Transfer Embargo? (1 Viewer)

SBAndy

Late payment to HMRC apparently. Fucking hell.

junglej13

To be fair, something had to give from a cashflow perspective. In isolation this seems a sensible approach from the club in my opinion.

Nick

Administrator
The club says it’s fine! Nothing to worry about!

Wait…….is this the Wasps forum?
Can check the EFL page to see when it gets updated and hopefully just leaves reading.

More worrying when HMRC want to put us into admin for the money.

SAJ

This really isn’t a big issue.
But it does explain why we haven’t signed any free transfers and why we didn’t apply to get yesterday’s match postponed.

Nick

Administrator
But it does explain why we haven’t signed any free transfers and why we didn’t apply to get yesterday’s match postponed.
What's that got to go with getting the game postponed?

Signing which free transfers?

SBT

Everything’s fine! Financial problems don’t really affect us right now!

Wait…….this really is the Wasps forum, isn’t it.

Grendel

Everything’s fine! Financial problems don’t really affect us right now!

Wait…….this really is the Wasps forum, isn’t it.

Whose playing Shugs?

SAJ

They needed the gate money from yesterday’s fixture to pay the next instalment. Had it have been postponed and they defaulted on payment HMRC can apply for a winding up order if they want and or demand the total bill is paid now and not as per the agreement.

SAJ

EFL rules if you are under agreement with HMRC you are under a transfer embargo. This could be the reason why we didn’t go after free transfers once the window closed.

Nick

Administrator
EFL rules if you are under agreement with HMRC you are under a transfer embargo. This could be the reason why we didn’t go after free transfers once the window closed.
I'm assuming it's recent as only just added to EFL site

Samo

Nothing to see here... they spread the cost with HMRC and took the hit of the embargo because the window is closed anyway and it makes no difference.

Grendel

As soon as the HMRC issue is sorted we can then sort out playing at the CBS

Then just watch us grow

Nick

Administrator
Bet you £50 each for charity it's cleared by the end of the year ready for January?

You're both gutted it isn't more serious.

Seaside-Skyblue

If the embargo was in until end of Jan and we can't buy players does it also mean we can't sell? You can probably sense where my head's going with this

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

If the embargo was in until end of Jan and we can't buy players does it also mean we can't sell? You can probably sense where my head's going with this

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

You can still sell players under an embargo.

SBT

Bet you £50 each for charity it's cleared by the end of the year ready for January?

You're both gutted it isn't more serious.

Lol are we already at the ‘If you’re worried about our finances you’re not a true believer’ stage of the Wasps tribute act?

Nick

Administrator
Lol are we already at the ‘If you’re worried about our finances you’re not a true believer’ stage of the Wasps tribute act?
No, I said charity bet the HMRC will be sorted by the end of the year.

Are you in?

SBT

No, I said charity bet the HMRC will be sorted by the end of the year.

Are you in?

No - like most clubs in financial distress, I think we’ll find a way to bluff our way through for the time being and postpone the big battle for another day. Even Wasps managed it for a few years, after all. Having a load of online loyalists swallow the party line that everything’s ok makes it easier too!

Nick

Administrator
No - like most clubs in financial distress, I think we’ll find a way to bluff our way through for the time being and postpone the big battle for another day. Even Wasps managed it for a few years, after all. Having a load of online loyalists swallow the party line that everything’s ok makes it easier too!

So like I said, the HMRC is going to be sorted by the end of the year?

Wasps had a payment plan but failed to pay it didn't they?

Nobody has said everything is ok, they have said that this issue isn't a massive issue. You have also said it would be sorted because you flapped it from a charity bet.

SBT

So like I said, the HMRC is going to be sorted by the end of the year?

Wasps had a payment plan but failed to pay it didn't they?

Nobody has said everything is ok, they have said that this issue isn't a massive issue. You have also said it would be sorted because you flapped it from a charity bet.

Keep on puffing out your chest about an imaginary internet bet if you like, but you’ve got confused - I’ve never said the HMRC issue is going to bankrupt the club. My point is that keyboard warriors like yourself are rushing to downplay it based on nothing more than a club statement, straight out of the Wasps fan playbook.

Users who are viewing this thread