Things that annoy you (25 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Daz

The rain stopping the bricklayers building my kitchen extension.

It was on course for everything being done by Christmas but now looking touch and go. 😭
Out of interest mate would you recommend them ? I'm looking at getting a kitchen extension done in the new year

LastGarrison

Out of interest mate would you recommend them ? I'm looking at getting a kitchen extension done in the new year

I'm in a bit of a different situation as I've basically got one of my mates project managing it for me who will be fitting the bifolds, roof and doing the plastering, rendering etc. and then has subbied out the groundworks and brickwork to another mate of mine but all of them I completely trust and do a great job (all worked on my house previously).

More than happy to send you some pics and his number once it's done though?

Ian1779

People that say newspapers don’t provide informed debate about the key stories affecting society.

NorthernWisdom

The fact I want a small wooden ladder to get stuff off the top shelf of the bookcase but...

Dunelm said:
Perfect for saving space, this stylish wooden ladder is collapsible. Perfect for displaying all your bathroom essentials, towels, plants or ornaments this ladder provides ample storage for your bathroom.

Wtf?!?

Sky_Blue_Daz

I'm in a bit of a different situation as I've basically got one of my mates project managing it for me who will be fitting the bifolds, roof and doing the plastering, rendering etc. and then has subbied out the groundworks and brickwork to another mate of mine but all of them I completely trust and do a great job (all worked on my house previously).

More than happy to send you some pics and his number once it's done though?
Would appreciate that mate thanks

shmmeee

The fact I want a small wooden ladder to get stuff off the top shelf of the bookcase but...

Wtf?!?

In our defence you are on the bathroom accessories page!

Out of interest, I’m actually working on PPC ROI right now, did you get there from a Google search?

Sick Boy

In our defence you are on the bathroom accessories page!

Out of interest, I’m actually working on PPC ROI right now, did you get there from a Google search?
I doubt it was via PPC, the product page is ranking organically, it’s poor merchandising and product page optimisation. Widespread query to landing page misalignment can cause nightmares in the long-term, especially with the way things are now.

shmmeee

I doubt it was via PPC, the product page is ranking organically, it’s poor merchandising and product page optimisation. Widespread query to landing page misalignment can cause nightmares in the long-term, especially with the way things are now.

Interesting. So do you think it’s bad copy on the PDP or something else?

Sick Boy

Interesting. So do you think it’s bad copy on the PDP or something else?
I've only had a very quick look but the title tag is - Small Wooden Ladder - which is the same as the name of the product and H1 - this is misleading from a user and search engine perspective. I would look at making it clearer, something like: Decorative Wooden Ladder or Wooden Bathroom Ladder, especially as the copy talks about it being collapsible, which would be more in line with what the OP was after, and is going to get picked up and get impressions too.

It's nice that the ladder says nice things about the bathroom interior though. ;)

NorthernWisdom

I've only had a very quick look but the title tag is - Small Wooden Ladder - which is the same as the name of the product and H1 - this is misleading from a user and search engine perspective. I would look at making it clearer, something like: Decorative Wooden Ladder or Wooden Bathroom Ladder, especially as the copy talks about it being collapsible, which would be more in line with what the OP was after, and is going to get picked up and get impressions too.

It's nice that the ladder says nice things about the bathroom interior though. ;)
It's a ladder shelf really (ludicrous concept in itself - do I need to buy a sideboard to climb onto my roof?!?) so needs to make that clear somewhere!

A ladder you can't climb but keeps things on is a nonsense!

Sick Boy

It's a ladder shelf really (ludicrous concept in itself - do I need to buy a sideboard to climb onto my roof?!?) so needs to make that clear somewhere!

A ladder you can't climb but keeps things on is a nonsense!
hahaha, I agree but it actually seems to be a thing!

NorthernWisdom

Could be worse I suppose!

shmmeee

Cheers lads. I know there’s generative AI descriptions being trialled, sounds like even with hallucinations it would do better!

Sick Boy

Cheers lads. I know there’s generative AI descriptions being trialled, sounds like even with hallucinations it would do better!
Product pages usually get neglected and most of the focus goes on category pages, it’s a bit mistake the way things are going though, especially with product knowledge graphs.

shmmeee

Product pages usually get neglected and most of the focus goes on category pages, it’s a bit mistake the way things are going though, especially with product knowledge graphs.

Ooohhhh. Talk to me about product knowledge graphs. I’m about to spend my 20% time brushing up on graph DBs for customer stitching, would be a nice toy project to do products too and could tie in nicely with some personalisation stuff I’m doing.

NorthernWisdom

Does anybody start out on category pages nowadays? I might spin-off once there to see what else they have, but I'd always Google first for what I want and see who stocked something close (or not, as it happens!)

BodicoteSkyBlue

McDonald’s drive thru Banbury, was feeling a bit peckish. Ordered two cheeseburgers, get to the kiosk to pay only to be informed some anonymous,kindly fella in front has paid for my meal.
Wish I’d ordered a mcbig Mac mega meal with the go large option now!! 😃

Blind-Faith

Had to book an appointment on NHS app this morning , earliest available appointment was 10th July 2024, shocking really.

Run the NHS into the ground and try and force people into going private , money grabbing bastards.

Will have to put up with my partially deaf left ear for another 9 months 😂

Robinshio

People who go at 40-45mph regardless of the speed limit, be it 30, 50 or 60. Far more annoying than speeders who at least adjust to where they are, this lot have no clue and would probably plough straight through a class of school children without noticing.
travelling home on the m1 last night - 4 lanes in places with little traffic, but still some insisting at driving in the 3rd lane usually at around 60mph

Macca1987

Also on the M1, traffic taken down to 1 lane for bridge repairs, then the cones went on for about another 2 miles. WTF they think we are going to do, put the car in reverse and mow down the feckers

ovduk78

People who go at 40-45mph regardless of the speed limit, be it 30, 50 or 60. Far more annoying than speeders who at least adjust to where they are, this lot have no clue and would probably plough straight through a class of school children without noticing.
Followed 2 of them today and the only time they deviated from 40mph was to brake to go round corners when they really didn't need to.

OffenhamSkyBlue

I'm constantly bemused by people who steadfastly refuse to accelerate even slightly past 30mph when they are travelling on a straight road and the 30 zone is ending in 50 yards.

SkyBlueSoul

Self-service machines that are sensitive enough to think you're trying to steal something if a fly lands in the packing bit, but can't tell that I AM TAKING MY FUCKING ITEMS, STOP REPEATEDLY TELLING ME TO

Sky_Blue_Daz

There’s a women who walks her dog round our estate and let’s her dog pee on the lamppost outside our house which sets my dog off barking . But she deliberately stares in at our window while the dogs peeing

robbiekeane

Fucking 3 hour movies. Seem to be the fashion now and most of them you can cut half of it out and not miss anything. Just watched that Killers of the flower moon and fuck me

Users who are viewing this thread