Transfer targets (20 Viewers)

Deity

Me neither TBH, many Rovers fans want him gone (partly because they think they will cash in on a player soon and they don't want to lose Wharton). Though I would be underwhelmed, he does at least have versatility which Robins seems to be after with his signings this summer.
Beyond striker what other positions can he play ?

Jamieb87ccfc

Just a thought.
Both different players but wouldn’t mind Keinan Davies (Villa) or Collins (Bristol Rovers). Collins is 26 and has been good the last two seasons at Bristol in League 1, he is quick and could compliment Simms. Not sure what he would cost.
I genuinely think Davies could be brought for 1.5 Mil, 12 months left on his contract and a good option up front but feel wages could be an issue but Robins would get the best out of him.
Finn Aziz (AM) from Villa would be good. 22, 12 months left on his contract. Good loan at Plymouth last season with 8 Goals & 8 Assist in 34 games.

ovduk78

And Burnley just pissed the league with a team full of loans.

Of course it's important to have a core of owned players, but it's also important to make use of the loan market to sign otherwise unattainable players.
Burnley had around the same amount of loans as everyone else. They pissed the league because their loans were better, along with Sheff Utd, & they spent over £40m on players.

PVA

Burnley had around the same amount of loans as everyone else. They pissed the league because their loans were better, along with Sheff Utd, & they spent over £40m on players.

Yeah that's kind of my point!

Even the best teams in this league make use of the loan market.

JimmyHillsbeard

Just a thought.
Both different players but wouldn’t mind Keinan Davies (Villa) or Collins (Bristol Rovers). Collins is 26 and has been good the last two seasons at Bristol in League 1, he is quick and could compliment Simms. Not sure what he would cost.
I genuinely think Davies could be brought for 1.5 Mil, 12 months left on his contract and a good option up front but feel wages could be an issue but Robins would get the best out of him.
Finn Aziz (AM) from Villa would be good. 22, 12 months left on his contract. Good loan at Plymouth last season with 8 Goals & 8 Assist in 34 games.

Davies was exceptional at Forest the season before last but hardly pulled up any trees at Watford last time out. Also didn’t someone on here say that he’s on spectacular wages at Villa (hence Forest’s reluctance to turn his loan into a permanent last summer).

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Andi Zeqiri on loan from Brighton? His contract expires end of this year as well, plays ST, and I think can play AM although dont quote me on that. Daniel Jebbison on loan from Sheffield Utd, admittedly not got the greatest record, but I think would be a good foil for Simms, playing second option with less of a pressure to score goals than if he was by himself. Jay Stanisfield on loan from Fulham, not a great goalscorer for Exeter last season but he managed to hit 7 assists alongside 9 goals, so he could be a good support to Simms and he scored a hat trick in his final game for them so maybe he does have the finishing touch.

Thats just a look at current Prem teams and their academies, Im sure we’ll find some hidden Gem abroad though from a club we’ve never heard of let alone a player we’ve never heard of

SleepyGinger

Having 5 loans was necessary last season to patch up the defence as we didn't have a pot to piss in. Not the case now.

For comparison, Brentford had 2 players on loan in their promotion season:

Saman Ghoddos - loaned with an option to buy in the Summer window which they triggered in Jan.
Winston Reid - signed on the final day of the Jan transfer window to cover injuries.

Neither were in their starting XI in the play-off final.
Skimming through and thought Winston Reid was a suggested signing then

fernandopartridge

If Callum Styles really does have a £2 million release clause at Barnsley perhaps that’s worth looking at more seriously. Simple deal, no add on fees or incentives to worry about.

Unless there are a queue of clubs looking at him you'd never go near the release clause fee off the bat, especially with Barnsley's poor financial position

1690881275689.png

Last edited:

baldy

Must also be said that almost all teams that get promoted have loans players that play a vital role. E.g. Burnley and Sheff Utd

I’d say Brentford are the exception rather than the rule, though if we’re trying to replicate that then I’m all for it!

Plus we needed more players - so this was always going to be happen, I expect loans too though.

Forest had shitloads of loan players when they went up too (hence why they bought about 500 players last season)

Saddlebrains

I mean its well know we need a striker in so its not ground breaking ITK info, just that that should deffo be imminent from what I'm told

Users who are viewing this thread