Walker (2 Viewers)

Skybluefaz

Robins is turning Walker into JCH 2.0.

A great penalty box striker that MR has no idea how to use because our strikers have to work out of possession and be involved in build-up play. Watch us sell him to League 1 and instantly turn back into a 20-goal striker because he'll finally get service.

giphy.gif

slowpoke

Of all the on-field positions strikers need a run of games to get established that’s a tough ask with Matty Godden & Vik in pole position.

cc84cov

Robins is turning Walker into JCH 2.0.

A great penalty box striker that MR has no idea how to use because our strikers have to work out of possession and be involved in build-up play. Watch us sell him to League 1 and instantly turn back into a 20-goal striker because he'll finally get service.
With no sell on clause

Again...

rexo87

Won’t be gone in Jan. still over half the season to go. He will get a run of games at some point which will make or break his career with us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CDK

Seems unfair to me to judge him to harshly as I feel godden is blocking his way by scoring goals which is correct as a player he will know is more of a like for like replacement.getting 10 minutes off the bench anybody would be disappointed and not show what there capable of.

Liquid Gold

Seems unfair to me to judge him to harshly as I feel godden is blocking his way by scoring goals which is correct as a player he will know is more of a like for like replacement.getting 10 minutes off the bench anybody would be disappointed and not show what there capable of.
But when Walker was scoring it didn't prevent Godden's path back into the team.

It's clear MR prefers his other options.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I think Walker only played because Godden was suspended really. I don´t think MR had any intention of keeping him in the team. He scored twice and did a job, but I think our other options are better.

Not sure we will see him leave in January, but I think there are three or four players that I would move on to bring in replacements if we could.

shmmeee

He’s way down the list of players to move on but it does fee very much like Robins doesn’t want to use him and he doesn’t want to become a totally different type of striker. Real shame cos I rate him, he’s young, quick, prolific. But it may be he’s best off elsewhere.

1ccfc

It's all guess work but I wouldn't be surprised if his signing from Forest included payments based on appearances etc. It's not often flat fees are agreed, there are normally clauses and add ons. According to wiki he's played 47 games. Maybe 50 games would result in a payment to Forest which we haven't got, and MR has been told not to play him. Maybe MR would rather keep those funds for January and use the other strikers?

Skybluefaz

It's all guess work but I wouldn't be surprised if his signing from Forest included payments based on appearances etc. It's not often flat fees are agreed, there are normally clauses and add ons. According to wiki he's played 47 games. Maybe 50 games would result in a payment to Forest which we haven't got, and MR has been told not to play him. Maybe MR would rather keep those funds for January and use the other strikers?
There is always this post. If this was the case why would he bring him on for 2 minutes at the end of matches?

Marty

I like walker, excellent finisher of the ball, strikes it so cleanly, but, I don't think we suit his style of play. Don't think we should sell as we'll be down to bare bones up front but if we could do a bit of wheeling and dealing. Maybe bring in another forward on loan and then bring in a talented AM from league one (twine) maybe worth the sacrifice

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

He’s way down the list of players to move on but it does fee very much like Robins doesn’t want to use him and he doesn’t want to become a totally different type of striker. Real shame cos I rate him, he’s young, quick, prolific. But it may be he’s best off elsewhere.
I agree but I hope he does get enough time on the pitch for us as I think it would be difficult to get a squad striker of his quality. When Waghorn comes back it may well be he features even less and as much as I think he's a good finisher for his own career and well-being it might be best for him to leave.

CDK

I like walker, excellent finisher of the ball, strikes it so cleanly, but, I don't think we suit his style of play. Don't think we should sell as we'll be down to bare bones up front but if we could do a bit of wheeling and dealing. Maybe bring in another forward on loan and then bring in a talented AM from league one (twine) maybe worth the sacrifice
What type of forward do you replace him with a direct replacement for gyo? without guarantee of return of goals ?
You can't replacment of godden as he's there walker is the most likely to do the job.

CDK

Think robins will keep him and I would like him and want him to stay,as his time will come.

JonesBob

MR waited a number of years to get Walker and I can't see him getting rid of him. I think, if we are honest, we are doing better even more than the most positive of supporters would wish, and that has transpired into our forwards taking it to another level. Viktor started amazingly and although his goals have dried up he is still in impressive form. Godden has now taken over from Viktor but i remember many City fans suggesting Godden would be gone at the start of the season. Waghorn is a class player at this level and when fit will score 1 in every 3 or 4 games. That leaves Walker and now, as we all need a common enemy, he has become the darling of the booboys. give Walker time and he will turn into something special.

shmmeee

MR waited a number of years to get Walker and I can't see him getting rid of him. I think, if we are honest, we are doing better even more than the most positive of supporters would wish, and that has transpired into our forwards taking it to another level. Viktor started amazingly and although his goals have dried up he is still in impressive form. Godden has now taken over from Viktor but i remember many City fans suggesting Godden would be gone at the start of the season. Waghorn is a class player at this level and when fit will score 1 in every 3 or 4 games. That leaves Walker and now, as we all need a common enemy, he has become the darling of the booboys. give Walker time and he will turn into something special.

Agree with a lot of that but Waghorn has never been that prolific at this level. It’s fine, he has other attributes, but he’s not a goal scorer like the others.

Old Warwickshire lad

Walker is a player we should keep. He has all the attributes to be a 20 goal a season striker.
He can do the hard bit now he needs to do the easy bit, the high press our game depends on.
He can’t make it easy for them to play out from the back. He seems to close defenders down, but after a couple of passes he thinks “ ahh well done my bit” and stop. That’s when people get on his back.

Users who are viewing this thread