Trust, Young Fans Good idea (2 Viewers)

skybluetony176

I'm asking Tony or astute what's the biggest crime? Playing in Northampton or being a convicted felon for offences against women?

No. You're looking to piss on a positive story regarding the Trust from your very first post and everyone since.

Guess what. You've failed. All you've done is show yourself up for the bitter little man you are.

Grendel

and I'm saying "Really?" to bringing into a debate of playing home games with deciding if a father should should support a player who has "an alleged history?"

"An alleged history" - Jesus fucking Christ - "daddy hasn't Marlon king been convicted of 13,criminal offenses mostly against women"

Dad - "no, no, no they were all mistakes - unless he signs for another club then we boo the evil woman beating bastard"

skybluegod

Fuck it then, let's just give in because nopm isn't working. This is not the reason most fans choose not to attend, CCFC are playing their home games 35 miles away from their home city, how the hell is this my local club. I couldn't give 2 hoots if they are going to fund the loses, more fool them however anybody with half a brain knows that they won't do it forever.

Did I give nopm as the only reason? No. Anybody with a brain knows that we are only allowed in Northampton for 5 years max and the FL have to see signs of intent to move back each year. As my main point said. I'd you chose not to go out of principle then I respect that.

mrbluesky87

O
Thank you for your marvellous contribution to the debate.
Come on then Grendel, what is your contribution in this whole debacle, you are a master at knocking those who want to protest, who want to make a stand against our owners yet you bring nothing to the table, we are all waiting. For the record I do not want to discuss Marlon Kings past with my 8 year old child, really however he understands for himself that playing in Northampton is 100% wrong and has decided for himself that he wishes not to go.

ccfc92

"An alleged history" - Jesus fucking Christ - "daddy hasn't Marlon king been convicted of 13,criminal offenses mostly against women"

Dad - "no, no, no they were all mistakes - unless he signs for another club then we boo the evil woman beating bastard"

were you there? I never objected to his signing before you use the moral high ground.

I'm just saying how can you compare a player signing with "a background" shall we say to the club being moved out of the City?

skybluegod

I love the way people say that they are funding the losses like they are making a charitable donation. Is it not fair to say that they are borrowing the money from either their investors and/or ARVO? Surely this money is then saddled to the club as debt and the club pay interest on this debt. Sounds more like a pay day loan to me only no one knows when or how the pay day is coming.

Well avro is all part of the same business as otium. So no it all links back to one company so only one company is technically funding the losses. Or am I wrong? Haha

skybluetony176

Well avro is all part of the same business as otium. So no it all links back to one company so only one company is technically funding the losses. Or am I wrong? Haha

Loaning not funding. When the national lottery funds projects in the community do they get that money back with interest? At best they are bank rolling their own failing company and we could debate all night the reasons why its failing.

James Smith

But you wouldn't have watched them once in those 300 days even of they were in Coventry would you?

Oh I would have, just as I did before we were self exiled by our owners to Northampton. I used to either ask for my days off during the week to be together if possible so that I could attend a midweek home evening kick off and spend the night in Coventry. Or occasionally I can take a days holiday on a Saturday/Sunday and go, but this isn't great for my colleagues.

Grendel

were you there? I never objected to his signing before you use the moral high ground.

I'm just saying how can you compare a player signing with "a background" shall we say to the club being moved out of the City?

Because his background is the far worse crime

Rusty Trombone

Well done to the Trust for organising this.

I think it's wrong to go to Sixfields as there was no need to move, the revised offers were good enough for the club to make a profit as long as they didn't do anything silly like pay 107% of the income on wages, or charge themselves £1.8m interest.

Even if you think the offers weren't good enough then, they are now, so still no need to be in Northampton.

Our owners haven't got hold of the prize they desire yet, and I think it's important from an individual point of view to show that what they are doing is not right, it's not the right way to do business, it's not the right way to treat people.

Obviously people are free to disagree, and people are free to go to Sixfields. I hope those people have a miserable time when they do go.

Grendel

No. You're looking to piss on a positive story regarding the Trust from your very first post and everyone since.

Guess what. You've failed. All you've done is show yourself up for the bitter little man you are.

Actually I made a one line observation that they should encourage young fans to attend games at Sixfields. That is not "pissing" on anything.

The trust's primary function has to be the long term preservation of the club. This means it needs to preserve the fanbase for the long term. Whatever the short term implications it is therefore vital that younger supporters are encouraged to attend

The problem with the trust is that it is ending up following the mantra of people like you - short termists who scream ~SISU, shitsfields and somehow believe this is solving the issue. It has a duty to do the right thing long term even if that makes it unpopular with some who fail to understand what is required. It needs a long term fanbase. The trust hierarchy I suspect are not long term or straegic visionists and they are not the type of people who will negotiate and make decisions that they do not like but are for the long term good.

