Transfer targets (20 Viewers)

Hobo

Hoping for a big marquee signing today, something that’ll give us momentum going forward. I feel that after that Sunderland game some people have had their expectations tempered a bit (me included). Would love to see someone come in that we can all get behind and think “Yes! That’s the one!” 🙏

Always the same with City fans, win and we are going to win the league, lose or draw and don't score and it's all doom and gloom.

They put too much emphasis on each individual game rather than look at the Longview and bigger picture. At this stage of the season there are no "must win games" (although already it has been posted about Watford on Saturday). Teams are still settling down.

BlueSkiesForever

Always the same with City fans, win and we are going to win the league, lose or draw and don't score and it's all doom and gloom.

They put too much emphasis on each individual game rather than look at the Longview and bigger picture. At this stage of the season there are no "must win games" (although already it has been posted about Watford on Saturday). Teams are still settling down.
Agreed there are no must win games atm and I don’t feel that there’s too much of an air of doom and gloom around the club currently but it would be nice to have just a couple more points on the board, I can’t complain too much though.

I could be wrong but I feel like this season will be about rebuilding and not so much about getting automatic promotion. I can’t see us finishing in the top 2 with the current squad, maybe sneak a play-off place again but wherever we finish we should stick with Robins for another season and hope Doug backs us again in the window next season. Build a solid foundation now and then put the finishing touches in next year. I think that’s why it’s important that we get a Hamer replacement, give us a strong starting 11 to build the squad around over the next 2-3 years or so.

Hobo

Agreed there are no must win games atm and I don’t feel that there’s too much of an air of doom and gloom around the club currently but it would be nice to have just a couple more points on the board, I can’t complain too much though.

I could be wrong but I feel like this season will be about rebuilding and not so much about getting automatic promotion. I can’t see us finishing in the top 2 with the current squad, maybe sneak a play-off place again but wherever we finish we should stick with Robins for another season and hope Doug backs us again in the window next season. Build a solid foundation now and then put the finishing touches in next year. I think that’s why it’s important that we get a Hamer replacement, give us a strong starting 11 to build the squad around over the next 2-3 years or so.

I would love a win v Watford which would put us in a healthy position. If we don't it won't be the end of the world.

We are in the process of a big rebuild and with so many strong teams in the league I can't see us getting a top two slot. We need a kinder season injury wise than last year.

Just keep picking up points and see where you are at Easter. Easter onwards is where you need your best form and take momentum into the play offs like last year.

The most important thing for me is just enjoy the football. Unlike some I enjoyed Sunderland. A bit of a technical game with the defenders on both sides coming out on top. Defensively we were a lot better against Sunderland than we were against Middlesbrough when we were extremely sloppy and lucky at times.

NorthernWisdom

I never quite get this mindset. The club has to manage its finances, and as a set of fans, we are not the clubs accountants. We don't ask where the £100k Sky money has gone for a match, or where the saved wages of Waghorn have gone, other than in a generalised sense. Nobody asks how Ayari's loan is being funded, where Van Ewjik's wages are being met from. Money comes in, and goes out. Why are we specifically monitoring where money is being spent from Gus's sale? Grumble over, I spent a big chunk of my life dealing with budgets, and people seem to get lost in the minutiae of tracking specific bits of income and expenditure rather than looking at the big picture. I agree, though, that scrutiny is needed of the overall position.
Well we do really. We asked why SISU were charging a large %age on their loans and how this meant a lot of fees went into servicing the debt, much of it needlessly from a club POV rather than a business investment for the owner.

Likewise, we do indeed ask why the budget is as it is. A Hamer fee to have some go towards running costs = fine. A Hamer fee to have all go towards running costs = not fine.

Sky Blue Harry H

Well we do really. We asked why SISU were charging a large %age on their loans and how this meant a lot of fees went into servicing the debt, much of it needlessly from a club POV rather than a business investment for the owner.

Likewise, we do indeed ask why the budget is as it is. A Hamer fee to have some go towards running costs = fine. A Hamer fee to have all go towards running costs = not fine.

OK, look at it another way - assuming you have children, could you honestly tell me where a year's child benefit payment has been spent (because I know I couldn't)? It goes into your overall income, yet you don't identify what that specific bit of income has been spent on. Similarly, if you won £150k on the lottery, would you set out to spend it all in 12 months, or would you look at your overall position and factor that in before looking at what you spend. Scrutinise the overall position - fine, but asking what individual strands of income have been spent on is pointless imo.

Last edited:

Hoofhearted

It’d be in-keeping with the rest of the shit you tweet tbf
Sassy Steve Coogan GIF by Baby Cow

ptr

Jim O'Brien *shudder*

Up there with the worst players I've seen in a Cov shirt . Forever out of position and had very little ability . Some fans loved him cause he ran around a lot 🤣
It was at a time when our team was so poor that actually, running around a lot was a lot more than the others could be arsed to do.

But yes, absolute headless chicken. Constantly dragged at around 60 minutes because he was blowing. Used to hate it when he’d blame others for his shite passes as well.

Sky Blue Harry H

Apologies if it's already been posted here, but does the loan market also close on 1st September, or is there a different deadline for that?

Sky Blue Harry H

Loan market closes too. Can still sign free agents after the deadline
Thanks - was what I'd thought, but the number of loans from PL clubs seems lower than I seem to remember at the moment. A late flurry awaits!!

Users who are viewing this thread