson

Christ does that mean a return of the Orange clad "Goonsquad" again ! :slap:
well, they'll be attempting to do what it says on their backs,
RESPONSE, if you ask them what they are responding to though, they get a bit touchy, and are liable to issue a veiled threat to you

Users who are viewing this thread