Transfer targets (21 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

Dave Bradford remember him, for me would easily get into the worst players ever top five scored one of the best goals I ever saw at Highfield Road, a 40 yard volley still rising when it hit the back of the net.
On that note Biamou scored some crackers in his time here.

covcity4life

Remember O'Brien coming on at half-time for one of the two Peterborough games where we were 2-0 down and I give him all the credit for the 3-2 win. Essentially it was a lot of headless chicken running about but it seemed to wake everyone else up
Scored winner Vs Crewe in one of best games I have ever seen live. 3-2

NorthernWisdom

OK, look at it another way - assuming you have children, could you honestly tell me where a year's child benefit payment has been spent (because I know I couldn't)? It goes into your overall income, yet you don't identify what that specific bit of income has been spent on. Similarly, if you won £150k on the lottery, would you set out to spend it all in 12 months, or would you look at your overall position and factor that in before looking at what you spend. Scrutinise the overall position - fine, but asking what individual strands of income have been spent on is pointless imo.
I could identify if my pub expenses went up by the same value as my child benefit

Terry Gibson's perm

Jim O'Brien *shudder*

Up there with the worst players I've seen in a Cov shirt . Forever out of position and had very little ability . Some fans loved him cause he ran around a lot 🤣

He had to run around as he was always in the wrong place amazing he ever made it as a pro.

Telfer85

You would have thought any deal for any European player needs to be done today or tomorrow as you’re running out of time logistically to get it done. So if Brekalo and the cm are coming you’d like to think we’d get a move on.

Seems funny to let Howley go and not have someone as good as over the line as you can get. Not that Howley would start but in terms of squad numbers you wouldn’t have thought he’d have gone without someone coming in.

CovLad94

You would have thought any deal for any European player needs to be done today or tomorrow as you’re running out of time logistically to get it done. So if Brekalo and the cm are coming you’d like to think we’d get a move on.

Seems funny to let Howley go and not have someone as good as over the line as you can get. Not that Howley would start but in terms of squad numbers you wouldn’t have thought he’d have gone without someone coming in.
Exactly, Robins did say he didn't want to let anyone out until players come in due to squad depth, so surely one has to be at least done or nearly done

shmmeee

Am I right in thinking if it’s a last minute signing on Friday he can’t play Saturday anyway?

Sky Blue Harry H

If we don’t get a midfielder I’ll be very annoyed
We would still have Sheaf, Eccles, Ayari, Palmer, Tsatsu, Allen, O'Hare and Kelly (8 players for 3 places) Yes, 2 are injured, but won't be too long before they're back. If they think O'Hare will sign a new contract, I don't think we need to panic, unless a really quality one is available. Plus Lati can cover DM.

CCFCSteve

keep forgetting there's only a couple of days left tbf. It's all going to go to the wire isn't it.

Yeah. I still think we’ll get a couple in though. They’ll just be a load of fannying about by agents and selling clubs at the moment, probably made worse than usual by people thinking we’ve got 15m burning a hole

Matt smith

1 last minute loan and more bed wetting than the local nursery and care home combined.
Can’t really bemoan that if that’s the case

if we knew Gus was going this midfielder should have already been signed or as good as, if we don’t sign anyone it’s very poor

Matt smith

We would still have Sheaf, Eccles, Ayari, Palmer, Tsatsu, Allen, O'Hare and Kelly (8 players for 3 places) Yes, 2 are injured, but won't be too long before they're back. If they think O'Hare will sign a new contract, I don't think we need to panic, unless a really quality one is available. Plus Lati can cover DM.
Lati is superb in defence, don’t want to move him

do you think the midfielders as a collective are good enough? We need one more good option there

BlueSkiesForever

Let’s let’s have a guess at how many we get and who they are..
I think two, Kitching and Adem Zorgani
I think we’d be lucky to get one done in time at this rate, talk about cutting it fine 🙈 As good as Eccles has been we really need someone who can work all game and bring vision to the table, I think Hamer 2.0 is the most pivotal signing we may/may not make of this window, I seriously hope we get someone in of decent quality 🙏

Users who are viewing this thread