Transfer targets (13 Viewers)

David O'Day

Only position we have strengthened without question is full back/wing back.

Dasilva for me is better than Bidwell and MVE is as good as Norton Cuffy but he's our own player so that's a positive.

Centre back quality has gone down but at least we own a few now opposed to loans, I suppose that's the trade off we take as Doyle and McNally would be out of our price range.

Midfield is significantly weaker, attacking midfield is no change really as of now.

Forwards are undoubtedly weaker as of right now.
Bollocks

Our team is looking quite good and will get stronger

The squad is far better as well

We have played a handful of games, all against decent opposition and the only team to beat us so far is a team chockful of premier league standard players.

BlueSkiesForever

I think the reason why there’s so many varied opinions is because it’s hard to say if a weaker overall squad but with Vik & Gus in it is worse or better than an overall better squad but without Vik & Gus in it.

Some people will say last years squad was better because we had an extremely deadly striker and a complete midfielder in it but then you could also argue that the overall team this year is more balanced.

I personally think that IF we can get a very good Hamer replacement then we’re definitely in a better place this season.

Perryccfc

Only position we have strengthened without question is full back/wing back.

Dasilva for me is better than Bidwell and MVE is as good as Norton Cuffy but he's our own player so that's a positive.

Centre back quality has gone down but at least we own a few now opposed to loans, I suppose that's the trade off we take as Doyle and McNally would be out of our price range.

Midfield is significantly weaker, attacking midfield is no change really as of now.

Forwards are undoubtedly weaker as of right now.
Who’s this silly c**t

stupot07

Sold our best player for a huge fee and only a loan into replace him to date

We don't even look close to a signing right now and we need three as a minimum.
I'm sure Robins said we needed 6 or 7 more in after the Leicester game, and like you say we have sold Hamer, loaned out Borroughs and Howley and brought in just 1 loan player.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

SeaSeeEffCee

I think we’ve had an ok window overall, but a lot of it will hinge on us replacing Hamer. We’re probably slightly stronger overall compared to last season but we’re seriously lacking players who can grab a game by the scruff of the neck like Hamer and Gyokeres would.

SleepyGinger

I think we’ve had an ok window overall, but a lot of it will hinge on us replacing Hamer. We’re probably slightly stronger overall compared to last season but we’re seriously lacking players who can grab a game by the scruff of the neck like Hamer and Gyokeres would.
Is Ayari not the Hamer replacement for this season?

mmttww

Ideally we get a midfielder in this window that's going to give us what Hamer did, or one that will develop to play to that level.

If no one's available that ticks that box, I'd rather we wait till Jan or next summer. This season isn't going to define the club.

Defence is pretty much sorted. GK is sorted. WBs look sorted. Strikers will probably click. Midfield needs some work.

O'Hare might come back and be effective from Jan. Allen can do a job. DK's plan is for five seasons, not five weeks.

Hamer is PL level. We can't replace him like for like. We aren't the only club in that market. People's entitlement is weird.

Last edited:

SeaSeeEffCee

About him walking too much? He’ll get there, he’s clearly talented. We’re never going to get another player to come in and do what Hamer done. If we can’t get our main targets this window I’d rather wait than panic buy a replacement for big money.
No, he described him as a number 10 as well, which would suggest he’s been brought in to challenge Palmer and O’Hare rather than replace Hamer.

CovLad94

Got to be something today, surely. Can understand none yesterday with it being the players meeting thingy and the u23s game, times ticking. Especially with Howley going out, leaves us even shorter.

Macca

Not sure we can decide either way just yet. See where the marquee signings are after another half a dozen games. It really rests on them. Happy with things at the back

NorthernWisdom

Average squad quality has gone up. Level of our top players has gone down.
Fair. Also fair to check that Hamer cash doesn't get swallowed up and forgotten about. I'd be ok with it being spent next summer, but we're currently in a strong position to appeal to players and the stronger the squad now, the more likely we are to still be appealing to players this time next year.

BlueSkiesForever

Hoping for a big marquee signing today, something that’ll give us momentum going forward. I feel that after that Sunderland game some people have had their expectations tempered a bit (me included). Would love to see someone come in that we can all get behind and think “Yes! That’s the one!” 🙏

Sky Blue Harry H

Also fair to check that Hamer cash doesn't get swallowed up and forgotten about

I never quite get this mindset. The club has to manage its finances, and as a set of fans, we are not the clubs accountants. We don't ask where the £100k Sky money has gone for a match, or where the saved wages of Waghorn have gone, other than in a generalised sense. Nobody asks how Ayari's loan is being funded, where Van Ewjik's wages are being met from. Money comes in, and goes out. Why are we specifically monitoring where money is being spent from Gus's sale? Grumble over, I spent a big chunk of my life dealing with budgets, and people seem to get lost in the minutiae of tracking specific bits of income and expenditure rather than looking at the big picture. I agree, though, that scrutiny is needed of the overall position.

shmmeee

I never quite get this mindset. The club has to manage its finances, and as a set of fans, we are not the clubs accountants. We don't ask where the £100k Sky money has gone for a match, or where the saved wages of Waghorn have gone, other than in a generalised sense. Nobody asks how Ayari's loan is being funded, where Van Ewjik's wages are being met from. Money comes in, and goes out. Why are we specifically monitoring where money is being spent from Gus's sale? Grumble over, I spent a big chunk of my life dealing with budgets, and people seem to get lost in the minutiae of tracking specific bits of income and expenditure rather than looking at the big picture. I agree, though, that scrutiny is needed of the overall position.

Footballs a bit different though. Especially Championship football. For better or worse if you don’t invest you fall back like many industries. What makes it unique is clubs don’t tend to really go bust if we’re honest at this level and no club is sustainable. So running sustainably means going backwards. Sadly in the Championship clubs pretty much have to break through to the Prem or drop back to L1 or progressive become more of a basket case. Or they need a stupidly wealthy and stupidly stupid owner willing to throw money down a pit.

Saddlebrains

Anything on the Hamer replacement Saddlebrains

Nothing further than meant to be from abroad but if we can get O'Brien MR wants to try.

Kitching we will go back in, but wont be increasing the bid. Its more a case of 'your player wants to come, heres the cash or get fucked' basically

Users who are viewing this thread