Tim Fisher (4 Viewers)

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Despite having major reservations about the sanity of dipping back into the happy, happy fun land of SBT...here we go...

I was one of a few fans – London Supporters Club members – who got the train back to London and yes, TF was there and came and sat with us all the way back. I think that the person who is the source of this 'the fans won't like this' rumour was from some others who he'd spoken to on the platform a bit earlier.

Anyhow, it's nothing too scurrilous or major TBH. Just a reiteration of the business model that we have: costs can't exceed revenues & ours is a bit rubbish because we don't have access to the normal non-ticketing income. (Aside from merch, sponsorship & minor commercial.)

There's more but I'm sure nobody's really interested ;-)
So absolutely nothing to do with crowds going down to 8000 then?

Astute

Knowing TF's sense of humour, that sounds genuine. But what he meant by what the fans won't like is the business model thing – we have to live within our means & all that.
We were living within our means last season. Then they moved the goalposts. They also said that TM would get 60% of all transfer money received. They went back on that as well.

Living within our means means whatever they want it to.

cov soul

Our club is being dismantled before our very eyes, this cretinous c**t is at the very least
Involved and partly responsible, but your worried about people calling him names.
How about stop worrying about their feelings, give yourself a good slap, and wake up to
The reality that when they eventually snuff our club out, they will walk away and not give
You or anyone else here a second thought.
He and Seppala are disgusting individuals, I hold them in utter contempt, and if you have
Feelings for this club, maybe you should to.
well said

Warwickhunt

In the past they've only done that if the parent company only owns the football club, ie: it isn't a legitimate company in its own right just a holding company.
Thanks chiefdave is was concerned we would fall into the Leicester City loophole that the football league plugged

Rob S

Are you a spokesperson for Tim Fisher?.

Haha! No. Not a job I'd be remotely interested in :)
I've got to know over the last few years, initially though having a few meetings when I was helping out with the Get Cov Back to the Ricoh campaign and since, just from meeting up now & again when travelling to &/or from games via London. I'm a season ticket holder who lives in Brighton now so there's a regular bunch of us from the London Supporters Club who travel home & away and he'll always join for a chat and a drink if he's around.

And you can see from a few of the other comments in this thread, we're not getting any exclusive access. He'll happily chat with any Cov fan who isn't too abusive. And he seems to prefer talking to the ones who will challenge him and get him to explain himself. (Just don't expect him to agree with every tinfoil hat theory and explanation that you've grabbed off the InterWebs.)

There is no believable communication from the owners, don't you agree this is an appalling and unacceptable state of affairs.

Well, this was a man topic of conversation with him on Sat and he does understand it seems and agreed that more needed to be done. There is an issue with the amount of stuff that is going on at the moment and how easy it is to keep on top of it with the limited staff resources etc.

Losing TM & CA, league position, the academy, new stadium, Ryton/Rugby Town Plan, getting a new Ops Director and of course the hornets nest whipped up by the petition / sell the club and more is a lot to deal with & would be even for a big club with the media resources behind it.

As for believability, if there's one thing that this whole sorry saga has reminded me is that people will believe what fits in with their own world view rather than look deeper into anything that challenges it.

Ultimately, if people want #SISUOUT, they've got to engineer their exit strategy. At the moment, as with previous attempts, it just seems to be protest with the hope that somebody else will buy or they'll give up and go. Who's buying? Why on earth would Joy Seppala (or any other businessperson) just hand the club over after having gone this far? Anyone got, and I'm guessing here, £15–25m to chuck in to a club with not-a-lot?

It might not be what people want to hear but if you are going to deal with business people you have to at least try and think like them and understand how they will play their hand.

At the moment, the club is nearly sustainable after years & years of loss-making. Now all they need is a stadium, or at least a secure asset like that, to be in a realistic position to actually fuck off. If that doesn't happen, they keep things ticking over until something does.

Of course, if they'd got the Ricoh they'd be gone, or at least on their way out and potential legitimate, alternative owners would actually be interested or even in charge. Unfortunately, back then, too many people wanted them gone and gone with nothing so here they still are. Yay.

Meanwhile, Wasps have the council & the CT rolling out the red carpet despite being up to their noses in debt and paying, IIRC, £2m+ pa to service the bond. At least they got a nice punt going on the Allard Way land which they'll be able to sell on to a developer before too long. Pity about the value of their stadium & getting a decent renewal/new stadium sponsorship. It'll be interesting to see their next accounts...

Hmmm...I was wondering about the timing of the CT's petition splash. Or is that just me being cynical..?

stupot07

Whilst I think your point could be correct Wingy, your maths is a little off. If our budget is £1-2m and this is 60% of turnover, then our turnover bracket is £1.66-3.33m, not £3-5m.

WM
I think he means £2.1m not £2-1m, that would make turnover £3.5m, if the wage bill is 60% our turnover.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Kingokings204

I've got to know over the last few years, initially though having a few meetings when I was helping out with the Get Cov Back to the Ricoh campaign and since, just from meeting up now & again when travelling to &/or from games via London. I'm a season ticket holder who lives in Brighton now so there's a regular bunch of us from the London Supporters Club who travel home & away and he'll always join for a chat and a drink if he's around.

And you can see from a few of the other comments in this thread, we're not getting any exclusive access. He'll happily chat with any Cov fan who isn't too abusive. And he seems to prefer talking to the ones who will challenge him and get him to explain himself. (Just don't expect him to agree with every tinfoil hat theory and explanation that you've grabbed off the InterWebs.)

Well, this was a man topic of conversation with him on Sat and he does understand it seems and agreed that more needed to be done. There is an issue with the amount of stuff that is going on at the moment and how easy it is to keep on top of it with the limited staff resources etc.

Losing TM & CA, league position, the academy, new stadium, Ryton/Rugby Town Plan, getting a new Ops Director and of course the hornets nest whipped up by the petition / sell the club and more is a lot to deal with & would be even for a big club with the media resources behind it.

As for believability, if there's one thing that this whole sorry saga has reminded me is that people will believe what fits in with their own world view rather than look deeper into anything that challenges it.

Ultimately, if people want #SISUOUT, they've got to engineer their exit strategy. At the moment, as with previous attempts, it just seems to be protest with the hope that somebody else will buy or they'll give up and go. Who's buying? Why on earth would Joy Seppala (or any other businessperson) just hand the club over after having gone this far? Anyone got, and I'm guessing here, £15–25m to chuck in to a club with not-a-lot?

It might not be what people want to hear but if you are going to deal with business people you have to at least try and think like them and understand how they will play their hand.

At the moment, the club is nearly sustainable after years & years of loss-making. Now all they need is a stadium, or at least a secure asset like that, to be in a realistic position to actually fuck off. If that doesn't happen, they keep things ticking over until something does.

Of course, if they'd got the Ricoh they'd be gone, or at least on their way out and potential legitimate, alternative owners would actually be interested or even in charge. Unfortunately, back then, too many people wanted them gone and gone with nothing so here they still are. Yay.

Meanwhile, Wasps have the council & the CT rolling out the red carpet despite being up to their noses in debt and paying, IIRC, £2m+ pa to service the bond. At least they got a nice punt going on the Allard Way land which they'll be able to sell on to a developer before too long. Pity about the value of their stadium & getting a decent renewal/new stadium sponsorship. It'll be interesting to see their next accounts...

Hmmm...I was wondering about the timing of the CT's petition splash. Or is that just me being cynical..?

thanks Rob. So how do we get rid of sisu and I assume fisher isn't part of sisu?

Also why do you think Ct have ramped it up with petitions and legends against them etc? What's going on?

Rob S

Not that I could possibly condone such action but why didn't somebody twat him ?

Er, getting dragged off to court, possible loss of job, bad publicity for Cov fans in general, possible banning order from grounds...and not getting any more chances to put your point over in the future? ;)

skybluetony176

Rob. You're probably better positioned than anyone else to answer this. Why did they never table a bid for ACL as a means to bring us back from Northampton?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

What the hell are you talking about there are real business people out there who haven't got a clue about how these people think and us mere fans have to think like them? Are you for real?
You don't come on here for ages then spout a party political broadcast.
For your information I don't care if wasps can or can't afford to service their debt hopefully they can't but to bring them into it is deflecting from where we are.
Or is that me being cynical?

Rob S

So absolutely nothing to do with crowds going down to 8000 then?
Well, if we've less tickets sold, there's less money to spend to it goes hand-in-hand. I think most people would expect crowds to rise if we can move up the league table and challenge for the playoffs but that's always the gamble at this level.

tim07

How would a purchaser reconcile a loss making football club with no ground and zero assets with a value > £15m?

Sent from my SGP611 using Tapatalk

Rob S

We were living within our means last season. Then they moved the goalposts. They also said that TM would get 60% of all transfer money received. They went back on that as well.

Living within our means means whatever they want it to.

Well, that depends on what you *think* the deal was & how the transfer income actually works. AFAIK, we're not quite at break even – maybe £1m loss compared to £12m+ a few seasons back which in itself, as far as the financial side of things goes, a big achievement – but trying to get there.

clint van damme

Well, that depends on what you *think* the deal was & how the transfer income actually works. AFAIK, we're not quite at break even – maybe £1m loss compared to £12m+ a few seasons back which in itself, as far as the financial side of things goes, a big achievement – but trying to get there.
so do you think dwindling crowds bother them? Would they be concerned by talk of a season ticket boycott next season?

Rob S

What the hell are you talking about there are real business people out there who haven't got a clue about how these people think and us mere fans have to think like them? Are you for real?
You don't come on here for ages then spout a party political broadcast.
For your information I don't care if wasps can or can't afford to service their debt hopefully they can't but to bring them into it is deflecting from where we are.
Or is that me being cynical?

Heh...you wonder why I haven't been here for the past couple of years?!?

What I mean is, to put it in more brutal, Sun Tzu-esque terms, if you want to defeat an enemy you need to think like them.

As for the party political broadcast, it's probably only for the 'Things BHSB Doesn't Want to Hear/Listen to Party' :woot:

oucho

Despite having major reservations about the sanity of dipping back into the happy, happy fun land of SBT...here we go...

I was one of a few fans – London Supporters Club members – who got the train back to London and yes, TF was there and came and sat with us all the way back. I think that the person who is the source of this 'the fans won't like this' rumour was from some others who he'd spoken to on the platform a bit earlier.

Anyhow, it's nothing too scurrilous or major TBH. Just a reiteration of the business model that we have: costs can't exceed revenues & ours is a bit rubbish because we don't have access to the normal non-ticketing income. (Aside from merch, sponsorship & minor commercial.)

There's more but I'm sure nobody's really interested ;-)

Did you refer him to the concerns about lack of anyone from the club actually talking to the fans and acknowledging the recent goings on, rather than burying their heads in the sand?

tim07

If Joyless wants someone to cover £15m of her personal losses then she's clearly facing disappointment.
The closer we are to acknowledging that our future lies in a phoenix club with a clean slate, the quicker we bring SISU to the endgame.
STARVE THEM OUT

skybluetony176

What I mean is, to put it in more brutal, Sun Tzu-esque terms, if you want to defeat an enemy you need to think like them.

As for the party political broadcast, it's probably only for the 'Things BHSB Doesn't Want to Hear/Listen to Party' :woot:

The enemy we know seems hell-bent on destroying this football club. I'm not for thinking like that myself but it sounds like (based on what you're saying) that a boycott of home games and other revenue generating incomes is what's called for. That's pretty much fighting fire with fire.

Rob S

thanks Rob. So how do we get rid of sisu and I assume fisher isn't part of sisu?

Well, as I said in another reply, if you want to get rid of them, they need something to sell. Total guess but even if they only had planning and a new stadium project ready to go they *could* think about selling...but more than likely wait until it's built and the club re-established. I've actually wondered if they'd entertain a 51% buyout...might help with the local council opposition and still give the chance for some return.

Also why do you think Ct have ramped it up with petitions and legends against them etc? What's going on?

Loads of reasons really. Putting pressure on the club re: longer term stadium deal, getting clicks for the website (very important part of Trinity Mirror's business model these days and the CT always get lots of visits when CCFC are being talked about), book publicity (!) and being bottom of the league. And let's face it, people are pissed off and it was only the relative success we had last season that delayed this opportunity.

covmark

If Joyless wants someone to cover £15m of her personal losses then she's clearly facing disappointment.
The closer we are to acknowledging that our future lies in a phoenix club with a clean slate, the quicker we bring SISU to the endgame.
STARVE THEM OUT

Why would any fan want their club to be liquidated, just so another one can be set up in the lower reaches of non league.
I'd suggest you just piss off and support Cov Utd.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

There you go again think like them, they're making it up as they go along so how can anybody think like them? Now if you're saying you know how they think then I bow to your superior knowledge because you're obviously as crazy as they are.
As for "own party" I at least am and have been prepared to listen to these people, but find that they see themselves as always right and won't take advice when offered. When they find they are wrong and the advice was correct they go and something else that's stupid.

Frankley

@Frankley Do you need a little anger management counselling?

PS FYI an illiterate person can't read or write.. whoops looks like I can.

I think you're the one who needs counselling, aren't you.

As for your illiteracy, you appear to demonstrate a lack of ability to understand the written word and so meet the technical definition.

Oh... and you meet the definition of a dickhead too.

clint van damme

Why would any fan want their club to be liquidated, just so another one can be set up in the lower reaches of non league.

it baffles me as well.

Rob S

How would a purchaser reconcile a loss making football club with no ground and zero assets with a value > £15m?

Exactly. That's the problem really. SISU don't have to sell if they can get things on an even keel so they can hold out for a relatively decent return rather than naff all.

clint van damme

Exactly. That's the problem really. SISU don't have to sell if they can get things on an even keel so they can hold out for a relatively decent return rather than naff all.
but how are they going to get a decent return as the clubs league position plummets the more they cut budgets?

