Transfer targets (26 Viewers)

long way home

I cant see 2 permanent signings now its going to be tough to get anything over the line. Im sure we missed out on a few targets and if they were top of the list i don't see robins being panicked into anything.

Because of this i can see 1 loan in and 1 perm at a push. I dont see O Brien, Styles or Brekalo coming, i have a feeling we are getting a name out of left field rocking up.

shmmeee

I think I’d be OK with one CM, otherwise with Eccles and Kelly we’d be overstocked really. Still leaves us short of cover but that’s what you get for extending Kelly.

I think three strikers is OK too with the likes of Obikwu and Andrews around the fringes.

Four decent AMs is fine. WBs are fine. CBs really need one more in but could possibly be OK as long as we don’t lose two long term.

Matt smith

I think I’d be OK with one CM, otherwise with Eccles and Kelly we’d be overstocked really. Still leaves us short of cover but that’s what you get for extending Kelly.

I think three strikers is OK too with the likes of Obikwu and Andrews around the fringes.

Four decent AMs is fine. WBs are fine. CBs really need one more in but could possibly be OK as long as we don’t lose two long term.
If we get a centre midfielder and a defender I think we’ve got enough till January

BlueSkiesForever

We’ve had a great transfer window so far so obvs we can’t moan too much but I would be just a little pissed if we didn’t get a Hamer replacement, not saying he has to be of exactly Hamer quality but just someone with the vision/clarity/calmness that he brought to our game. The Sunderland game was a great example of how desperate our overall game became when our attack lacked. Not moaning or having a go at the players, just feel our lack of vision in attack didn’t help our defence. Even just one signing of a quality CM would significantly improve our team I feel.

Hobo

We don't need to replace Hamer, he keeps coming back so much we'll be able to claim him on squatter's rights before Christmas.

Hamer will be back Saturday with Watford

long way home

Im ok with the club being quiet and in someways not being openly aggressive in the market. It could be they see Allen and O hare closer than we think and Rus showing potential in training which could add depth to the squad.

I see us trying to move Moore out and if that left sided defender comes in Bidwell may be another that could be discussed as a potential exit. Id keep Bidwell even in the event of a signing but Robins may want to free up his wage.

Hobo

Im ok with the club being quiet and in someways not being openly aggressive in the market. It could be they see Allen and O hare closer than we think and Rus showing potential in training which could add depth to the squad.

I see us trying to move Moore out and if that left sided defender comes in Bidwell may be another that could be discussed as a potential exit. Id keep Bidwell even in the event of a signing but Robins may want to free up his wage.
If Bidwell went what cover would we have for Da Silva? Bidwell gives us options at LWB and LCB. Can't see him going even if a LCB comes in.

BlueSkiesForever

We don't need to replace Hamer, he keeps coming back so much we'll be able to claim him on squatter's rights before Christmas.

I wish I had your confidence in our ability, I’ll always be Sky Blue and always be with Robins but I completely disagree that we don’t need a Hamer replacement. People moan about the fact that others keep on talking about Hamer but he really was amazing quality for us, just something so different compared to the rest of the squad. I think that bar the Boro game (which was a weird game tbf) we’ve massively lacked a player with his ability and vision, even Robins has said we need to manage the midfield transition better. If there’s one signing we desperately need it’s a Hamer replacement without a shadow of a doubt.

(The prosecution rests your honour…)

David O'Day

I wish I had your confidence in our ability, I’ll always be Sky Blue and always be with Robins but I completely disagree that we don’t need a Hamer replacement. People moan about the fact that others keep on talking about Hamer but he really was amazing quality for us, just something so different to the rest of the squad. I think that bar the Boro game (which was a weird game tbf) we’ve massively lacked a player with his ability and vision, even Robins has said we need to manage the midfield transition better. If there’s one signing we desperately need it’s a Hamer replacement without a shadow of a doubt.

(The prosecution rests your honour…)
You have missed the point in that post mate

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

BlueSkiesForever

You have missed the point in that post mate

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
Oh my bad, I see what he means now, I thought he was referring to how people are saying everyone keeps talking about him even though he’s left the club, but yeah I realise now that he means that Gus can’t stay away from attending our games. That’s taught me a listen to read before I rant 🤣

long way home

If Bidwell went what cover would we have for Da Silva? Bidwell gives us options at LWB and LCB. Can't see him going even if a LCB comes in.

Thats why i said left sided defender....I also posted i would not let him go even if we signed one,but it may be a financial decision by Robins.

Bristol sky blue

Not that worried about another defender if we keep Bidwell. Lati is very capable and Binks can play left sided CD if needed, then Bidwell in emergency.

I think we may suffer a bit without an imposing box to box midfielder though. Easy to forget a certain midfielder was good at winning the ball back as well as creative and energetic...We might come unstuck against less skilful oposition if we don't have that bite in midfield...

TomRad85

At the start of the window they made it sound like they'd really make use of this players that wouldn't previously have qualified thing, pretty sure all our signings would have qualified even before relaxing of rules right?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

TomRad85

finish him video games GIF

Saddlebrains vs Turner. Remains to be seen who is Liu Kang.

TomRad85

Kind of feels boring now. Don’t think this will be a marquee signing to replace Hamer. That may wait till another transfer window. Plus we are still going for Kitching.
As long as its a good player who cares where we buy from. Problem is buying from within England usually comes at an inflated cost so will be interesting to see who this is.

CovLad94

One from Forest apparently, not necessarily a centre Mid, Alex Mighten I reckon fits the bill for the attacking player MR mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread