Trust meeting with wasps (2 Viewers)

DazzleTommyDazzle

Anyway if you think it will be easy dealing with our owners you haven't met them yet? Expect unreasonable demands (at least from Wasps perspective), guerilla negotiating tactics and the first time you actually see their face will probably be in a court room. I really don't see how it will work, the only way it could have was a joint partnership which Wasps weren't interested in.

Reading your paragraph above, can you think of any reason why Wasps might not have wanted a joint partnership with our owners?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

'Nick' said this, 'Nick' said that. Supposed to be representing supporters not acting like giddy schoolgirls. Should try and be a bit more professional and they might get taken a bit more seriously. Obviously want that seat on the board. Any board by the looks of it.

So now calling somebody by their first name and reporting what that person said is unprofessional? They were asking him questions on behalf of the Trust he was responding if you want to find people who want to be on a board look at Mr Strange and Mr Ward much more professional in your eyes I suppose. But then again it wouldn't matter what the Trust did you would still have a go wouldn't you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

henry the wasp

So now calling somebody by their first name and reporting what that person said is unprofessional? They were asking him questions on behalf of the Trust he was responding if you want to find people who want to be on a board look at Mr Strange and Mr Ward much more professional in your eyes I suppose. But then again it wouldn't matter what the Trust did you would still have a go wouldn't you?

Have I ever had a go at the trust before?
First meeting and on first name terms? Easily lulled into a sense of security by the looks of it.
The Mr Strange and mr Ward thing, you suppose wrong.

Last edited:

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Should have said people will sorry. Now I'm going to the Trust meeting on Monday never met the guy so what should I call him If I talk to him?

henry the wasp

If you are going in a formal capacity then keep things formal. Let him think he is dealing with someone who is switched on, not someone who he can sell half a dozen magic beans to.

albatross

In the 21st century don't see how calling somebody Mr Eastwood makes you any more switched on or makes any minuted meeting more formal.

If you are invited to call a person by their first name it does not stop you asking pointed questions and receiving appropriate answers.

With all the issues that the club face this is really splitting already split hairs

henry the wasp

In the 21st century don't see how calling somebody Mr Eastwood makes you any more switched on or makes any minuted meeting more formal.

If you are invited to call a person by their first name it does not stop you asking pointed questions and receiving appropriate answers.

With all the issues that the club face this is really splitting already split hairs

Whenever I meet someone with the power to affect big changes, wants me to call them by their first name after one meeting, I automatically think 'confidence trickster'.
Must be just me., but yeah the split hairs thing. I agree.

chiefdave

Is that your desktop background Nick? I assume one of them is PH4 with Hoffman and Elliot, who's the other loon?

martcov

Whenever I meet someone with the power to affect big changes, wants me to call them by their first name after one meeting, I automatically think 'confidence trickster'.
Must be just me., but yeah the split hairs thing. I agree.

Does anyone ever refer to Tim Fisher as Mr Fisher? Just out of interest.

Astute

The names Eastwood and Richardson have been a disaster for our football club. So first names for me please.

ashbyjan

Mr (Nick) Eastwood is the guest speaker at the Trust Open meeting on Monday night at the Squirrel - 7.30pm 1st December, Squirrel Pub, Greyfriars Lane Coventry CV1 2GY. Come along and listen to what he has to say, ask him whatever questions you may personally have about their plans for the Ricoh and their future with CCFC - get from behind your keyboard and come out for the night, have a drink and meet other Sky Blue fans and air your concerns to the man himself. Non members can join on the night (£1). Last months meeting with Steve Pressley was well attended (around 100) and there should be a good turnout on Monday as well.

letsallsingtogether

Mr (Nick) Eastwood is the guest speaker at the Trust Open meeting on Monday night at the Squirrel - 7.30pm 1st December, Squirrel Pub, Greyfriars Lane Coventry CV1 2GY. Come along and listen to what he has to say, ask him whatever questions you may personally have about their plans for the Ricoh and their future with CCFC - get from behind your keyboard and come out for the night, have a drink and meet other Sky Blue fans and air your concerns to the man himself. Non members can join on the night (£1). Last months meeting with Steve Pressley was well attended (around 100) and there should be a good turnout on Monday as well.

No it is easier having a go from behind a keyboard and asking for Links. :)

Steve.B50

we all have questions, this is an opportunity to ask them.

MichaelCCFC

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by ashbyjan

we all have questions, this is an opportunity to ask them.

I'm in London tomorrow and won't be back in time for the meeting so, as a member of the Trust, I'd be grateful if my question could be put to NE. It is: 'Please give one concrete example of something wasps have done, or will do shortly, that will benefit ccfc'. thx

MichaelCCFC

New pitch?

Suspect that's being done for the benefit of wasps not ccfc! For the absolute avoidance of doubt, I'll amend the question to: 'Please give one concrete example of something wasps have done, or will do shortly, for the benefit of ccfc'. thx

NorthernWisdom

I also can't go, Mondays aren't great and time is tight atm ;) but I really would like to know if Wasps will continue to hide behind 'commercial confidentiality' whenever asked about this deal, and if they can understand that, having had years of opaque financial dealings from our current owners, such an approach does little to reassure. Will they be prepared to share details of the deal to buy ACL and, if not, why not?

Would they also agree that moving a club many miles compromises sporting integrity?

Raggs

Suspect that's being done for the benefit of wasps not ccfc! For the absolute avoidance of doubt, I'll amend the question to: 'Please give one concrete example of something wasps have done, or will do shortly, for the benefit of ccfc'. thx

Ah, so you want an example of Wasps spending Wasps money purely on CCFC, and not joint benefit.

Could somebody ask if we are being kicked out of the home changing rooms? :)

Thought I read (but christ knows if it's true), that Wasps were going to take the current home changing room and making it their own, CCFC would get the away changing room to make their own, and 2 unused offices would be converted to a new away changing room. No idea where I read that, or how true it is.

martcov

Please add the question as to whether Otium have suggested anything Wasps could do for the benefit of CCFC. I think Wasps have ideas as what to do for their own benefit, but it's up to CCFC to ask for improvements from Wasps. They are the tenants and should put their suggestions to the landlords.

MichaelCCFC

Please add the question as to whether Otium have suggested anything Wasps could do for the benefit of CCFC. I think Wasps have ideas as what to do for their own benefit, but it's up to CCFC to ask for improvements from Wasps. They are the tenants and should put their suggestions to the landlords.

Good point! So we've got two questions: Please give one concrete example of something wasps have done, or will do shortly, for the benefit of ccfc' and 'have Otium suggested anything Wasps could do for the benefit of CCFC?' plus there's NW's 2 good questions as well.

stupot07

I wonder when they will rename singers bar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Users who are viewing this thread