Nick

Administrator

Have you seen tim07 mention football?

Nick

Administrator
Haven't seen him post much tbh. He's not the first to peddle the liquidation line though.

nope, it's actually quite scary really. Graeme hawley was on about it as well.

martcov

Well, as I said in another reply, if you want to get rid of them, they need something to sell. Total guess but even if they only had planning and a new stadium project ready to go they *could* think about selling...but more than likely wait until it's built and the club re-established. I've actually wondered if they'd entertain a 51% buyout...might help with the local council opposition and still give the chance for some return.

Loads of reasons really. Putting pressure on the club re: longer term stadium deal, getting clicks for the website (very important part of Trinity Mirror's business model these days and the CT always get lots of visits when CCFC are being talked about), book publicity (!) and being bottom of the league. And let's face it, people are pissed off and it was only the relative success we had last season that delayed this opportunity.

You say Joy wants a decent sale price in millions after all she ( her company ) has been through. Why? It is still not making a profit and as you say, it has no saleable assets. Do you know why on earth Tim is still there, and why does Joy think that someone would pay millions ( 15 - 20 , your guess ) for a worthless - apart from the golden share and the tradition ( brand ) company?

Where's Les on this?

Rob S

The enemy we know seems hell-bent on destroying this football club. I'm not for thinking like that myself but it sounds like (based on what you're saying) that a boycott of home games and other revenue generating incomes is what's called for. That's pretty much fighting fire with fire.

Well, for me, it hasn't just been SISU destroying the club. (But I am in no way defending their conduct or part in all this either.)

But with a boycott, fine, the club get less money. Sell players, spend less on replacements, keep plodding away. The problem is with them going is that there are three ways CCFC can go afterwards: Up, down or stay where we are. There is zero guarantee that the next lot will fare any better, especially if the club is cut to the bone even more. Remember how we ended up with SISU in the first place?

There are too many former big- & even medium-sized clubs scraping their way along the L2/National level of the pyramid with no guarantee of getting up any further. That's my worry...it can actually get worse...under SISU, or the next poor sods.

tim07

Good idea SkidMark . Shall I get you a season ticket, too?

Rob S

Did you refer him to the concerns about lack of anyone from the club actually talking to the fans and acknowledging the recent goings on, rather than burying their heads in the sand?

Pretty much, yes. As I said before, not having a CEO or Ops Director doesn't help, but the lack of communication is a major issue ATM. Kieron moving on t bigger things was a bigger loss than people thought at the time.

skybluetony176

Well, for me, it hasn't just been SISU destroying the club. (But I am in no way defending their conduct or part in all this either.)

But with a boycott, fine, the club get less money. Sell players, spend less on replacements, keep plodding away. The problem is with them going is that there are three ways CCFC can go afterwards: Up, down or stay where we are. There is zero guarantee that the next lot will fare any better, especially if the club is cut to the bone even more. Remember how we ended up with SISU in the first place?

There are too many former big- & even medium-sized clubs scraping their way along the L2/National level of the pyramid with no guarantee of getting up any further. That's my worry...it can actually get worse...under SISU, or the next poor sods.

Selling players, spending less on replacements, to keep plodding away is already happening. A boycott isn't really going to change that so I guess a boycott is thinking like them.

A change of owners in our best chance. Sticking with SISU has only one possible outcome. Do us a favour, next time you see Tim on the train remind him of the time he stated that you don't sell at the bottom of the cycle and advise him to sell before we get there. Because we ain't there yet under SISU and when we do get there I have no confidence in them (based on their track record) that they have the business acumen to take us up to the top of the cycle. Or even in that general direction.

Rob S

You say Joy wants a decent sale price in millions after all she ( her company ) has been through. Why? It is still not making a profit and as you say, it has no saleable assets. Do you know why on earth Tim is still there, and why does Joy think that someone would pay millions ( 15 - 20 , your guess ) for a worthless - apart from the golden share and the tradition ( brand ) company?

My point is that she can hold on in the hope that eventually there could be a return if the stadium / asset issue can get sorted. She would sell if someone legit came forward with a decent offer but it's her idea of decent rather than a market valuation. It's a gamble, but a safer one than most people think.

£15–25m (and that is an educated guess, but very much a guess – I have no idea what she'd entertain) might be a big loss, but £0–1m is massive, so why not hang on and see if it turns around? If Wasps go to shit or the Butts Park Arena moves forward, it's a different landscape all of a sudden.

(BTW, this is me taking a lot of what I've heard & talked about with a lot of people and making my own theory based on trying to think like a hedge fund – well, if you wan't to be accurate, hybrid fund – manager / finance person.)

Where's Les on this?

Probably having a rest after the cricket season ;)

Users who are viewing this thread