Transfer Embargo? (1 Viewer)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
So long as ccfc stick to the plan there should not be a problem. We cant sign players anyway just now unless they have no current contract and would not be fit enough in any case. It isnt great PR though. You have to wonder why the owners could not have avoided this that is a serious concern for me. What other creditors are not being met on time ? At least it is out in the open promptly

Unlike wasps though who were under embargo and no one knew until the coach said it had been cleared in a press interview and they could now sign players. Then the ceo blamed hmrc for calling it in as a reason why wasps were in this mess. HMRC only call it in if the terms are not met including keeping current liabilities not in the agreement up to date as well- its a standard term.

Too much clueless gloating by both sets of fans and failing to see what is staring them in the face.

Last edited:

robbiethemole

So long as ccfc stick to the plan there should not be a problem. We cant sign players anyway just now unless they have no current contract and would not be fit enough in any case. It isnt great PR though. You have to wonder why the owners could not have avoided this that is a serious concern for me. What other creditors are not being met on time ? At least it is out in the open promptly

Unlike wasps though who were under embargo and no one knew until the coach said it had been cleared in a press interview and they could now sign players. Then the ceo blamed hmrc for calling it in as a reason why wasps were in this mess. HMRC only call it in if the terms are not met including keeping current liabilities not in the agreement up to date as well- its a standard term.

Too much clueless gloating by both sets of fans and failing to see what is staring them in the face.

halfway through a 6 month repayment plan, another non-story to top-up all the shit being spouted again.

The Philosopher

Throwing out some alternative angles here:

Googled CCFC wage bill and got two answers: 3.8m and 4.8m (gross)

Edit:
(People on here say £17m - maybe they are right)

Out comes the fag packet, not all of the wage bill is players, some is for “normal” staff so free pay, NI thresholds etc.

What would the 4 gates have netted? 19000 ave, 13000 ST. 6000 etc. 24000 missed ticket sales

Anyway. £500k maybe so I can see why CCFC cash flow has gone wrong.

Just goes to show how important a live TV game or decent cup opponent is.

Also, it shows just how much of an impact that missing the first few matched has had.

————-

IF ACL is sold on to a third party, do CCFC have in place a claim scenario which will be attached to whatever sale?

It’s always good to look at what’s being said and when and possibly why.

-£20m dilapidations
-CCFC forced transfer embargo
-(Long shot) had to fire sale a £5m player for 1.4 to sort pitch out to play matches
-cost to rent Walsall, lost revenue etc. (why go for somewhere that holds less than the ST sales.

(I’m reaching) but smart SISU tactics would be to file a heap of legal claims tomorrow - some valid and winnable (pitch) some less winnable (lost revenue and having to refund tickets) and some total flyers (if we get relegated it’s ACL’s fault and it will cost 20m, so here’s a legal notice).

Why do this?

Well, if ACL is sitting on a £35m debt to Bondholders, whatever to HMRC and other creditors (I’ve no idea, £5m?) plus the liquidators fees (plenty) then the cost of getting the ACL Ltd as a going concern with the lease in tact (important this) is going to be £40-£45m minimum.

If the price tag is £40-£45m “and by the way SISU (who have a record of being a pain in the a*** with Legals) have chucked a load of intents down for £1m to £20m, some of the claims valid and so get ready to inherit a load of legal action and headaches”. “plus they might chip off and you’ll be stuck with an arena that can only be used for sport but they can break their lease because as a going concern ACL defaulted”.

“Oh and by the way there’s talk of £20m in repairs”

That £45m price tag becomes £45m plus another maybe £20m plus whatever CCFC do. Plus maybe a round of bondholder dividends due. £2m?

Not sure many people will want to pay up to £80m for the arena, particularly knowing that there’s no certainty on having a rentpaying tenant (Wasps in champ can’t afford)

As I said earlier, what is said, when, why. MR going on about Arena and club. Now the transfer embargo. Plus the FL wanting assurances from CCC. Being very public about being skint. It’s pressure by extension.

£35-£80m?

Uncertain income?
Financing won’t be cheap - uncertain interest rates and as we know banks won’t back uncertainty.

