Transfer embargo lifted. (2 Viewers)

SkyBlue_Bear83

This is nothing. It was a self-imposed embargo in effect. Why on earth do people now think that we are going to suddenly be signing players? We weren't under embargo last August or in January, and we didn't strengthen then either!
But we are now free to fantasize and speculate about Ibrahimovic and Ronaldo joining without the embargo to stop us.

Grendel

Was it fisher who sanctioned the sale of juke?

Don't know but that was good business in the context of our financial constraints.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
On football mananger 2012 your given 85,000 spending starting off lol id be surprised if thorn even got this much be more fart fart bang!

valiant15

Yes grendel it was great buisiness selling out top scorer for about 750k then we get relegated and we lose 3m. Your talking out of your arse.

ccfcway

Yes grendel it was great buisiness selling out top scorer for about 750k then we get relegated and we lose 3m. Your talking out of your arse.

same as those who said "if selling turner lets us bring in a striker, it will be good business"

:(

CovLis86

All the players who have been sold haven't even been close to being replaced, or invested in any manner, so it hasn't been slightly good business.
Grendel you're having a laugh.

ccfcway

he also didnt think the premiership club loaned to league one or two clubs

forgive him, think he's been in the pop today

The Reverend Skyblue

well according to AT he's had his list of players he wants to move on for some time, so now he can move, lets see what happens.

My bets are 3 loanees in. If we lose Keogh and Cranie make that 6 new loanee's

We need players in all areas, so fingers crossed some action may happen soon, but we might also see more excuses.

The Rev

Grendel

You have to look at the consequence of the action. He had a year on his contract and could ultimately have left for free. The decision enabled 2 loan signings and a permenant player to come in. If Hreideson had remained fit who knows?

Results since his departure improved. Of course keeping him as well would have been the desire but financial constraints decreed this not to be an option.

Sky Blue Jay

I'm just glad that we can now get back in the transfer market for players I was fearing that we weren't going to sign any players at all. Heres hoping that as Coventry are seen as a massive club in league one we can pull in some decent quality that wouldn't break the wage budget. England to win the euro and ccfc to win league one well a man can dream :)

sylus

why god,this board is full of deluded fools tonite.oh well,enjoy ur dreams while it lasts.

Grendel

You think people would of learned by now.

Valiant no one is saying this is problem solved but it is a step in the right direction. We will sign players and will compete well in this league.

Valiant no one is saying this is problem solved but it is a step in the right direction. We will sign players and will compete well in this league.

I agree...not sure about the word 'well' in your sentence, however.

That will depend on the quality of the signings and what the 'man with the UEFA Entry Level badges' does with the 210% BANG BANG players on the training pitch.

Based on the previous 48 games....and possibly losing some of our better players, I would side with the 'won't do well' brigade.

However, as I stated, the level of performance will depend on several factors, the most important being who we sign, and how 'The Teflon One' moulds/motivates/trains them and the tactics he employs.

Grendel

How the hell can you say we won't do well and won't sign any players? You got a crystal ball?

I think the most alarming thing is some are disappointed by this. The fact is we are in a better position than we were yesterday. A budget of some description is going to be assembled. The club is in business, we will sign some players. No one pretends it's perfect and no one is worshiping a statue of joy sepella (though I suspect valient does in his spare time) but it is a step forward. A twinkle of light at the end of a long tunnel.

I agree, Grendel.

My mate, Greg, equated it to being led to the chair on Death Row, and finding that the electrics are on the blink....but we're just waiting for the sparky to come out and fix the fault.

Greg's from Warwick, which may explain the example he gave.

Users who are viewing this thread