Trust meeting with wasps (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

Steve, is there a way that Trust members who can't make the meeting can submit questions?

Can I (again ;) ) make a polite request for meetings to be shuffled to other times than Mondays occasionally, too?

How about before/after a football match :eek: on Saturdays? Might get a few more of the out-of-town fans prepared to come along then, too?

italiahorse

Loosened the chains of club being tied to place, thus making it easier for all other sporting clubs to move place without consequence;Sisu
Tied to place ? They were in Northampton whilst talks were on going. We only moved back from Northampton because Sisu got word that Wasps were taking over.
Seen a sporting club be run for financial, rather than sporting, reasons;
Is that as daft as it seems ?
Actively trampled over the territory of a sitting sports club, in a bid for financial gain;
Theres room for both, there at different levels and will remain so in the Rugby heirarchy. There are lots of Rugby clubs in the area.
Come up with a load of nonsense (lies) about how the club had to move to Coventry or die.
So loosing money is not a good reason ?

1) That's only speculation, Wasps have set an example of franchising clubs. Don't be surprised to see other clubs follow
2) No it's not daft, yet you and others seem to encourage our owners to risk our future by throwing money around in chasing the premier league dream
3) Your opinion, not only rugby club but other sporting clubs are going to be negatively affected by this
4) So you would support Coventry buying and moving to a stadium in another city if it made financial sense?

I'm not bothered about a Rugby Club I'm bothered about my Football team.
IMHO the attacks on Wasps are solely because they have bought into the Ricoh when our owners didn't want to.
The blame should be against Sisu who never really bothered, preferring to spend millions, on behalf of CCFC, in legal battles and moving the team, for what ?

We are where we are so now we need to talk to Wasps and make it work for CCFC.
Sisu need to say what they realistically want and if it's not suitable then they need to look at the alternatives.
These need to be believable or people like myself will be sceptical and not believe them.

martcov

Can't you at least try and hide your delight?

Delight? We had 7 years to do a deal. We are up shit creek without a paddle and other people are doing what we should have done years ago. You ask me to hide my "delight"? I can't see how you come to the conclusion that I am delighted by all this. Fair play to Wasps - they are doing something about their situation -, but where does that leave us?

Grendel

Delight? We had 7 years to do a deal. We are up shit creek without a paddle and other people are doing what we should have done years ago. You ask me to hide my "delight"? I can't see how you come to the conclusion that I am delighted by all this. Fair play to Wasps - they are doing something about their situation -, but where does that leave us?

Face it with every misfortune we encounter your grin just gets wider and wider.

Nick

Administrator
Why hate them, what have they done?
Can understand the frustrations regarding the Council but the Wasps have just done what SISU should have done.

What moved a club 70 odd miles? Eagerness to go and watch Top Class Rugby isn't getting in the way is it Steve? After the stuff you were re-tweeting about Sixfielders too?

I agree SISU should have bought the Ricoh, but everybody is saying how Wasps can't be blamed because they needed it. So the trust will back SISU if they plan to move out of Coventry for business reasons to stay alive yeah?

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'm not bothered about a Rugby Club I'm bothered about my Football team.
IMHO the attacks on Wasps are solely because they have bought into the Ricoh when our owners didn't want to.
The blame should be against Sisu who never really bothered, preferring to spend millions, on behalf of CCFC, in legal battles and moving the team, for what ?

We are where we are so now we need to talk to Wasps and make it work for CCFC.
Sisu need to say what they realistically want and if it's not suitable then they need to look at the alternatives.
These need to be believable or people like myself will be sceptical and not believe them.

I've said I don't blame wasps and this mess is almost entirely SISUs own making.

Doesn't mean I'm going to be all pally with Wasps and best friends with them, I'll continue treating them with hostility as they don't belong here and are not welcome here. Would you be best mates with your ex's new boyfriend if you still want to get back with them?

italiahorse

I've said I don't blame wasps and this mess is almost entirely SISUs own making.

Doesn't mean I'm going to be all pally with Wasps and best friends with them, I'll continue treating them with hostility as they don't belong here and are not welcome here. Would you be best mates with your ex's new boyfriend if you still want to get back with them?

Im not saying be pally with them i'm saying that now they are here we need to move on, be more business like and get the most we can out of them in terms of a long term deal.
At the moment they are unsure how this is going to go for them so this is the time to get the best deal from them.
If we are still playing silly games in a years time Wasps may realise they don't need us and leave us to get on with it (whatever it is !!)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Im not saying be pally with them i'm saying that now they are here we need to move on, be more business like and get the most we can out of them in terms of a long term deal.
At the moment they are unsure how this is going to go for them so this is the time to get the best deal from them.
If we are still playing silly games in a years time Wasps may realise they don't need us and leave us to get on with it (whatever it is !!)

