Walker (5 Viewers)

Evo1883

I think he will be gone either in January or end of the season .. just my opinion

fatso

He played well at Blackburn. Lots of lifting his head and looking for receivers. Helped tire out their defenders.
Yes He played well against Blackburn but Gyok, Godden and Waghorn have played well against just about everyone.
You just can't keep 4 decent strikers happy all the time I guess.

FulltimeWum

Waghorn can play the O Hare role when teams are giving Callum a chance. Someone who is going to push over defenders and just be a pain in the bum.

Sick Boy

It'll be interesting to see what the pecking order is once Waghorn returns. One of them is going to get very little game time.
They’re completely different players so I doubt one is going to be an automatic preference over the other.

Liquid Gold

I really like the lad but if we could recoup our outlay from a team like Posh in January then it’s a no brainier as he’s clearly not the type of striker the manager wants.

ms639

He’s 4th best striker at the club and definitely not indispensable, pack his bags I say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CCFCSteve

I hope he stays and bides his time but would understand it if he wanted first team football at his age. Waghorn and Godden arent getting any younger but still got a couple of years in them as neither rely on pace.

I do think Robins could keep him happier by getting him on sooner. Swansea and Blues are two games off the top of my head when I thought he should’ve been on a lot earlier

SleepyGinger

Writing seemed to be on the wall when he scored in successive games and was dropped. They were his only starts in the league and he scored in both. 1 goal in 1 start in the cup too.

lord_garrincha

If a club wants to meet Walker's valuation in January, would the priority be competition for O'Hare, as opposed to another striker.

CovBrummie94

He left Forest in search of game time and think it will be the same outcome. I rate him but he’s 4th choice in a fit squad and will want to be playing somewhere week in week out.

We should only sell if the right offer comes in though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

People banging on about Walker and Shipley leaving in January.

The club would want money for both players. No club in League 1 has any money to pay even half of what Walker cost.

Neither will go on loan either. What do we get from sending either out on loan? Again, clubs lower down won't fancy paying the wages.

We will unfortunately struggle to get rid of any of the deadwood in January. That includes Jobello and Hilsner unless we pay off their contracts.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I think we probably will look to offload if a suitable offer comes in as Tavares will be chomping at the bit, I reckon also if we could reinvest would play a part in if that happens as well

Hertsccfc

We need a squad of players. Yesterday showed the impact of afew injuries. Not everyone who is good necessarily plays every week.

better days

People banging on about Walker and Shipley leaving in January.

The club would want money for both players. No club in League 1 has any money to pay even half of what Walker cost.

Neither will go on loan either. What do we get from sending either out on loan? Again, clubs lower down won't fancy paying the wages.

We will unfortunately struggle to get rid of any of the deadwood in January. That includes Jobello and Hilsner unless we pay off their contracts.
Actually I believe that some of these lads would have gone out on loan but we wanted the clubs to pay their full salaries
Don't know the details so there are undoubtedly two sides to the story

Hertsccfc

Writing seemed to be on the wall when he scored in successive games and was dropped. They were his only starts in the league and he scored in both. 1 goal in 1 start in the cup too.
People keep going on about this but Gyokeres and Godden were also scoring at that time. It was some sort of slight on Walker. This healthy competition for places.

Users who are viewing this thread