They should be promoting the club and encouraging fans to attend.

ccfc92

Actually I made a one line observation that they should encourage young fans to attend games at Sixfields. That is not "pissing" on anything.

The trust's primary function has to be the long term preservation of the club. This means it needs to preserve the fanbase for the long term. Whatever the short term implications it is therefore vital that younger supporters are encouraged to attend

The problem with the trust is that it is ending up following the mantra of people like you - short termists who scream ~SISU, shitsfields and somehow believe this is solving the issue. It has a duty to do the right thing long term even if that makes it unpopular with some who fail to understand what is required. It needs a long term fanbase. The trust hierarchy I suspect are not long term or straegic visionists and they are not the type of people who will negotiate and make decisions that they do not like but are for the long term good.

Even though your points a correct regarding the SBT, the whole point of ccfc is that they play in Coventry and represent the city. That's why we are so affectionate towards ccfc.

Grendel

Even though your points a correct regarding the SBT, the whole point of ccfc is that they play in Coventry and represent the city. That's why we are so affectionate towards ccfc.

And they have to assume the club will return -- if they do not believe that then they may as well cease to exist.

mrbluesky87

Absolutely so therefore I hope the trust can arrange more away days like this for the young fans to keep the fire burning in the eventuality that the club return HOME.

letsallsingtogether

Yes but most kids actually don't want to go my lad hasn't been all season and half the time doesn't even know the score another season ticket holder lost.
I would have no problem driving him up to the ground and waiting for him till the end of the game but I will still never go in.

As for the trust they have asked their members and was the vote not to promote Shitfields?

I repeat why is it wrong? If a young child wanted to go what reason would you give to say no?

Astute

Yes but most kids actually don't want to go my lad hasn't been all season and half the time doesn't even know the score another season ticket holder lost.
I would have no problem driving him up to the ground and waiting for him till the end of the game but I will still never go in.

As for the trust they have asked their members and was the vote not to promote Shitfields?

You will never get to be a super fan with an attitude like that

torchomatic

You will never get to be a super fan with an attitude like that

Ah and hasn't your attitude changed? It wasn't too long ago that you insisted that you didn't judge what fans chose to do. Couldn't resist joining The Pack eh?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

And they have to assume the club will return -- if they do not believe that then they may as well cease to exist.

How will promoting the idea of watching Coventry in Northampton help to retain the younger fan base? 'The hallowed Sixfields turf was where my love for the City first started' isn't something I see happening. Going on the road to support the team up and down the country is however likely to be more successful.

Grendel

How will promoting the idea of watching Coventry in Northampton help to retain the younger fan base? 'The hallowed Sixfields turf was where my love for the City first started' isn't something I see happening. Going on the road to support the team up and down the country is however likely to be more successful.

It gets an interest going in the club. Many parents are not keen on taking young children to away games

skybluetony176

And taking them somewhere with as unsavoury an atmosphere as Sixfields is preferable?

My first CCFC game was at HR. It was the atmosphere that got it's hook in me and made me want to go back. That just ain't going to work at a ground where whistles outside are louder than the crowd inside.

The Trust have this exactly right. If you want to encourage a new generation don't take them to sixfields where the heart is missing.

whiteheadj

So you assume they will return to coventry.........says a lot about your views. I think you should educate yourself with what sisu do as a business mate. They asset strip, oh what's that we have no assets including the fact we have next to no experienced pro's and the ones we do have have not had any offers made to them. And the fact they unsettle other business's by taking them to court and keep appealing until they either sell them something, pay them lots of money or go out of business. Wait is that not what there doing here hmm so please explain to me why ccfc is so different to there normal business protocol? And when have they proven that they are going to treat ccfc different?

Let's face it joy doesn't get up in the morning and the first thing she does is check the football results to see how ccfc got on. No she couldn't care less about how the teams doing.

Brighton Sky Blue

My first CCFC game was at HR. It was the atmosphere that got it's hook in me and made me want to go back. That just ain't going to work at a ground where whistles outside are louder than the crowd inside.

The Trust have this exactly right. If you want to encourage a new generation don't take them to sixfields where the heart is missing.

We had a thread a while back where lots of people were talking about the first City game they went to (or for our older posters, could remember ;)). I couldn't see anybody talking half as fondly about their first game at Sixfields, a ground where one or two stands are empty and the 'hillers' make more noise than the crowd.

torchomatic

Users who are viewing this thread