Transfer targets (21 Viewers)

TomRad85

he's on really a lot more a week than other clubs will give him so not sure he really wants to leave.
I guess if you really want him off the books you make up the difference in his contract for a year, i think thats a thing that happens right? Made up figures but say we pay him 6k a week, someone else is offering him 3k a week for 2 years, we make up the difference between 3 and 6 for that first year.

Sky Blue Harry H

Wonder if Tommy Doyle is worth exploring on loan? Sheffield United obviously have Hamer now and are apparently in talks with Tom Davies.

Never really got the fuss over him - I remember seeing him in some funny 'casual' clothes, and him having long hair. that's about it.

TomRad85

So, the same question applies: How do we convince a Premier League prospect and his parent club to come to Cov on a rotational basis?

Either the prospect is so good that they would clearly be first choice, which I cant see happening given the level of investment in that area or we take a mediocre player on loan that can provide useful cover. If it is the latter, then that is all good, but I think we may as well buy said player for the greater economic benefits long term.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk
I'm really not sure its as black and white as you're making out.

Deity

I think King and Robins have identified that the big money is made through strikers and goal scoring midfielders that you own: hence why we have reinvested so much money in Wright and Simms and I expect a material midfield signing too. Developing other teams strikers works for you in the short term but doesn’t help the business model.

I think we will struggle to attract a high profile attacking loan for this very reason. We need our big investments to work and will give them every opportunity to do so.

A loan with an obligation or option to buy might be different

Grendel

On a need to know basis so you know the cretin you are talking to Grendel is on record that Kenny Jackett should be our manager….don’t laugh !!

Slowpoke - or as he’s known the SBT voice of reason

Brighton Sky Blue

I guess if you really want him off the books you make up the difference in his contract for a year, i think thats a thing that happens right? Made up figures but say we pay him 6k a week, someone else is offering him 3k a week for 2 years, we make up the difference between 3 and 6 for that first year.
Well from the myriad of people we tried and failed to get off the wage bill last year, even that won’t be easy. Best hope is a loan where someone can contribute.

Macca1987

It seems a long way for Moore to come back from if he stays, third choice to Wilson and Collins. If I was him I'd have my agent touting me around everywhere, unless he's happy to just sit there and take the wages

shmmeee

Oh well, at least we only have one obvious dud taking up wages. Pretty good compared to, well, any season in living memory.

This must be our most efficient use of wages in my lifetime. Slimmed down 18-23 bracket, virtually no dead wood, prospects loaned out. Add the fact that match day squads are now 20 so more players get used. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Moore’s contract terminated if he’s not found a club by September.

Grendel

Surely renders all of his other opinions null and void when his judgement is so far of the mark from a reasonable person.

Left Croatia now?

Grendel

Grendel

I see, so because we both expressed our surprise that anyone of sound mind would make such a statement, we must be one of the same people. Logical reasoning isn't a strength of yours, is it.

Alt accounts isn’t use

procdoc

I see, so because we both expressed our surprise that anyone of sound mind would make such a statement, we must be one of the same people. Logical reasoning isn't a strength of yours, is it.

Why are you arguing with Grendel, you’ve been registered on here a week and are picking a fight with him. At least wait a few years 😂

rexo87

Just seen a very loose rumour somewhere that we are after Domingos Quina. Wouldn't normally put it in here as it looks like it's from some random Instagram page but I'm bored so here you are

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread