Trust, Young Fans Good idea (1 Viewer)

Grendel

My lad is 7 and we no longer go to the football because the owners are choosing to play outside of Coventry. Not hard to understand that the club is in limbo and verging towards not existing.

All the more reason to go then and encourage the young audience so that they develop an affinity with the club. A seven year old will not care where the club is playing and the atmosphere at the ground is very family friendly.

ccfc92

He had a season ticket the last 2 seasons and still follows City but difficult when you don't get to see them. Sad as we went up with my father in law and it was good bonding time. Bastards have no idea what stories are out there that the've screwed up with their hedge fund nonsense crap

completely understand. As I posted earlier, my little cousin is 3 and I really wanna bring him to the Ricoh, he loves football, and always says Sky Blue Army when I stay at my aunts n he sees my cov top before going to watch CCFC

another CCFC fan lost maybe? :(

Sky Blue Pete

Are you deliberately missing the major point and he does understand why the club needs to play its home games in the City that bears its name. I may as well go and support Arsenal or Man Utd. I know the club and most of us supporters are in limbo cause strictly CCFC isn't dead but it does have a serious injury and may never recover. You told me it wouldn't come to us playing away from the Ricoh, I still can't believe it's happening

skybluegod

Great initiative by the trust. Well done them.

However I have got to agree with Grendel on his point. Why is it wrong to go to sixfields. I have gone a fair few times this season and I'm not embarrassed to say so. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. I respect those who won't go out of principle, that is there opinion. However choosing to go and support the team is not 'wrong', it is somebody's opinion.

The club have proven that they are going to fund the losses already so nopm (if that is still an excuse) isn't working obviously. It was so cheap on Tuesday to get in, it was cheaper than non league tickets.

Sky Blue Pete

I think it is wrong to go to Sixfields in the way you think it's wrong not to. CCFC have left the city and currently there is no plan to return. When will you give up?

Grendel

Are you deliberately missing the major point and he does understand why the club needs to play its home games in the City that bears its name. I may as well go and support Arsenal or Man Utd. I know the club and most of us supporters are in limbo cause strictly CCFC isn't dead but it does have a serious injury and may never recover. You told me it wouldn't come to us playing away from the Ricoh, I still can't believe it's happening

So if you were a Brighton fan you would have refused to attend at Gillingham, or Bristol Rovers in Bath?

ccfc92

However I have got to agree with Grendel on his point. Why is it wrong to go to sixfields. I have gone a fair few times this season and I'm not embarrassed to say so. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. I respect those who won't go out of principle, that is there opinion. However choosing to go and support the team is not 'wrong', it is somebody's opinion.

The club have proven that they are going to fund the losses already so nopm (if that is still an excuse) isn't working obviously. It was so cheap on Tuesday to get in, it was cheaper than non league tickets.

I'm sorry but if Northampton were keeping us while the Ricoh was being finished, fair enough, hats off to them.

But I support CCFC for a reason, they are my home city team, the one and only. They represent my affiliation to Coventry as a city, and have even made me consider moving back home to Coventry. Why would a team that plays in Northampton cause that much passion as the one that plays in Coventry?

Sky Blue Pete

Sorry not when will you give up? That's the wrong thing to say. What will be your line? When will you say, no more? Will you give it 3 years? 5 years? when we are in league 2? Non-league? When SP leaves? When Murphy, Moussa, Baker & Wilson and Christie leave? How are Sisu funding the losses? Every week they lose thousands of pounds, someone will be paying. There is no way they will fund £5m losses each season for the next 5 years. I would ask when are you going to open your eyes and see the bigger picture. We are not sheep - all have thought this through and think that the only way to affect the situation is to, in the short term, withdraw our literal attendance from the club's home games. We still love our City, its the only club we all want to follow but it has been taken away

Sky Blue Pete

I don't know Grendel - I don't know enough about the particular situation that was going on in Brighton, do you? Also - answer my questions so we can have a conversation

skybluegod

I'm not saying we shouldn't be in coventry however at least for now we are playing in Northampton and in my opinion the manager and the team deserve as much support as they can get. I do respect that you love coventry for being coventry and not Northampton, but all clubs go through hard times, I do honestly believe that there is gonna be a coventry team in coventry sooner rather than later.

Grendel

I don't know Grendel - I don't know enough about the particular situation that was going on in Brighton, do you? Also - answer my questions so we can have a conversation

We are having a conversation and it centres around Astutes absurd and deliberately provocative comment as to teaching a child what is right and wrong. What is wrong is to show disrespect to authority, to commit crime, to show xenophobia or racist behaviour -- it is not wrong to attend a football match.

Curiously I suspect Astute would think it was wrong to follow a club at a temporary home as it supports the owners but if he was a fan of, say, Blackpool he would see no moral issue in giving that owner his and his childs money as they play in their home town.

mrbluesky87

Fuck it then, let's just give in because nopm isn't working. This is not the reason most fans choose not to attend, CCFC are playing their home games 35 miles away from their home city, how the hell is this my local club. I couldn't give 2 hoots if they are going to fund the loses, more fool them however anybody with half a brain knows that they won't do it forever.

Astute

Answer your question with another question?

ccfc92

We are having a conversation and it centres around Astutes absurd and deliberately provocative comment as to teaching a child what is right and wrong. What is wrong is to show disrespect to authority, to commit crime, to show xenophobia or racist behaviour -- it is not wrong to attend a football match.

Curiously I suspect Astute would think it was wrong to follow a club at a temporary home as it supports the owners but if he was a fan of, say, Blackpool he would see no moral issue in giving that owner his and his childs money as they play in their home town.

if northampton took CCFC in between HR and the Ricoh being finished, then fair enough, but we have no reason to not be at the ricoh

hill83

1328206526-tumblr_lyrou2rxua1qzk73xo1_500.gif

Grendel

Answer your question with another question?

I've asked you several times to explain your initial statement as to why it would be wrong and erm you seem to be struggling for an answer.

James Smith

key word being Coventry.

love your count UP btw :D

Thanks for reminding me, it needed updating - we're approaching the big 300 soon.

Grendel

Please don't point out the facts.

So in your view those facts are a bigger wrong than applauding withi your child (let's say daughter) a serial abuser of women if he scored a goal?

Grendel

Thanks for reminding me, it needed updating - we're approaching the big 300 soon.

But you wouldn't have watched them once in those 300 days even of they were in Coventry would you?

Grendel

I'm asking Tony or astute what's the biggest crime? Playing in Northampton or being a convicted felon for offences against women?

skybluetony176

I love the way people say that they are funding the losses like they are making a charitable donation. Is it not fair to say that they are borrowing the money from either their investors and/or ARVO? Surely this money is then saddled to the club as debt and the club pay interest on this debt. Sounds more like a pay day loan to me only no one knows when or how the pay day is coming.

ccfc92

I'm asking Tony or astute what's the biggest crime? Playing in Northampton or being a convicted felon for offences against women?

and I'm saying "Really?" to bringing into a debate of playing home games with deciding if a father should should support a player who has "an alleged history?"

Astute

What a load of shit.

I have 4 kids that are now adults. 3 of them are doing well. 1 has his problems but is doing OK considering. My 12 year old daughter has already reached the level needed in all subjects but one that she needs to reach by 16. Yet you think I know nothing about bringing kids up.

Try respect, knowing right from wrong, follow your beliefs, try your best always, don't bow down to bullies and help others when you can.

Who has said it is wrong to go to a football game? I see it as being wrong for us to have to go to Northampton though. And all for some faceless investors. But have I ever told you not to go though? Not my fault that my moral standing is higher than yours.

I won't make comments on whether I would go to watch other clubs that I know nothing about. I do know about my club though. We shouldn't be playing in Sixfans so I won't go whatever. When we move back to Coventry I will be back. I am not like you that continually says that you are protesting by not going and then goes whilst trying to wind people up about it. It is in Coventry or away only for me.

Users who are viewing this thread