Things that annoy you (21 Viewers)

Grendel

To be fair having to stay in a Premier Inn sounds pretty grim

ajsccfc

I've just renewed and I've gone from £220 to £340 which was the best I could find, my renewal quote was almost £500. I was hoping this was the year I'd limbo under the 200 mark as well

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Just read somewhere that insuring an electric car has gone up 72% in the last year.Would love some reporter to question the insurance industry for their comments and justification for such a rise.

shmmeee

Just read somewhere that insuring an electric car has gone up 72% in the last year.Would love some reporter to question the insurance industry for their comments and justification for such a rise.

Makes no sense. Surely as there’s more of them the cost to repair will drop not rise?

Grendel

Makes no sense. Surely as there’s more of them the cost to repair will drop not rise?

not initially no as they have a far higher probability of total write of in an accident so at the moment the higher the electric parc the greater the risk

shmmeee

not initially no as they have a far higher probability of total write of in an accident so at the moment the higher the electric parc the greater the risk

Why would that risk increase though? Or the cost to resolve it. Car prices are dropping. Unless a more mass market means the profile of drivers changed?

Grendel

Why would that risk increase though? Or the cost to resolve it. Car prices are dropping. Unless a more mass market means the profile of drivers changed?

They have a weird calculation formula and normally have extra charge for battery and cable cover which you don’t need on a combustion car . Other engine parts also are far more expensive than the normal combustion car

While those prices remain higher the general risk is greater in an accident the more cars on the road

shmmeee

They have a weird calculation formula and normally have extra charge for battery and cable cover which you don’t need on a combustion car . Other engine parts also are far more expensive than the normal combustion car

While those prices remain higher the general risk is greater in an accident the more cars on the road

But that’s what I don’t get. Each car is its own risk profile and isn’t affected by the others. Having more cars might increase the risk of events ever happening, but should equally increase the premiums coming in by the same amount and in theory should reduce costs are there’s more business for garages to skill up/parts to be made.

I get generally EV cleanup and battery accidents are more expensive, but why should it rise year or year.

Sbarcher

Mine went up 60%. When I queried it was told it was because I reached 70. Couldn’t get it cheaper anywhere else either.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I've just read that most electric car crashes occur when accelerating and these cars are responsible for 50% more accidents than regular cars ie more risk and the later being lighter they come off worst. Trying to do my own analysis it not the cost of repairing their own car(electric) that cost the extra insurance it's the one they hit.So beware if buying an electric that seems to be where to problem lies.

skybluejelly

Luton airport…so brother had parking booked for Saturday for 10 days and was due to pay £112 ..obviously car park is now closed ..they now want £1200 for 10 days parking …needless to say I am now dropping them off and picking them up

Tommo1993

Not sure I’d say whether older/younger drivers are more/less prone to mistake on the roads. I passed a couple months before my 18th birthday, Feb 2011. My insurance has only over the last couple of years started to creep down but I’m still paying £70 per month.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Not sure I’d say whether older/younger drivers are more/less prone to mistake on the roads. I passed a couple months before my 18th birthday, Feb 2011. My insurance has only over the last couple of years started to creep down but I’m still paying £70 per month.
So the best you get is £840 per year at 30. A I moan at paying around £270.

fernandopartridge

The piss poor phone signal anywhere outside of urban areas in the UK. This is not a problem in other countries I have visited.

It's no wonder the productivity is so poor, the basic utility services are wank.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

jimmyhillsfanclub

Never ending colds.

I've been full of snot, sore throat & head-ache pretty much daily since my long weekend bender after Hull Away weeks ago.

Just fuck off germs

Users who are viewing this thread