Tim Fisher (5 Viewers)

NortonSkyBlue

Going on that station and mingling with supporters was undoubtedly provocative I have to say almost deliberately. It is the right of anyone in this country to go anywhere but common sense dictates you don't do that. I suspect it won't happen again and should it I fear for his safety to be honest, other less than charming characters will be on the lookout now at away games.

As for his claim of sisu pumping millions into ccfc he is the one who has directed much of that investment into the business, which has clearly failed miserably championship club when he arrived mid-table 4th division outfit less than five years later, without a ground and parts of the business such as the Academy still in limbo
Or he wanted to go home?

Tommo72

Or he wanted to go home?

Clearly he did but as has been pointed out why put urself at risk when you know the train station is going to be crawling with Cov?

Rightly or wrongly, frustrated, alcohol fulled lads are unlikely to want to sit down over a creamed tea and scone and discuss the failures of Fisher and Sisu at 6pm on a Sat evening.

NortonSkyBlue

Clearly he did but as has been pointed out why put urself at risk when you know the train station is going to be crawling with Cov?

Rightly or wrongly, frustrated, alcohol fulled lads are unlikely to want to sit down over a creamed tea and scone and discuss the failures of Fisher and Sisu at 6pm on a Sat evening.
i get that but where were our heroes after the first two games of the season? Not a peep and as I stated I suspect nothing would have been said if we had continued winning.
Intimidating a lone man on a train platform is cowardly and yes he is an abhorrent man but does that justify such behavior?

Irish Sky Blue

Then tell me where the anti Sisu stuff went when we were unbeaten?
After the two wins at the start of the season it was mentioned by another poster that the concentration should be on supporting the team and not concerning ourselves about Sisu. I disagreed with this for the fact that others could then come back and say "well you weren't bothered about Sisu when you were winning". I have been to every game this season and at all bar 1 game there have been "Sisu Out"chants. That included the winning games against Notts County and Grimsby. A pundit on the Jim White show on Talk Sport said after one of Fisher's interviews on there said "Well the fans will soon be on side when they start winning again". I think that this is just a total lack of understanding of the situation. Sisu will get more abuse when the team is not performing but poor performances and results are just one consequence of the way that they have run this club, as you know and have stated many times yourself on here, there are a lot more.

hill83

All a bit embarrassing really.

I'm on both side with this. The abuse shouldn't have happened and is ridiculous.
But football makes me angry anyway and with a beer in me I'd have been chuckling along to it had I been there. I wouldn't have been in his face but might have had a little sing along.

I've not been for a while and time away really does make you question the anger it can generate. Is it all worth it?

Captain Dart

Captain Dart

Yes he represents SISU, but if it wasn't him, it'd be someone else.
Might as well say yes he's screwing you but if it wasn't him it would be someone else.

Nick

Administrator
After the two wins at the start of the season it was mentioned by another poster that the concentration should be on supporting the team and not concerning ourselves about Sisu. I disagreed with this for the fact that others could then come back and say "well you weren't bothered about Sisu when you were winning". I have been to every game this season and at all bar 1 game there have been "Sisu Out"chants. That included the winning games against Notts County and Grimsby. A pundit on the Jim White show on Talk Sport said after one of Fisher's interviews on there said "Well the fans will soon be on side when they start winning again". I think that this is just a total lack of understanding of the situation. Sisu will get more abuse when the team is not performing but poor performances and results are just one consequence of the way that they have run this club, as you know and have stated many times yourself on here, there are a lot more.

There is a massive lack of understanding, quite often those bursting blood vessels seem to be perfect examples. Listen to it on the phone ins, see it on social media. Shit loads of anger but when asked basic questions they don't seem to be able to discuss it properly. Also, they never really seem to discuss actual football past "its shit".

Bloke on the phone in yesterday saying people aren't angry at the players, they are just angry at SISU. It's as if it is the default thing to do even if we lose because of a basic goalkeeping error or something.

Too many are black or white and can't seem to grasp things might be different shades of grey also. Too many people pop up when things aren't going so well to try and whip things up as well ;)

Amazing that people like the trust are silent all pre season and for the first couple of wins, but our first loss and they are straight in the daily mail going on about us losing.

Mainly, it's the whole not knowing the difference between SISU and CCFC for starters and people not really wanting to know or understand it.

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

He is actually alright to have a drink with.
I have also spoke to him a few times.
Unfortunately I have never been able to work out if he believes what he says.
Or

if he knows it's rubbish but hopes he can convince you to believe it.

From the outset he has the mindset that Coventry is a smaller club than what it is. He has also never in my opinion embraced the concept of the potential that this fine club holds. He hasn't the desire to unlock that fan base that has became so disenfranchised from the club.

I often wondered if that was because he knew SISU were not prepared to go in that direction.

My own view is that the club would be better off with someone who is more of a visionary, also someone who does not naturally wind people up in negotiations. (CCC, SBT, Higgs, Wasps ect )

However despite saying all of the above I admire him for mixing with the fans. I admire him for been willing to meet fans whenever they want.

The more he interacts with fans the better and rather than threaten him, people should take the chance to express their views sensibly.

He could totally ignore and disregard the fans like many chairman do. That is far worse than what he does so in my book FairPlay to him for getting the train.
Tend to agree. He's the figurehead too. The main power lies in Joy, so it's ultimately redundant as we'd just get some other incompetent buffoon if he went, with the usual 'he speaks a lot of sense' for a few months until we realise once again that SISU just have an unnerring knack of choosing useless imbeciles to run the club.

Nick

Administrator
Anybody who has a problem with a message of 'we want SISU Out' is an absolute nutcase!

To then counter it with shit like them investing £5m this season is off the scale.

giphy.gif

hill83

Anybody who has a problem with a message of 'we want SISU Out' is an absolute nutcase!

Undoubtedly, but I wouldn't always sing it. Always try to avoid it during games as I see it as a distraction. (Probably isn't in reality though). And I've never sang it sober.

I was mainly talking about the "Tim Fisher what a wanker" song. Much more upbeat and family friendly.

Ranjit Bhurpa

Had I spotted Fisher at the station, on the train or anywhere else for that matter, I would have ignored him totally. He and SISU appear to be impervious to any form of criticism, protest or reasoned debate.
So no form of engagement from me at all, treat him with ignorance and protect my blood pressure.

clint van damme

I just said this in another thread, but how does acting like a c**t show passion? Just makes people seem like morons, and I'd rather not have fans which are like the bloke in that video.
Aggression isn't passion

I agree, but sometimes it's hard to separate the two in all the frustration. Not condoning it but I can understand it.

duffer

How anyone can defend this behaviour is beyond me. Basically this was a big bloke, with a bunch of pissed mates behind him cheering him on, threatening and humiliating another man on his own, who was just trying to catch a train.

It's bullying, plain and simple, and you know for a fact that if the numbers had been reversed then the behaviour would have been entirely different.

Defending someone facing that kind of abuse and intimidation is not the same as defending the actions of SISU, and anyone who stepped in yesterday to try to defuse this deserves massive credit in my eyes. Frankly I'm not sure I'd have been that brave, but I hope I would have been.

I don't care who you blame for the demise of the club, SISU or the Council, or ACL or the Higgs, or Richardson and McGinnity before that, no one is entitled to treat another human being like this.

And before anyone starts in on the SISU apologist rubbish, please engage brain before typing, because you're really not getting it.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Anyone who knows anything about the whole god damn sorry mess that is Coventry City will see it reflects bad on both. If I came across Fisher on the train platform would I have my say? You can bet your bottom dollar I would! Would I be shouting in his face? No. You said earlier that you seen him in the Street and said "hello"? Was it not worth asking a few questions yourself-seemed like the perfect opportunity?:emoji_thinking:
Now Fisher is an intelligent man and should really have thought better of putting his head above the parapet by mingling with fans when he knows he will not be well received.

im sure Tim would welcome any approach, as long as it's done in the right manner. But even if he did, if he gave answers to questions, he'd only be slated for what he replied with.

By no means am I sticking up for the bloke, but yesterday's station incident shows why it's almost impossible for him to win! Had the approach been made differently; had he not kept having a phone shoved in his face; had he not had several blokes shouting how much of a wanker he is, are we surprised when's we don't get much out of him?

And yes, I seen him before the match and said 'Hello'. Did I have anything in particular to ask him at that time? Not really. Nothing that could have been covered in the short time we were both in the same location!

NortonSkyBlue

I get that and can't abide what Fisher and Sisu have done to our club.
I was surprised but delighted that the vitriol was kept to a minimum at Wembley and then resumed against Charlton.
It is very clear that the protests are water off a ducks back to the owners but they need to know loud and clear that fans want them out , however is this the way to achieve anything?

Adge

im sure Tim would welcome any approach, as long as it's done in the right manner. But even if he did, if he gave answers to questions, he'd only be slated for what he replied with.

By no means am I sticking up for the bloke, but yesterday's station incident shows why it's almost impossible for him to win! Had the approach been made differently; had he not kept having a phone shoved in his face; had he not had several blokes shouting how much of a wanker he is, are we surprised when's we don't get much out of him?

And yes, I seen him before the match and said 'Hello'. Did I have anything in particular to ask him at that time? Not really. Nothing that could have been covered in the short time we were both in the same location!
Appointment with Tim Fisher needed!:emoji_grin:

Adge

As long as it's not David. Certainly don't want to see his broken bones around here again.
Na no chance of those lucrative 4 year deals being handed out anytime soon.

Users who are viewing this thread