The Official JPT home leg tickets sales thread (1 Viewer)

Mr pot

Need to book mine tomorrow feck......I need 8. Only got my group together tonight

ohitsaidwalker king power

Does anyone know how many tickets we are giving Crewe ?

Hi Speng- I previously dropped the club an email enquiring as to possibilities of limiting Crewes allocation and placing Crewe fans into the corner blocks- heres the response re allocation etc,

Hi @@@@

Thanks for your email, I had read your post on Sky Blues Talk yesterday so please feel free to post the response back up.

In the initial stages we have to offer Crewe 15% of the stadium to sell but if they don’t take these, which it doesn’t look like they will , then we would look at opening more of the ground for home fans should the demand for tickets be there.

As with all games, due to the additional costs incurred when opening these blocks, they will only go on sale once the other areas of the stadium are filled but I sincerely hope that this is the case. As I’m sure you know, we have unsuccessfully tried to open that area to home fans permanently before but for a number of reasons we were forced to close it. The number of fans that wanted to move into that area wasn’t as big as we thought it would be either.

I can assure that even before this game went on sale we have discussed opening that area of the ground once we have sold the required number of tickets and we will should the demand dictate we do.

Best Regards

theferret

Absolute joke, nearly 5000 tickets for them , they don't get that at home games

We are obliged to offer them that amount, doesn't mean to say that's how many they have requested. I would be very surprised if they have. I suspect in the end their allocation will be in the region of 1500-2000, but obviously it depends on the logistics of cutting the south stand in two in terms of turnstiles and segregation in the concourse etc.

pusbccfc

We've gave them an allocation of 3000 (which we do for all games) if they want more they'll get more. If they don't sell them, and is evident they won't, they'll open the blocks to Coventry fans. If we sell 2000 today, we'll have near about sold out the full usual home area of the ground.

I can see the south stand being open to home fans by Monday.

theferret

Looking at the available tickets, it appears that there are as many available seats in the JSB section as there are in the rest of the ground combined (although I think block 26 has yet to be opened for sale). Either way, it's likely that by the time the rest of the ground has sold out they'll still be seats in the JSB area. I wonder if they will make people buy in that area before they open up behind the goal? The thought of some of the people I know who have yet to buy tickets sitting amongst the JSBs doesn't bear thinking about! Sure the club will realise that though.

theferret

We've gave them an allocation of 3000 (which we do for all games) if they want more they'll get more. If they don't sell them, and is evident they won't, they'll open the blocks to Coventry fans. If we sell 2000 today, we'll have near about sold out the full usual home area of the ground.

I can see the south stand being open to home fans by Monday.

We rarely allocate more than 1000 to away teams nowadays (I mean actual tickets - no point pritning all those tickets and then having to bin them). Teams sell them they can request more, or they just pay on the gate.

As a cup tie, this game is different in that we have to offer 15% - ie just under 5000, but I am sure they have already informed us that they don't require that.

There are still about 4000 seats left to sell once they open up block 26, and then you have blocks 12,13 & 14 which are all technically still in our end which will go on sale before they open the stand behind the goal, so I think it might be a bit longer before they open the south stand, but hope you're right.

Last edited:

Noggin

why isn't block 26 available? I assumed it had sold out. other blocks were grey too untill they relased the season tickets and they then opened back up, I'd assumed there were just no moved season ticket holders there.

Ashdown1

Coventry fans are all mad for this, yet Crewe as of yesterday hadn't even advertised the game on their website. Be lucky if they shift a 1000, if it was just down to interest and support we deserve to get to the smoke !!

Sky Blues

Coventry fans are all mad for this, yet Crewe as of yesterday hadn't even advertised the game on their website. Be lucky if they shift a 1000, if it was just down to interest and support we deserve to get to the smoke !!

One of their fans says the ticket offices are saying Crewe get 6,000 and they can buy walk up. It sounds like they might find that number slashed if they don't start buying soon. No wonder their ticket office thinks everyone calling up for tickets is from Cov!

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=168&fid=90&sty=2&act=1&mid=2113368852

ccfchandsy

We rarely allocate more than 1000 to away teams nowadays (I mean actual tickets - no point pritning all those tickets and then having to bin them). Teams sell them they can request more, or they just pay on the gate.

As a cup tie, this game is different in that we have to offer 15% - ie just under 5000, but I am sure they have already informed us that they don't require that.

There are still about 4000 seats left to sell once they open up block 26, and then you have blocks 12,13 & 14 which are all technically still in our end which will go on sale before they open the stand behind the goal, so I think it might be a bit longer before they open the south stand, but hope you're right.
Block 14 is sold out already as I tried to get tickets there but I managed to get two in block 15 albeit 5 rows apart

shropshirecov

Be nice if we sold all but the south stand. Then had that opened up for pay in the day, a big walk up and a lock out! Back to the old days, remember Swindon being a lock out years ago

jassie78

Thats excellent news! I just seen it on twitter as well. Surely we will fill the ground (34000) for this game? Can't wait the ground will be buzzing and they will get the players going.

Steve.B50

I so want this game to be an almost sell out, might even go and buy some more tickets and give them away.

Want minimum of 25k

D

Deleted member 4439

There are still about 4000 seats left to sell once they open up block 26, and then you have blocks 12,13 & 14 which are all technically still in our end which will go on sale before they open the stand behind the goal, so I think it might be a bit longer before they open the south stand...

Fewer than 900 tickets available for zones 1 and 2, so expect that block 26 will be opened up today or tomorrow.

jassie78

I remember last season in the championship we got around 25k for the Leeds game and everybody singing, great atmosphere.

Yep, your right Ricoh capacity 32,609.

So we got 12,430 tickets left until 5th of feb.

kg82

why isn't block 26 available? I assumed it had sold out. other blocks were grey too untill they relased the season tickets and they then opened back up, I'd assumed there were just no moved season ticket holders there.

I think block 26 might be the block in the corner that's covered?

skybluesam66

they will need to open up more seats soon - most tickets left are singles or JSB - I think 26 is already sold - it was certainly available earlier in the week

kg82

It was covered last season but not this season as its where I sit I've had to move over one for this game

That's a point! Just had it in my head thats why it must be. Maybe they were thinking of covering it if we didn't sell out?

skybluelee

I remember last season in the championship we got around 25k for the Leeds game and everybody singing, great atmosphere.

Yep, your right Ricoh capacity 32,609.

So we got 12,430 tickets left until 5th of feb.

There was actually 28K at that game but 6K of that were Leeds fans meaning only 22K Cov.

There is the potential for 30K City fans to be at this one. The atmosphere will be significantly better than at the Leeds match. As long as we don't go a goal down...

Users who are viewing this thread