Transfer embargo lifted. (1 Viewer)

StevieM

Just had an e-mail from the club, the tranfer embargo has been lifted leaving the club to trade as normal.
How convenient after our number one target has signed for someone else-wankers!!

As a 2012-13 Season Ticket holder we wanted you to be the first to know we are no longer under a transfer embargo. Below is the official club statement that will be released shortly.

Club Statement

The transfer embargo has been lifted on Coventry City after the club filed its accounts and they were signed off by the Football League.

Chief executive Tim Fisher said: “This is positive news for the club on many levels.

“In short, the lifting of the embargo means that the club can start to move forward with plans we have for the new season.

“We now move on. Recently, whomever I have spoken to or met, has asked the same, simple question – when is the embargo going to be lifted?

“Everyone has recognised that to move forward, we need to start trading again.

Lifting the embargo will provide a big boost for everyone at the club.

“Andy Thorn and Steve Waggott can now push on with implementing the squad plans they have worked so hard to put together in readiness for this decision.”

Last edited:

CovFan

It's like the day JFK died, everybody will remember where they were when the embargo was lifted.

torchomatic

48 hours too late for James Collins...

MatthewWallis

After 2 targets go to other clubs we get the embargo lifted, im glad it's lifted but I bet in September when we hvent signed anyone fisher will say 'we couldn't get anyone in as we had targets in place but unfortunatly they chose to go to other clubs'

kg82

Thank God for that!

Now get some frickin players in. We've list out on 2 but that's not the end of the world.

Nick

Administrator
If they knew it would be lifted, why didn't they get in touch with Collins and ask him just to give them a few more days!!

That's what I don't get.

Just get everything agreed like personal terms and say hold on 2 days and you will sign. Unless Swindon offered him a better deal anyway?

mr_monkey101

jesus fecking christ, cant anyone be happy on here ? :).... yes we lost out on two signings but that's in the past now, lets look forward and hopefully we can get a few players in

Nick

Administrator
I am happy :) I look forward to the first couple of signings. If Thorn has them lined up should we be expecting them to sign soon? :)

Sick Boy

That's what I don't get.

Just get everything agreed like personal terms and say hold on 2 days and you will sign. Unless Swindon offered him a better deal anyway?

Maybe he didn't actually have any intention of signing?

A choice between working for Thorn or Di Canio? Not exactly a hard choice, is it?

covcity4life

halleluljahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

james collins may end up being a big loss but lets hope we sign at least 4 new players now, ideally 6 plus!

Grendel

Jimmy Hill's Chin

Well that's earlier than I and many others expected. Now lets see some action in the transfer market. If our owners are prepared to get at least 6-8 new players on board who aren't teenagers or hopeless cast-offs and can keep some of our better players, I might be willing to give them a second chance but it's still a very big if.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
what happens now on players will be interesting and tell us quite a bit

Will be interesting to see what the accounts say when they become available

Also accounts filed, embargo lifted, all without a deal being finalised on the shares in ACL etc .......... now there is a surprise:thinking about: (not) ......... when apparently everything depended on that.

Users who are viewing this thread