I’m again just guessing:

If ACL is sold as a going concern pre administration tomorrow morning - then CCC can’t do anything. (Doubt it)

If ACL goes to Admin and lease is sold then it’s not plain sailing. Going into administration doesn’t suddenly mean all debt disappears and with encumbrances on the main asset (lease) then it’ll be very expensive. As a side point it maybe none of CCC’s business and they can’t get involved. A

If ACL goes into liquidation then it’s going to be most interesting. Will the lease revert?

I still say SISU have been quiet on one aspect but noisy on the other - creating uncertainty to any potential rival bidders. They have a strong hand.

Have they learnt how to play it? Last time they didn’t.

Last edited:

Grendel

Out comes the fag packet, not all of the wage bill is players, some is for “normal” staff so free pay, NI thresholds etc.

Wage bill (ie cash out) £300k, PAYE/NI liability £150k per month?

What would the 4 gates have netted? 19000 ave, 13000 ST. 6000 etc. 24000 missed ticket sales

Also, it shows just how much of an impact that missing the first few matched has had.

————-

IF ACL is sold on to a third party, do CCFC have in place a claim scenario which will be attached to whatever sale?

-£20m dilapidations
-(Long shot) had to fire sale a £5m player for 1.4 to sort pitch out to play matches
-cost to rent Walsall, lost revenue etc. (why go for somewhere that holds less than the ST sales.

(I’m reaching) but smart SISU tactics would be to file a heap of legal claims tomorrow - some valid and winnable (pitch) some less winnable (lost revenue and having to refund tickets) and some total flyers (if we get relegated it’s ACL’s fault and it will cost 20m, so here’s a legal notice).

Why do this?

Well, if ACL is sitting on a £35m debt to Bondholders, whatever to HMRC and other creditors (I’ve no idea, £5m?) plus the liquidators fees (plenty) then the cost of getting the ACL Ltd as a going concern with the lease in tact (important this) is going to be £40-£45m minimum.

If the price tag is £40-£45m “and by the way SISU (who have a record of being a pain in the a*** with Legals) have chucked a load of intents down for £1m to £20m, some of the claims valid and so get ready to inherit a load of legal action and headaches”. “plus they might chip off and you’ll be stuck with an arena that can only be used for sport but they can break their lease because as a going concern ACL defaulted”.

That £45m price tag becomes £45m plus another maybe £20m plus whatever CCFC do. Plus maybe a round of bondholder dividends due. £2m?

Not sure many people will want to pay up to £80m for the arena, particularly knowing that there’s no certainty on having a rentpaying tenant (Wasps in champ can’t afford)

As I said earlier, what is said, when, why. MR going on about Arena and club. Now the transfer embargo. Plus the FL wanting assurances from CCC. Being very public about being skint. It’s pressure by extension.

£35-£80m?

Uncertain income?
Financing won’t be cheap - uncertain interest rates and as we know banks won’t back uncertainty.

I’m again just guessing:

If ACL is sold as a going concern pre administration tomorrow morning - then CCC can’t do anything. (Doubt it)

If ACL goes to Admin and lease is sold then it’s not plain sailing. Going into administration doesn’t suddenly mean all debt disappears and with encumbrances on the main asset (lease) then it’ll be very expensive. As a side point it maybe none of CCC’s business and they can’t get involved. A

If ACL goes into liquidation then it’s going to be most interesting. Will the lease revert?

I still say SISU have been quiet on one aspect but noisy on the other - creating uncertainty to any potential rival bidders. They have a strong hand.

our wage bill is around £17 million so couldn’t be bothered after that

Brighton Sky Blue

They apparently in the summer put in some money in the region of £4.5-5 mill to cover last season’s losses, then said that was the lot, no more. So anything else unexpected or short term is a ‘no’.

Briles

They apparently in the summer put in some money in the region of £4.5-5 mill to cover last season’s losses, then said that was the lot, no more. So anything else unexpected or short term is a ‘no’.

Oh boo fucking hoo. Don't wanna lose money? Don't buy a football team. They have short memories

Greggs

Oh boo fucking hoo. Don't wanna lose money? Don't buy a football team. They have short memories
If you'd invested money and saw the value of it constantly decreasing, would you throw more money at it?