You have a fair point here, if we want to get the best deal then maybe it is a good idea to get in early whilst they are still settling in but we can't can we?

Wasps aren't going to commit to anything though whilst we have a 4 year contract to play at the Ricoh at the moment though are they? Then after that 4 years if they realise they don't need the club they will either try to charge us through the roof or tell us to be on our way.

italiahorse

What moved a club 70 odd miles? Eagerness to go and watch Top Class Rugby isn't getting in the way is it Steve? After the stuff you were re-tweeting about Sixfielders too?

I agree SISU should have bought the Ricoh, but everybody is saying how Wasps can't be blamed because they needed it. So the trust will back SISU if they plan to move out of Coventry for business reasons to stay alive yeah?

I guess they would if Sisu ever got round to showing a feasible plan.
IMHO The stadiums not happening and moving the club permanently away from Coventry is not allowed since the FA/FL realised what damage MKDons did.

Surely before people start fighting for a new stadium Sisu should show something positive, how it will be financed and what it means for the club in the future.
We would need to rent it, Sisu surely would keep some of the additional incomes and it needs to be shown what is different to any Wasps deal at the Ricoh.

italiahorse

You have a fair point here, if we want to get the best deal then maybe it is a good idea to get in early whilst they are still settling in but we can't can we?

Wasps aren't going to commit to anything though whilst we have a 4 year contract to play at the Ricoh at the moment though are they? Then after that 4 years if they realise they don't need the club they will either try to charge us through the roof or tell us to be on our way.

We need a longer term deal with increments as we go up the league.
If we have not got one already we need access to revenues on football days. After all if we are not there they won't exist.
Wasps can make gains by sharing systems and facilities. For example, the cost of running the ticketing system is shared so we don't have to develop our own. There are bound to be others, so lets talk.

SkyBlue_Bear83

If we have not got one already we need access to revenues on football days. After all if we are not there they won't exist.
Wasps can make gains by sharing systems and facilities. For example, the cost of running the ticketing system is shared so we don't have to develop our own. There are bound to be others, so lets talk.

It's all well and good and I agree we should get in there early to get the best deal but it's not going to happen. By all means the club should try there best to make it happen but imo it won't. We have a 4 year deal so Wasps won't be interested in any renegotiating yet and giving us a better deal at this point in time, by the time they do in 4 years they will be able to set there own demands and charge whatever they like assuming the new stadium is as far away as ever.
Wasps have already chucked us out of the changing room so they have no plans on sharing facilities, they plan to give us the minimum possible whilst charging us the maximum possible.

Nick

Administrator
It's all well and good and I agree we should get in there early to get the best deal but it's not going to happen. By all means the club should try there best to make it happen but imo it won't. We have a 4 year deal so Wasps won't be interested in any renegotiating yet and giving us a better deal at this point in time, by the time they do in 4 years they will be able to set there own demands and charge whatever they like assuming the new stadium is as far away as ever.
Wasps have already chucked us out of the changing room so they have no plans on sharing facilities, they plan to give us the minimum possible whilst charging us the maximum possible.

Ah but the council and the wasps guy said that it wouldn't affect CCFC or CRFC remember?

stupot07

You keep banging on about this 'incremental revenues' but still haven't explained what it is and what it would look like.

All I can see is us paying rent for very little/no access to revenue. No doubt under this fantastic new deal we will pay more rent in 5-6 years than wasps paid for Higgs share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Steve.B50

MY COMMENTS, NOT THE TRUST.

With regards to watching any sort of games, that's my choice and mine alone, just likes it might be some fans view to watch Man Utd play.
The situation regarding Wasps moving miles from there present base may not be fair but the majority of Wasps fans seem to accept it as they feel like nomads, and have made a gamble. Them coming to Coventry could benifit so many things in this City and all I am suggesting is let's talk to them as they now own the home of Coventry City.
One last note, as yet I have not said I will be going to games, I openly follow England Rugby when I can get tickets and I also go to Coventry Rugby when I am free,and as most on here know I go to almost every CCFC game.

NorthernWisdom

all I am suggesting is let's talk to them as they now own the home of Coventry City.

As the trust, I accept that as a position, much like I accepted talking to SISU.

I'd like to think (pretend?) I'm reasonably pragmatic. Can not like SISU but accept they're the club owners so need to be spoken to; glad the Trust does. Can also not like Wasps here but accept that as they own the stadium, they need to be spoken to. All fine.

In among that though... there was nowt wrong with a demonstration saying we weren't happy with what the club was playing at, and that's what we got. There seems little visible... concern about Wasps coming in. Barely a murmur. Maybe it's because everybody's protested out and yes, it's fair to say the tendency for most of us is to sit back and wring hands.

And I'd hope for yes, speaking to them, but some kind of voice that said... this ain't right. Much as there was (quite rightly!) for Northampton.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread