Transfer embargo lifted. (1 Viewer)

valiant15

With sisu yes,has everyone forgotten about last close season and now kissing there asses cos the embargo has been lifted?

Grendel

With sisu yes,has everyone forgotten about last close season and now kissing there asses cos the embargo has been lifted?

No one has forgotten but it is a new season. We have no alternative do we have to hope this time they get it right. Time to talk possible new signings and have a little bit of optimism.

Astute

Fcuk it we should all do a valiant and give up weeks before the start of the season

Grendel

I will never have any optimism as long as sisu are in charge.

Other than last season when the cost cutting measures were too extreme there really has been little difference in them to prior owners. The wasteful profligacy of the fletcher years was suicide and the hatchet McGinnity took to the squad and successive managers was hardly an example of excellent leadership. We have been sliding and without optimism for years. Perhaps this year may be a little different who knows?

coundonskyblue

<p>
Other than last season when the cost cutting measures were too extreme there really has been little difference in them to prior owners. The wasteful profligacy of the fletcher years was suicide and the hatchet McGinnity took to the squad and successive managers was hardly an example of excellent leadership. We have been sliding and without optimism for years. Perhaps this year may be a little different who knows?

People complain about mcginnity & I can understand their reasons.

Just remember though he took on a club with debts of £60m, introduced cost cutting measures and got that debt down by about £40m.

Sisu introduced far more severe cost cutting measures than mcginnity yet managed to reduce the debt by 0.

I didn't like mcginnity at the time, and its clear he knew nothing about football, but as a Businessman he could teach sisu a lot.

Otis

Like where the button is for the secret drinks cabinet behind the book case in the boardroom?

Grendel

Like where the button is for the secret drinks cabinet behind the book case in the boardroom?

Which may explain his decision to bullet the only 2 decent managerial prospects we had in this league.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
<p>

People complain about mcginnity & I can understand their reasons.

Just remember though he took on a club with debts of £60m, introduced cost cutting measures and got that debt down by about £40m.

Sisu introduced far more severe cost cutting measures than mcginnity yet managed to reduce the debt by 0.

I didn't like mcginnity at the time, and its clear he knew nothing about football, but as a Businessman he could teach sisu a lot.

Sorry but McGinnity was appointed 16/03/94 when the CCFC Holdings Group had net assets at £1.3m he left 10/01/08 when the CCFC Holdings Group had net liabilities of £43m. Hardly a ringing endorsement.

Grendel

Even under the man who 'only cares for his SISU paycheck'?

Even the clueless one want need to hide in the cellar next season BSB. That eye for talent will allow him to sign 5 or 6 players of real talent that I am sure will mean a reasonable season ahead.

If we do make that many signings I think we will at least be mid table (top 6 if he goes).

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
The clever thing for the club to do would be to put up a summary of the 2011 accounts on their website together with a bit of commentary and details of the issues as to why it has taken so long. The accounts will be available at Co House soon anyway so will be public soon.

Actually communicate, explain, reach out to the fans .......... not holding my breath on that though

grego_gee

Four days since lift-off.............
and so-far its been phut,phut,phut & phut!

so much for the big-bang theory! :pimp:

Users who are viewing this thread