Briles

If you'd invested money and saw the value of it constantly decreasing, would you throw more money at it?

I wouldn't have bought a football team without a float tbh. If you can't service debt you're in the wrong game

Greggs

As an aside, looks like Sky Blue Believer was Dom Hyam.

Look at his Twitter feed.

Space before a comma.

Ie

Most people:

“As an aside, looks like…”

Dom Hyam and SBB:

“As an aside , looks like…”

I always wondered why we don’t get ITK info anymore.
What the fuck is an aside , ?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

When pre-season seemed to be going well, as a Cov fan i had this feeling there was something just round the corner to piss on our chips. And boy is it pissing like a horse!

-Pitch fucked by rugby so we have to postpone games, giving us cashflow issues and reducing revenue for games being rearranged in midweek.
-O'Hare getting injury right on the eve of the season so we can neither play him or sell him to improve the team and cover costs.
- Supposedly having to fund the pitch improvement to get games on, again leading to short-term cash problems.
- Queen die so another home game cancelled and losing revenue.
- Cashflow problems resulting in the sale of a decent Championship defender for peanuts.
- Cashflow also putting us under a transfer embargo for not paying tax bill on time
- A bug going through the squad for a very winnable game.
- Wasps/ACL problems which may once again se us moving and badly affect our revenues.

At least with the embargo we should be free by the jan transfer window (though is frustrating if we had some free agents lined up) but it's been a neverending torrent of shit so far this season

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director

Edit:
(People on here say £17m - maybe they are right)

————-

-£20m dilapidations

Why do this?

£35-£80m?

Uncertain income?

I’m again just guessing:

Just a few bullet points

Wages costs 2021 financials 13.4m

The club lost cash flow for a period not permanently so any claim if there was one would be offset by the income when match played. Not only that they will have received some of the income anyway.

Any purchaser of acl would have caveats against claims against wasps

How smart is it to alienate acl who ccfc and sisu appear to have built relationships

No one has quantified these so called urgent dilapidation so why is it 20m. Any pur have price would reflect that in any case. If the ground was in such bad condition why are all areas still open and a safety certificate in place.

Any claims would reduce what any purchaser of acl would pay not add to it

No liquidation fees if sold as a going concern. No administration fees unless go into administration

Administration or liquidation fixes debts and claims

Most of the acl Income does not come from sport

Could take months to sort out lease in liquidation and plenty of legals.

Etc etc

Sorry I just dont follow your analysis

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director

Space before a comma.

Ie

Most people:

Dom Hyam and SBB:

Bit like your opening sentence then 🤔

The Philosopher

Just a few bullet points

The club lost cash flow for a period not permanently so any claim if there was one would be offset by the income when match played. Not only that they will have received some of the income anyway.

How smart is it to alienate acl who ccfc and sisu appear to have built relationships

No one has quantified these so called urgent dilapidation so why is it 20m. Any pur have price would reflect that in any case. If the ground was in such bad condition why are all areas still open and a safety certificate in place.

No liquidation fees if sold as a going concern. No administration fees unless go into administration

Etc etc

Just a few bullet points

SO WE WILL GET THE SAME GATE RECEIPTS AT WALSALL?

REALLY?

WHY WOULD THEY? NOT FOLLOWING YOUR ABSOLUTION ON THIS ONE

ACL AT THAT POINT (IE FOLLOWING YOUR POINT THAT ACL IS SOLD) IT WILL NOT NECESSARILY HAVE THE SAME CONTROLLING MINDS (PEOPLE WHO CREATED THE RELATIONSHIP). IMO ACL HAVE CAUSED US MAJOR PROBLEMS SO IF THE CCFC/ ACL RELATIONSHIP CONTINUES IT’S ACL WHO NEED TO BRING THE FLOWERS, NO?

THE POINT IS THAT THE FIGURE REQUIRED / POTENTIAL LIABILITY GOES UP. THE OVERARCHING POINT BEING IT A TACTICAL PLAY. INVESTORS DON’T LIKE POTENTIAL EXTRA LIABILITIES.

ADDS TO POTENTIAL COST RISK, NO?

