Trust meeting with wasps (2 Viewers)

torchomatic

The Franchise and Firkin? Or the Firkin Franchise? Maybe Ann's Place?

I wonder when they will rename singers bar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

torchomatic

And you've no doubt had a beaming smile on your face ever since.

Main difference to Tim: he found one with a stadium (32000) + complex at a bargain price- didn't bother going through the artist's Impression bit. Just did it.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Are they kicking us out of the home changing rooms?

Will any CCFC branding be completely removed from the stadium, if its just being relocated where will it be? Do they plan on branding wasps into the seats at one end?

Whats there long term plan for the CCFC wall plaques and Jimmy Hill statue?

What do they plan to do in 4 years when the current rental deal come to an end?

What attendances are they predicting at the Ricoh for Rugby and what attendances do they need to make it work?

torchomatic

Can you ask Nick, sorry Mr Eastwood, to fuck off and take Wasps back to London. Thanks.

Steve.B50

Are they kicking us out of the home changing rooms?

Will any CCFC branding be completely removed from the stadium, if its just being relocated where will it be? Do they plan on branding wasps into the seats at one end?

Whats there long term plan for the CCFC wall plaques and Jimmy Hill statue?

What do they plan to do in 4 years when the current rental deal come to an end?

What attendances are they predicting at the Ricoh for Rugby and what attendances do they need to make it work?

all very good questions and am sure they will be asked in one firm or another.

AJB1983

Ah, so you want an example of Wasps spending Wasps money purely on CCFC, and not joint benefit.

Thought I read (but christ knows if it's true), that Wasps were going to take the current home changing room and making it their own, CCFC would get the away changing room to make their own, and 2 unused offices would be converted to a new away changing room. No idea where I read that, or how true it is.

True although the offices have already been converted due to the Olympics having been there

torchomatic

Well, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for oblivion, but we shall see. Can't see the crowds being that fussed after the initial first few games.

they are going nowhere,

NorthernWisdom

Why hate them, what have they done?

Loosened the chains of club being tied to place, thus making it easier for all other sporting clubs to move place without consequence;

Seen a sporting club be run for financial, rather than sporting, reasons;

Actively trampled over the territory of a sitting sports club, in a bid for financial gain;

Come up with a load of nonsense (lies) about how the club had to move to Coventry or die.

Steve.B50

A good bit of distressing, Wasps go belly-up, football club can buy ACL for even cheaper than it's recently been sold for, Cov Rugby have increased profile from all the kerfuffle, so end up with increased gates and increased profile.

Everyone's a winner.

i think we should look at the much bigger picture.
firstly the only people who are anti the Wasps are some of us Coventry fans.
secondly think of the benifits they will bring to the City of Coventry, when the big European teams come the whole City will benifit, only negatives is lack of Hotels.
thirdly as you mention, it might all fail and if Coventry have a long term deal they could benifit, but doubt it will work with our present owners in control.

wingy

Loosened the chains of club being tied to place, thus making it easier for all other sporting clubs to move place without consequence;

Actively trampled over the territory of a sitting sports club, in a bid for financial gain;

Come up with a load of nonsense (lies) about how the club had to move to Coventry or die.

At least 3 of those points apply to both Wasps and CCFC.

Steve.B50

The bigger picture would see us building on the identity that's built up by time, the sense of community and common interest... as opposed to the short term commodification that sees nothing but a surface sheen and a McDonaldised sports landscape.

Not saying your wrong but to me it's got possibilities of benifitting the City if Coventry and maybe, just maybe Coventry City. I just do not want to turn my back on the landlords of our football stadium

italiahorse

Loosened the chains of club being tied to place, thus making it easier for all other sporting clubs to move place without consequence;Sisu
Tied to place ? They were in Northampton whilst talks were on going. We only moved back from Northampton because Sisu got word that Wasps were taking over.
Is that as daft as it seems ?
Theres room for both, there at different levels and will remain so in the Rugby heirarchy. There are lots of Rugby clubs in the area.
So loosing money is not a good reason ?

You really need to let the red mist die down before you make comments like these.
I would imagine we have a short period of time before Wasps do absolutely nothing to help our plight. I would do the same if someone starts to play games.

NorthernWisdom

Not saying your wrong but to me it's got possibilities of benifitting the City if Coventry and maybe, just maybe Coventry City. I just do not want to turn my back on the landlords of our football stadium

Movements based on sand (and the historical precedent says this is a movement more likely to fail than succeed) are unwise ones to get behind, just because the words coming out of somebody's mouth are pacifying at present.

The best way of encouraging Wasps to offer a too-good-to-refuse deal for CCFC would be to encourage both CCC and SISU to work together to find a new stadium site for the football club... to play the game and thus encourage competition.

Wasps will be driven by financial considerations, so the only reason they'd offer a deal to the football club's advantage is if there was a real threat to their monopoly position as syupplier of 10k+ stadiums within the city. Without this threat, then Wasps need to attempt to make cash from any deal, as to do otherwise would be negligent to their shareholders.

And this is not even going into the intagible brand values, the social effects, and the slippage of identity and heritage that goes into making a city, and can be converted to hard cash if harnessed better.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
But were happy to with the owners of the football club??

NorthernWisdom

You've lost the argument when you have to resort to abuse ?
Like Sisu you have nowhere to go. Grow up.

Nope, you lost the argument when you behaved like a bumbling fool over Sixfields and tried to cause untold damage with your idiocy.

I'll talk to Steve because he has at least respected my view (after a shaky start!), even if we've (almost always!) differed on the way to get to a desired goal.

You, however, are an obnoxious destructive prick.

italiahorse

Movements based on sand (and the historical precedent says this is a movement more likely to fail than succeed) are unwise ones to get behind, just because the words coming out of somebody's mouth are pacifying at present.

The best way of encouraging Wasps to offer a too-good-to-refuse deal for CCFC would be to encourage both CCC and SISU to work together to find a new stadium site for the football club... to play the game and thus encourage competition.

Wasps will be driven by financial considerations, so the only reason they'd offer a deal to the football club's advantage is if there was a real threat to their monopoly position as syupplier of 10k+ stadiums within the city. Without this threat, then Wasps need to attempt to make cash from any deal, as to do otherwise would be negligent to their shareholders.

And this is not even going into the intagible brand values, the social effects, and the slippage of identity and heritage that goes into making a city, and can be converted to hard cash if harnessed better.

Everybody including Wasps know the stadium is not a achievable.
Surely even you know this ?

Nick

Administrator
Everybody including Wasps know the stadium is not a achievable.
Surely even you know this ?
So when we move because renting will kill us you won't have an issue as you think it's a valid reason for wasps?

Or you will have a massive issue until we get a big cup draw.

SkyBlue_Bear83

You really need to let the red mist die down before you make comments like these.
I would imagine we have a short period of time before Wasps do absolutely nothing to help our plight. I would do the same if someone starts to play games.
Loosened the chains of club being tied to place, thus making it easier for all other sporting clubs to move place without consequence;Sisu
Tied to place ? They were in Northampton whilst talks were on going. We only moved back from Northampton because Sisu got word that Wasps were taking over.
Is that as daft as it seems ?
Theres room for both, there at different levels and will remain so in the Rugby heirarchy. There are lots of Rugby clubs in the area.
So loosing money is not a good reason ?

1) That's only speculation, Wasps have set an example of franchising clubs. Don't be surprised to see other clubs follow
2) No it's not daft, yet you and others seem to encourage our owners to risk our future by throwing money around in chasing the premier league dream
3) Your opinion, not only rugby club but other sporting clubs are going to be negatively affected by this
4) So you would support Coventry buying and moving to a stadium in another city if it made financial sense?

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
1) That's only speculation, Wasps have set an example of franchising clubs. Don't be surprised to see other clubs follow
2) No it's not daft, yet you and others seem to encourage our owners to risk our future by throwing money around in chasing the premier league dream
3) Your opinion, not only rugby club but other sporting clubs are going to be negatively affected by this
4) So you would support Coventry buying and moving to a stadium in another city if it made financial sense?
Wait for the but, but, but...

MichaelCCFC

Steve, is there a way that Trust members who can't make the meeting can submit questions?

Users who are viewing this thread