Walking Dead Season 6 (4 Viewers)

Otis

Are Lesbians invincible now?
No more than they have always been!

Do people seriously think the writers of the Walking Dead would deliberately set out to kill a lesbian character because she is a lesbian?

Part of the accusation is that in the comic Abraham gets the arrow in the eye. But haven't the TV producers said quite deliberately that they couldn't just follow the comics because that would take all the suspense out of the show!

The way I see this is they killed Denise for one of these reasons;

1. She's a rookie and they quite often kill off those who just can't make it out there.

2. Because she is the doctor. Think they may well be a story arc in the future in regard to them having no doctor.

3. Because she is an innocent, who doesn't deserve to die. Those ones sometimes hit the group the hardest.

Otis

Or

4. She just wasn't that interesting a character.

Now just waiting for Rosita to be killed off so there is the accusation of killing off Hispanics!

ajsccfc

Black characters being killed on the show had become a bit of a meme, but not in a serious protest HOW DARE THEY kind of way.

This is just a load of old wank though. She wasn't killed because she was a lesbian, it's because she was background character #34 who was lucky enough to be given more than a few minutes of screen time.

If they were Burying The Gays as is apparently suggested, Tara wouldn't have lasted this long and they could have easily killed Aaron any time they liked.

Otis

Black characters being killed on the show had become a bit of a meme, but not in a serious protest HOW DARE THEY kind of way.

This is just a load of old wank though. She wasn't killed because she was a lesbian, it's because she was background character #34 who was lucky enough to be given more than a few minutes of screen time.

If they were Burying The Gays as is apparently suggested, Tara wouldn't have lasted this long and they could have easily killed Aaron any time they liked.
Plus there are loads of characters on the show who have never shown their sexuality. This is isn't that type of show and the focus in the zombie world hardly ever gives time for people to breathe.

Would guess there would be more gay and lesbian characters in Alexandria, but we just don't know about them.

Really don't like this 'counting lesbians.' I don't count how many black people there are in Alexandria. I don't look and think 'Ooh, Sasha is a black person,' to me she is just one of the team.

What difference does it make anyway if there is only one known lesbian left in TWD?

It's a nonsense. If there are more lesbians, which there probably are, then I wouldn't have thought that during a zombie apocalypse would be the time to come out and declare it!

Denise to me was the doctor. The fact that she was lesbian was neither here nor there. She was a peripheral character, but the main characteristic of her was that she was the doctor, not that she was a lesbian, surely!

ajsccfc

Same. Her character was doctor way ahead of being a girl, being white or being gay. No characters have been defined by gender or sexuality that I can recall, and even race only came up properly between T-Dogg and Merle getting into their racist scrap early doors.

Otis

Same. Her character was doctor way ahead of being a girl, being white or being gay. No characters have been defined by gender or sexuality that I can recall, and even race only came up properly between T-Dogg and Merle getting into their racist scrap early doors.
Yep. Never even been an issue since then. Much bigger fish to fry!

Otis

I'm actually very surprised that no-one from the zombie community has come forward protesting about the amount of walkers that are killed every show.

Racism at it's most extreme. Don't even allow them the dignity of a proper burial either.

chiefdave

FFS, people are just looking for stuff to complain about. This kind of thing doesn't even cross my mind and I'm sure it doesn't cross the minds of the writers either.

And if you're going to pick on any show then I wouldn't have thought TWD was a prime target, they've had a decent number of strong female characters, something you can't always say.

Otis

FFS, people are just looking for stuff to complain about. This kind of thing doesn't even cross my mind and I'm sure it doesn't cross the minds of the writers either.

And if you're going to pick on any show then I wouldn't have thought TWD was a prime target, they've had a decent number of strong female characters, something you can't always say.
Well in view of all this, I now think at least one person on the show should be a transvestite, so I nominate Daryl to now start wearing long flowing frocks on every road trip.

Sky_Blue_Daz

A bit of a slow episode but still enjoyed it
Some of Abrahams one liners are brilliant

King of the Lesbians

Just watched last weeks episode. Eugene needs to die. His character annoys the fuck out of me. And his hair.
Seems people were right about Carol I guess.
You just knew the lesbian was going to die as soon as she got in the car. She may as well have been wearing the Star Trek red kit.

I imagine tonight will be one big teaser for next weeks finale...

