Things that annoy you (29 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
I've got a Fritzl Mug that says "World's Best Dad"

Not everybody is offended by everything :)

• Haha
Reactions: vow

NorthernWisdom

Whilst I can see the point that it is bad taste, I guess I did get my Dad a book on Josef Fritzl for Father's Day one year after this accidental promotion...

article-1194118-05636508000005DC-802_468x412.jpg

Seaside-Skyblue

I don't carry cash...or very rarely anymore. So walking into a shop with a sign on the counter that says "cash only" is starting to annoy me and then the look on a shopkeepers face when I walk out as though I'm the one who's not with the times. Although I get "cash is king" in many people's eyes still, maybe it's me whos being stubborn and should adapt!

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

shmmeee

I don't carry cash...or very rarely anymore. So walking into a shop with a sign on the counter that says "cash only" is starting to annoy me and then the look on a shopkeepers face when I walk out as though I'm the one who's not with the times. Although I get "cash is king" in many people's eyes still, maybe it's me whos being stubborn and should adapt!

Nah. If you don’t accept cards in 2023 you hate money basically. And are probably dodgy as fuck anyway.

Sbarcher

Nah. If you don’t accept cards in 2023 you hate money basically. And are probably dodgy as fuck anyway.
That's what happened when the Greek economy crashed some years ago. Shops and bars all suddenly had problems with their card machines, funny that.

fatso

Bloody HS2 - now may not even be going to terminate in Central London. So you save 20 minutes on the New Street to Euston journey but then spend an hour getting in from Acton on the Elizabeth Line!
Utterly shambolic, utter waste of money, utter devastation of South Warwickshire and beyond. Utter trough-feeding too
Totally agree.

Why the fuck are we paying for this nonsense when every summer there's a hosepipe ban and threats of a drought while at the same time new houses are being built on every available plot of land.

Surely to God, if we have funds for infrastructure projects, we should be building reservoirs and investing in our own power supplies.

Nick

Administrator
Why does it take so long?
Issues with British gas and Western power arguing who's job things are.

Don't mind it quite so much as if I'm on my own at home I'll sit in the cold too lazy to go to the shop. Money saver.

skybluejelly

A postage stamp is legal tender - a bus driver would have to accept that as currency.

That’s an old wives tale..only courts have to accept legal tender .. any business can refuse to take cash if they want to .. it’s up to the individual what they accept for payment

fernandopartridge

TBF to the shops it is up to them, the charges levied by the card companies are excessive so I can understand why they might go cash only

Users who are viewing this thread