Transfer Shouts (6 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

French Twitter thread on Green’s transfer rumours. Says he might be used as a makeweight in a deal with another French club, and that Sunderland or ourselves ‘might make a proposal’. I’d be stunned if he came to this league really

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

Really? I had heard of him but it seems St Etienne were relegated last season so now playing in Ligue 2.

Edit: extrapolating this, we have seemingly shown interest in English players plying their trade abroad previously; wonder if we’re going to see more concentration of that after the Rente debacle.
Oh yes you are right actually I had forgotten that. I remember seeing about a year ago that he was starting every week in ligue 1 and was touted as one of the best young keepers in europe so automatically assumed we wouldn’t be able to sign him. Market value of €5 million on transfermarkt same as Vik.

junglej13

A player I was told we may have had an interest in the summer (when Badlan was around) was a central midfielder Ethan Galbraith from Man United. Had been on loan Doncaster last season. Appeared to be their stand out player even though they were relegated. Strangely went to Salford on loan this season but is doing well. Think the consensus at United is they want him in the Championship on loan.

Brighton Sky Blue

I’ve seen all the rumours and talk about us going in for Paterson. Now would we really be happy about signing a player who’s at the age of 31, only played in 12 games and has 0 goal and 0 assists. He also hasn’t settled really at a club recently, seems like a massive gamble to me
On a 1.5 year deal tops, with an option in the club's favour

Brighton Sky Blue

It’s a shame that when he has done the business he’s refused to play
Well given how little money we have and how desperate we are there aren't many appealing choices full stop. So people might have to suck it up and accept that until we ever get a white knight of an owner this is how it is.

mark82

It looks like he's second choice keeper in Ligue 2. Of course we can get him

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

2 red card suspensions then not played last 4 games, so either lost his place or has had a niggle (one of those games he missed due to a back injury, other 3 on the bench, so could be that injury that's kept him out the lineup).

Brighton Sky Blue

2 red card suspensions then not played last 4 games, so either lost his place or has had a niggle (one of those games he missed due to a back injury, other 3 on the bench, so could be that injury that's kept him out the lineup).
The French rumour source said it was 'another club my friend said could be interested' was CCFC. Which also cited Sunderland who last time I checked aren't in need of a keeper.

Seemed more conjecture than reality

Happy_Martian

Why we mentioning owners. There are more players out there then Jamie Patterson. I just don’t see what the big fuss about him is

Basically, he's a Cov kid and nearly always scores against us. Other than that, I don't think he's got anything that we desperately need in his skill set (unless he can play as sweeper/GK ?).

slowpoke

Very highly rated, would be chuffed to bits with this
We need a goalkeeper if not now in the summer and after centre forwards established ones are usually the most expensive players at a club fee wise and wage wise. So picking one up cheaply I can see the reasoning but obviously a bit of a gamble.

Grendel

Bring back Jobello back from Shrews, we need bodies in no matter who they are.

hide GIF

Users who are viewing this thread