Transfers this week (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

Anybody think we're going to see any incomings/outgoings with Robins and the squad in Spain?

covcity4life

bit frustrated at mo. after lots of signings we now seem in limbo with not knowing who is going and when and not being sure we will get adequate replacements in

Super_Johnny_Gayle

bit frustrated at mo. after lots of signings we now seem in limbo with not knowing who is going and when and not being sure we will get adequate replacements in
Are you being serious, our summer transfer activities have been second to none. Robins said they'll be more additions and I believe/trust him.

Last edited:

SkyBlueCRJ

I'd rather know about future of the outgoings this week. There's plenty of time for more transfers to come in, we're only in the second week of July. Once the outgoings are identified, the team will start to take shape and Robins will know what positions need strengthening. Still lots more business to be done though. Could mean that a potential 6 more to come in if Reid, Turnbull and Harries are shipped off.

AFCCOVENTRY

I suspect Greg Moorehouse will sign. He seems to be impressing.

Would love this guy back...

Everton defender Matthew Pennington has been told he can leave the club on loan following the signing of Michael Keane. #EFC

covcity4life

Are you being serious, out summer transfer activities have been second to none. Robins said they'll be more additions and I believe/trust him.

did you even read what i wrote?

i said after gettings lots of signings in i am now frustarted with a feeling of limbo

at no point have i said its been a bad window. i agree its been great but right now we are entering a period where i am not sure what is happening and if we will come out stronger or weaker.

Super_Johnny_Gayle

Should get some decent money for Turnbull and Harries, plus the wages it frees up, with Reid one of our highest earners.
So I agree with JamesCCFC, another 6 signings could be imminent.

ajsccfc

Mark Robins just emailed me directly, I hope I'm not betraying his trust wikileaks style here

When I wrote to you back in April, I spoke of the need to rebuild the squad for the demands of League 2. We have been busy recruiting the correct type of player to get us out of this division, and so far nine new players have joined, along with members of last season's squad committing their futures to the club. This work continues, and I look forward to welcoming more new players.

Anyone know our record for new signings in a single summer?

Super_Johnny_Gayle

Everton defender Matthew Pennington has been told he can leave the club on loan following the signing of Michael Keane. #EFC
He won't drop to League 2.

i said after gettings lots of signings in i am now frustarted with a feeling of limbo

at no point have i said its been a bad window. i agree its been great but right now we are entering a period where i am not sure what is happening and if we will come out stronger or weaker.
I think he's astounded at how you can be frustrated after some serious recruitment and still a good while to go before the season starts. We've got the core of the team for a full pre-season for a long long time and you're frustrated.

Nick

Administrator

No chance, he would be mid - high end Championship as a minimum.

Super_Johnny_Gayle

I did and I think you're worrying about nothing in my opinion.

covcity4life

I think he's astounded at how you can be frustrated after some serious recruitment and still a good while to go before the season starts. We've got the core of the team for a full pre-season for a long long time and you're frustrated.

anyone who got that from my post is mistaken

as a ccfc fan i am worrying about players like willis,stevenson,harries,g thomas leaving and then worrying some more than the replacements might be of lesser quality

this is the life of a football fan. it is not rubbishing the great work that has already gone on this summer. just saying that entering a period of uncertainty.

Super_Johnny_Gayle

anyone who got that from my post is mistaken

as a ccfc fan i am worrying about players like willis,stevenson,harries,g thomas leaving and then worrying some more than the replacements might be of lesser quality

this is the life of a football fan. it is not rubbishing the great work that has already gone on this summer. just saying that entering a period of uncertainty.
I think we have to trust Robins and Widdrington will get most decisions right, not all of our new signings will be world beaters and I suspect a couple may take time to settle.
Losing G Thomas would b a biggy but Vincenti looks as if he's been bought in to cover that loss already.

covcity4life

I think we have to trust Robins and Widdrington will get most decisions right, not all of our new signings will be world beaters and I suspect a couple may take time to settle.
Losing G Thomas would b a biggy but Vincenti looks as if he's been bought in to cover that loss already.

i agree and have faith in management team, doesnt stop me worrying though. i much prefered it in june when it was a case of IN IN IN lol

now its gonna get a lil more complicaated thats all

pastythegreat

i agree and have faith in management team, doesnt stop me worrying though. i much prefered it in june when it was a case of IN IN IN lol

Personally, from the list of players we 'could' lose, I don't think any are irreplaceable.
Turnbull and Reid especially.
Although I'd like them to stay and hope we don't lose them, Willis, Stevenson and G.Thomas I think could all be replaced. I'd like to see a good solid (Ben Turner) no nonsense CH in instead of willis anyway tbf. And I think a battler in midfield would be better for league 2 than Stevenson and if Vincetti fires I don't think we'll massively miss Thomas!
As for Harries, we won't miss what we don't use anyway so his fee if he left would help MR immensely!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

SkyBlueCRJ

I agree, I definitely think we are at a crucial point in the window. The future of a fair few players are in doubt, this would make any fan worried. As I said previously, there's still a lot of work to do. With Reid, Harries and Turnbull all likely to go, more players are needed to come in to take their place. This adds pressure to Robins and Widdrington to get it right. So, it's understandable why you think we're in a state of 'limbo'. I've been feeling the same. But once these players leave the building and there's a sense of clarity of how many players we need, I have faith in Robins to continue to bring in more solid signings.

covcity4life

I agree, I definitely think we are at a crucial point in the window. The future of a fair few players are in doubt, this would make any fan worried. As I said previously, there's still a lot of work to do. With Reid, Harries and Turnbull all likely to go, more players are needed to come in to take their place. This adds pressure to Robins and Widdrington to get it right. So, it's understandable why you think we're in a state of 'limbo'. I've been feeling the same. But once these players leave the building and there's a sense of clarity of how many players we need, I have faith in Robins to continue to bring in more solid signings.

at least someone gets it!

giphy.gif

NorthernWisdom

Is it just me not too worried about the players potentially going?

We've been in the position before where we think we have the squad we want, then half the team bogs off and we find ourselves scratching around so... yep, I am worried.

Each individually we can cope with, but lose Willis *and* Turnbull and we'd be light at the back, lose Thomas we'd be light up front, lose Stevenson and we'd not have huge cover in the middle.

Nick

Administrator
We've been in the position before where we think we have the squad we want, then half the team bogs off and we find ourselves scratching around so... yep, I am worried.

Each individually we can cope with, but lose Willis *and* Turnbull and we'd be light at the back, lose Thomas we'd be light up front, lose Stevenson and we'd not have huge cover in the middle.

I don't think if we lost Thomas we would be light up front. Robins already has a player on trial for that position and in central midfield.

Ron Macintosh

We're 3 weeks and 5 days from the start of the new season and you're frustrated after we've already signed 9 player? Jesus

Nick

Administrator
Just like we had Manset on trial before signing him for if Wilson or Clarke left?

Thank God they didn't...

I have a bit more faith in Robins than Pressley. Pressley watched the world cup I think it was and decided to change his formation after signing players for another one.

G thomas has hardly been anywhere like Wilson or clarke so wouldn't be as much of a loss.

Grendel

Mark Robins just emailed me directly, I hope I'm not betraying his trust wikileaks style here

Anyone know our record for new signings in a single summer?

1983 84 we must have signed 12 at least.

SkyBlueCRJ

I have a bit more faith in Robins than Pressley. Pressley watched the world cup and decided to change his formation after signing players for another one.

Pressley was never renowned for the quality of his signings. Wasn't it under Pressley that we used 50+ players in one season or something equally as ridiculous? If I rememeber rightly, he was a huge fan of bringing in a large quantity of trialists, we seemed to have them in 24/7. He had no scouting system to work off so it was the only way of looking at players. Robins has Widdrington to work beside. So, I think he's far more equipped to get it right when it comes to trialists.

pastythegreat

I agree with Willis *AND* Turnbull. I think we only really have 3 first choice CH at the min so to lose 2 would be a blow!
I think we have plenty of attacking options atm and he seems to want more so Thomas not so. Same I think with Ben! My priority now would be at least 1 experienced, no nonsense CH and a proven 20+ striker

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread