Transfer targets (19 Viewers)

no_loyalty

Colby Bishop as the additional striker? certainly done well during his career so far.

Martin180

Colby Bishop as the additional striker? certainly done well during his career so far.
Cbs No GIF by HULU

Brighton Sky Blue

If there's one position we won't be spending any more transfer fees on it's up front, the money is definitely needed at LCB and central midfield. A loan from the top flight will be quite sufficient for the 4th striker

Martin180

If there's one position we won't be spending any more transfer fees on it's up front, the money is definitely needed at LCB and central midfield. A loan from the top flight will be quite sufficient for the 4th striker
Agree it doesn’t make sense so make a permanent signing up top , a loanee plus Obikwu is sufficient

slowpoke

We do normally have four established strikers, we did last season, could do it with a loan but then there’s pressure to play him from his parent club. Be interesting to see where MR goes with this one.

Brighton Sky Blue

We do normally have four established strikers, we did last season, could do it with a loan but then there’s pressure to play him from his parent club. Be interesting to see where MR goes with this one.
We have already invested a very large sum in that position to replace Gyo, having lost Hamer we need a similar investment in the middle. If there's change left over for an up and coming 4th striker then sure, but the other positions matter more at the moment.

Martin180

It’s a weird one the loan market , last season you got the impression with Norton-Cuffy we had to play him but with Wilson-Esbrands we didnt

slowpoke

We have already invested a very large sum in that position to replace Gyo, having lost Hamer we need a similar investment in the middle. If there's change left over for an up and coming 4th striker then sure, but the other positions matter more at the moment.
Robins has 15million of the Hamer money to spend more than enough to buy quality and if he can I’m sure he will.

TomRad85

And how do we convince a Premier League prospect and his club to come to Cov and be third choice?

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk
I think people on here get a bit too hung up on what number 'choice' someone is. With a higher quality squad we'll see more rotation and more players getting good minutes off the bench.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

I think people on here get a bit too hung up on what number 'choice' someone is. With a higher quality squad we'll see more rotation and more players getting good minutes off the bench.

Perhaps, but if you have a decent '4th' striker, and at any point MR reverts to one up top, it won't be as easy to maintain a happy camp/team spirit, with 3 potentially twiddling their thumbs most weeks. A bit like having 3 decent keepers at this level. If we play 2 up top regularly, then you can just about get away with it, with rotation (plus the obvious occasional injury).

David O'Day

Aye, it's a 46 game season everyone will play a decent part

Users who are viewing this thread