Sky_Blue_Daz

Just about to watch it
See you on the other side

ajsccfc

I had Daryl as getting killed in the finale, but now I don't see that happening. One theory I read that I now fancy will happen is that Negan will kill nobody. He'll point his bat at his intended victim and that's the end of the season

Otis

I had Daryl as getting killed in the finale, but now I don't see that happening. One theory I read that I now fancy will happen is that Negan will kill nobody. He'll point his bat at his intended victim and that's the end of the season
Hmmm, but then why did Andrew Lincoln and Lauren Cohen both say that the finale script made them sick to their stomachs?

It's all about duo's.

Rick and Michonne

Glen and Maggie

Abraham and Rosita

Daryl and Carol.

One to be sacrificed for the other.

Well, to my mind, not Glen (already been killed off once) and not Maggie, as she is seemingly losing her baby and will surely just be back at Alexandria.

Not Michonne (too key). Any other Rick love interest, then yes, but no, not Michonne.

Abraham? Yep. Think he might go anyway.

Leaving Daryl and Carol.

Daryl shot last night, though seemingly just injured. Already hated and despised by the Saviours, so number one suspect for Lucille!

But, Carol (who has seemingly been broken and all but given up on life) will step in, in Daryl's place and she will be bludgeoned to death.

So, Carol!!! Daryl is now too obvious and everyone is expecting it.

Carol to step in last minute and take Daryl's place. The rosary necklace thing wrapped round Negan's bat to give to give extra bit of spice to the mashing up of her skull.

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Daz

So is anyone watching them on the Sunday night of so how ?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Me and the missus reckon Carol has had her chips. Shame really, because as an old fart, I consider her to be a bit of a babe (for her age!) ;) Cracking figure for someone aged 50!

Sky_Blue_Daz

It looked like Daryl was shot in the shoulder

King of the Lesbians

So is anyone watching them on the Sunday night of so how ?

My lad watches it on putlocker.

It did look like Daryl got hit in the shoulder. But who can tell. I thought Glen was dead a few weeks back!
Was reading that Negan has a thing about killing women so if Carol does die it probably won't be at his hands...

Otis

My lad watches it on putlocker.

It did look like Daryl got hit in the shoulder. But who can tell. I thought Glen was dead a few weeks back!
Was reading that Negan has a thing about killing women so if Carol does die it probably won't be at his hands...
But then where's the shock?

They have already said they are going to take a left turn on the comics.

If Negan won't kill women and it's a major character to go, that only leaves Rick, Glen or Daryl.

In the comic Negan kills Glen, so if it's a left turn then it can't be him.

If it's Daryl that is completely expected, so where is the shock? He's prime suspect. Killed Saviours and got right up their noses.

Morgan? Who cares about him anymore? No shock to be had there at all.

That leaves Rick. Can't believe for a second they will kill Rick. Rick is the driving force of the group and of the show.

Maybe he doesn't usually kill women, but at this first initial meet you can only assume Negan wants to make a statement.

My money still on Carol!!

Will you barstewards who watch on Sunday though please don't say anything on here before the UK TV showing on Monday night!

Much appreciated.

ajsccfc

I'm on full lockdown Monday, not a peep of any internet that could possibly spoil a thing.

We should have a Lucille sweepstake!

King of the Lesbians

But then where's the shock?

They have already said they are going to take a left turn on the comics.

If Negan won't kill women and it's a major character to go, that only leaves Rick, Glen or Daryl.

In the comic Negan kills Glen, so if it's a left turn then it can't be him.

If it's Daryl that is completely expected, so where is the shock? He's prime suspect. Killed Saviours and got right up their noses.

Morgan? Who cares about him anymore? No shock to be had there at all.

That leaves Rick. Can't believe for a second they will kill Rick. Rick is the driving force of the group and of the show.

Maybe he doesn't usually kill women, but at this first initial meet you can only assume Negan wants to make a statement.

My money still on Carol!!

Will you barstewards who watch on Sunday though please don't say anything on here before the UK TV showing on Monday night!

Much appreciated.

I feel like I've been slapped down by Miss Marple! ;)

I don't watch the early feeds myself…nothing better than a 42" zombie all up in your face...

Otis

And Miss Marple makes me feel very old.

Already feel old enough because I don't think anyone got my Lucille Ball joke! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread