Walker (2 Viewers)

PVA

Only if we sign another striker, there's no way we will play half a season with 3 strikers.

Or unless Tavares is considered good enough for 4th choice I suppose

fatso

He can't complain , he's fourth choice here, much like he was at Forest, and if Tavares continues his progress, then next season Walker won't even get a place on the bench.
If he leaves I think he will end up in league 1. Its a shame as I thought he would do well playing alongside Gyok.

Sick Boy

He can't complain , he's fourth choice here, much like he was at Forest, and if Tavares continues his progress, then next season Walker won't even get a place on the bench.
If he leaves I think he will end up in league 1. Its a shame as I thought he would do well playing alongside Gyok.
How many minutes has he played alongside him this season?

fatso

How many minutes has he played alongside him this season?
Very few, but that's the point, MR obviously doesn't think he's earnt the minutes.
In a way, his biggest contribution has been to give the other strikers the competition they need to up their game.
I feel for him, as he's a very decent finisher, but he just doesn't seem to fit our pressing style I guess.

Sick Boy

Very few, but that's the point, MR obviously doesn't think he's earnt the minutes.
In a way, his biggest contribution has been to give the other strikers the competition they need to up their game.
I feel for him, as he's a very decent finisher, but he just doesn't seem to fit our pressing style I guess.
He scored a goal of goals and then has hardly played since....he deserves more a chance to show what he can do before being written off.

NorthernWisdom

I still think Walker is the best striker at the club, but it's becoming increasingly clear his attributes aren't what the manager wants for his team, ahead of some others. It's looking more and more as if it's best for all parties if he leaves, goes to a club better suited to him, and we can get a striker in who's better suited to what the manager wants.

fatso

He scored a goal of goals and then has hardly played since....he deserves more a chance to show what he can do before being written off.
He ain't being written off, but for the sake of his career, he needs to move on.
When Waghorn is fit, Walker is in no man's land. He must realise by now that his opportunities are going to be very few and far between.

stay_up_skyblues

He’ll get his chance and will score more goals. Personally think he’s an excellent 3rd/4th choice option for us and not quite sure why some fans are so concerned with his own career progression and wishing him a move away. If he’s happy playing back up for now who are we to complain? We will struggle to find another striker that good content to warm the bench for prolonged periods.

SBAndy

I still think Walker is the best striker at the club, but it's becoming increasingly clear his attributes aren't what the manager wants for his team, ahead of some others. It's looking more and more as if it's best for all parties if he leaves, goes to a club better suited to him, and we can get a striker in who's better suited to what the manager wants.

My thoughts exactly. I really want to see him play a lot more than he is, but it’s clear that it isn’t going to happen. Sell him and bring in a couple of players with the proceeds.

Edit: a lot of us made the point in pre-season that we’re heading into the season with 4 starting-quality strikers and yet no cover in other areas. Address that.

Hertsccfc

He’ll get his chance and will score more goals. Personally think he’s an excellent 3rd/4th choice option for us and not quite sure why some fans are so concerned with his own career progression and wishing him a move away. If he’s happy playing back up for now who are we to complain? We will struggle to find another striker that good content to warm the bench for prolonged periods.
Yes I find the obsession about him odd. He's a good option for us to have. But it's like Biamou again. Not as bad as some say and not as good as others seem to think at least at this stage.

FulltimeWum

He played well at Blackburn. Lots of lifting his head and looking for receivers. Helped tire out their defenders.

Moff

Godden has 7 in 13 already and vik is vik .. where does he get in ?

I think it’s more the point that if we chasing games or in need of a goal, why does Robins consistently give him so little time as a sub?

stay_up_skyblues

It’s difficult because Godden is our best chance of a late goal as he has proven and when you take Vic off we lose our focal point. So with the main two fit, or when we’re playing one up top away from home, Walker understandably has to bide his time. When Godden inevitably gets injured he will get (and take I’m sure) his minutes.

Sick Boy

Yes I find the obsession about him odd. He's a good option for us to have. But it's like Biamou again. Not as bad as some say and not as good as others seem to think at least at this stage.
Apart from Biamou was nowhere near good enough.

Users who are viewing this thread