OBVIOUSLY, YOUR POINT?

THAT’S A SIMPLE STATEMENT - DOESN’T ALWAYS WORK LIKE THAT

NOT DIRECTLY BUT IT’D BE STUPID TO CATEGORISE IT AS JUST SPORTS FIELD RENT. THE SPORT CREATES FOOTFALL FOR A LOT OF THE OTHER REVENUE STREAMS

GREAT OBSERVATION

Etc etc

THE POINT WAS ABOUT THE TIMING OF BROADCASTING EMBARGO SITUATION AND LOOKING AT ALTERNATIVE ANGLES AS PER THE OPENING LINE OF THE OP, NOT IN DEPTH ANALYSIS. WHAT CARDS COULD SISU THROW INTO THE BLENDER TO HAVE IMPACT ON THE SALE. WHERE HAS THIS MYSTICAL £20m DILAPIDATIONS FIGURE COME FROM AND MORE IMPORTANTLY WHY AND HOW WILL THAT IMPACT? WHAT’S THE CHESS MIVE ?

————-

It’s good to have debate and other insights and usually your analysis is good. I say that having read your posts over the years.

I think that you, like I trained as a Chartered Accountant before going into other real world business (in my case industry, then involved with commercial law, with M&A MBB etc etc).

Now I’m not as old as you, granted, but in this instance are coming across as pompous.

Take that in.

Last edited:

The Philosopher

Bit like your opening sentence then 🤔

Use Google if you don’t understand, don’t be pompous.

“The phrase “as an aside” means what you will say is indirectly related to the topic you are currently speaking about but still somewhat fits the context of your conversation. It can also indicate that you only intend what you will say for your listener or those nearest you, not an entire group or everyone around you”

SeaSeeEffCee

Space before a comma.

Ie

Most people:

Dom Hyam and SBB:

Please tell me you’re on the wind-up

Skybluedownunder

My worry is that if we play more home matches at Walsall for example, we won’t have an income there either which is the whole reason they are saying we are in this mess now.

How many fans do you honestly think will go and watch in Walsall?

Isn’t this problem just going to spiral?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

With regards to Dom Hyam being SBB?

Nope

Look for yourself.

Look at all SBB posts @Skybluebeliever

Then look at his Twitter feed. It’s rare for people to put a space before a comma.

Then see that SBB hasn’t really posted since he left.

Then, read back his posts and think of whether or not Dom Hyam would have possibly had such info.

100% yes.

Particularly insightful was SBB response to the thread “Pask is better than Hyam”. Think it hurt him.

SBB’s profile says he’s 55…

Nick

Administrator
Keep on puffing out your chest about an imaginary internet bet if you like, but you’ve got confused - I’ve never said the HMRC issue is going to bankrupt the club. My point is that keyboard warriors like yourself are rushing to downplay it based on nothing more than a club statement, straight out of the Wasps fan playbook.

I haven't down played it. I have said this issue will be sorted by the end of the year then offered a bet on it.

You have also said yourself you think it will get sorted.

You have then tried to look cool by going on about wasps play books, if it was the same then it would be saying "it will get sorted" when it clearly won't. Hence I offered a bet on it being sorted.

It isn't an imaginary bet if you back up trying to be funny because people pointed out it isn't a big of an issue as you seem to want it to be.

Nick

Administrator
With regards to Dom Hyam being SBB?

Nope

Look for yourself.

Look at all SBB posts @Skybluebeliever

Then look at his Twitter feed. It’s rare for people to put a space before a comma.

Then see that SBB hasn’t really posted since he left.

Then, read back his posts and think of whether or not Dom Hyam would have possibly had such info.

100% yes.

Particularly insightful was SBB response to the thread “Pask is better than Hyam”. Think it hurt him.
You are talking nonsense.

Probably shit like this that stops people giving info

higgs

Sky blue believer can you post to let us know you are okay and can you post at a time when Blackburn are playing so that we can rule you out as being Dom?

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

The Philosopher

You are talking nonsense.

Probably shit like this that stops people giving info
I’m really not and you know it but I understand why you’ve said that.

But I’m going to delete because some of the things he’s said might upset former teammates etc.

Users who are viewing this thread