Tim Fisher (1 Viewer)

oucho

I dread to think what this could be. Not another administration????

georgehudson

i fear worse, i'm sure i heard Eakin read a text late on fri, when he said something to the effect that the CCFC owners otium entertainments at close of trading, were many millions in the red & the FA /FL would treat this as insolvency, i sincerely hope this is not what i fear

georgehudson

if TF his alledged remuneration is anywhere near the quoted 5 figure sum monthly,
then he should without hesitation repay many thousands to CCFC

dadgad

whatever TF comes across as, imho, the man is morally bankrupt,
i consider it an ethical plus to detach yourself from companies who base their success on effecting misery on thousands

THIS is WHY it was important that Owen Smith did NOT become leader of the Labour Party. :)

olderskyblue

I wonder if that's what fisher was on about when he was quoted as saying there will be an announcement in a couple of weeks that the fans won't like.

Ryton sold?
JR3 ??

Captain Dart

i fear worse, i'm sure i heard Eakin read a text late on fri, when he said something to the effect that the CCFC owners otium entertainments at close of trading, were many millions in the red & the FA /FL would treat this as insolvency, i sincerely hope this is not what i fear

The FL require mid-season budget updates for SCMP purposes don't they.

letsallsingtogether

No I agree - then again I think wasps fans would be running the gauntlet as well rather than have a red carpet rolled out, I don't think Leeds council house would have a window left intact and I don't think their forum posters would have doffed their caps to a certain odious little man who used to post on here.
But whete are you all so we can do these things.
Not much 4 of us can do.

Warwickhunt

If they do treat it as insolvency then it's another automatic 10 point deduction. Irrelevant if CCFC are maintaining and working within their budget. If I was TF I would be working on which clubs are exceeding the 60% and get ready to use that against the FL cos I think we are going to need a bloody good smoke screen

better days

There is speculation that money is so short that TM couldn't pick the starting 11 he wanted. Some players have contracts where their pay is based on starting games or coming on before a particular time.
Andy Turner reported that Tony seemed very downbeat after the Gillingham defeat which may have been the first time he had that restriction imposed. Chris Anderson had left just before that game. TM resigned after the AFC Wimbledon game a few days later. It may be that Tony had decided to go before then but being the man he is wanted to say goodbye to the players after what he hoped would be a winning performance

Nick

Administrator
Which starting 11 couldn't he pick that he wanted? Venus then picked a different 11, so I am not sure which players are restricted.

TM was always downbeat wasn't he? Maybe he has been restricted since Christmas?

martcov

Which starting 11 couldn't he pick that he wanted? Venus then picked a different 11, so I am not sure which players are restricted.

TM was always downbeat wasn't he? Maybe he has been restricted since Christmas?

Now he has gone without compensation, CA has gone without compensation and, if, MV is managing without extra wages....., and the Ops Director is yet to be appointed..... there should be more money available to pay players...

oucho

There might be no bad news. Perhaps Tim is just lashing out and talking rubbish, it would not be the first time.

Frankley

some fans were talking to fisher at the train station after the game yesterday, apparantley they'll be an announcement in the next couple of weeks that the fans won't like.....nothing new there then ?

There's already been a lot of speculation as to what the news might be, or if there is any news at all. Here's yet another idea...

The CT is running it's petition and campaign and the club hasn't really responded to this (other than by banning the newspaper from Ryton). I think a response from the club is long overdue and I wonder if that is what TF was referring to. If there is an announcement that the club isn't for sale it will be something the fans won't like.

bawtryneal

Still not sure why Venus would be so keen to do it if TM's hands were so tied?

Maybe it is necessity, maybe he has always wanted to be a manager, maybe Steve Evans is not available until December 1st because he is still being paid by Leeds

There could be all sorts of scenarios.

Maybe they really are interviewing and a new manager will be in place by next weekend. Time will tell !!!

Captain Dart

There's already been a lot of speculation as to what the news might be, or if there is any news at all. Here's yet another idea...

The CT is running it's petition and campaign and the club hasn't really responded to this (other than by banning the newspaper from Ryton). I think a response from the club is long overdue and I wonder if that is what TF was referring to. If there is an announcement that the club isn't for sale it will be something the fans won't like.

You are wrong, that is not what it will be and after all that is exactly the same as the last statement SSU made about the clubs availability for sale.

The realistic possibilities I can think of are..
1) Administration.
2) Ryton to be disposed of (ie sold) by Arvo, the club has to leave.
3) Academy to close when Higgs contract ends.
4) Pre contract with another club signed by one of the players the fans would like to keep.

Frankley

You are wrong, that is not what it will be and after all that is exactly the same as the last statement SSU made about the clubs availability for sale.

The realistic possibilities I can think of are..
1) Administration.
2) Ryton to be disposed of (ie sold) by Arvo, the club has to leave.
3) Academy to close when Higgs contract ends.
4) Pre contract with another club signed by one of the players the fans would like to keep.

Unless you are privy to some secret information you can't know I'm wrong and it's pretty arrogant of you to say I am.

Captain Dart

Unless you are privy to some secret information you can't know I'm wrong and it's pretty arrogant of you to say I am.

I am entitled to express my opinion. We will see won't we.

Captain Dart

Frankley

Ditto. LOL

One of your many problems is that you appear to be illiterate. If you want to claim something is your 'opinion' you need to make this clear instead of making claims of 'fact'.

For example:

- I could say, "you're an arse", which would be a claim of fact, or

- I could say "I think you're an arse", which would be my opinion.

However, in this case both statements are true.

Captain Dart

@Frankley Do you need a little anger management counselling?

PS FYI an illiterate person can't read or write.. whoops looks like I can.

Last edited:

Captain Dart

Why would the club go into admin?

Have you any reason to believe the club is solvent? My reasoning is taken from published accounts below the last 4 financial years...
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-fc-accounts-show-10970959
The accounts show an annual operating loss of £1.9million which has decreased from a £4.4m operating loss in the previous financial year.
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-fc-accounts-seven-8781235
The club lost less money playing at Sixfields (operating loss of £6.87m) than it did the season before at the Ricoh Arena (operating loss of £6.93m).

Users who are viewing this thread