Match Thread Walsall v Coventry Match Thread - Saturday 29th Oct (1 Viewer)

Otis

Mowbray had turned into a car crash mate. I wish you'd drop it because I hate to keep criticising a man I hold in very high regard but he'd lost it.
I doubt we would have turned things round if he was still here, he knew that as well which is why he walked.
I agree with this. I really rated Mowbray, but there was only one way we were going with him at the helm unfortunately.

He was great when things were great, but when it all started to unravel so did he.

He tinkered with systems that clearly didn't work and though we may well have avoided relegation I do think we would have been hovering around the bottom of the table at best.

He had indeed lost it and am sorry to have to say that.

Nice bloke.

chiefdave

Rose in his interview was particularly telling. Now playing a formation that much more suits the players. Wing backs didn't work. Everyone focused on their job.
Another player, forget who, said similar a few days ago. That now he knew where he was supposed to be playing and what was expected of him.

What the hell was going on before, seems very odd to me.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
HH...this is the second time I've seen you use 'YAY' in a post.

I'd like to remind you that 'YAY' is something that's said by the younger generation, especially females!

I'll let you off this once...!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But I like the younger generation, especially females! (Not too young, I hasten to add!!! LOL!)

Sky Blue Harry H

Get carried out of where ...?!
I'm going on Tuesday,but if I get carried out, it's because I'll have had one too many sherberts!!

bawtryneal

Stokes to come back too.

Be like a new signing.

Cracking League One player.
Let's not get carried away, it would be like us to go and get beat by Chesterfield when it looks like a home banker. Just need to keep this run going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree 100%. Win on Tuesday and we are on a roll. Lose or draw and back to usual CCFC
Key and pivotal game in this season for me
PUSB Lets all support the team on Tuesday. No negative shit.

robbiekeane

Another player, forget who, said similar a few days ago. That now he knew where he was supposed to be playing and what was expected of him.

What the hell was going on before, seems very odd to me.
Sterry. Said he feels much more comfortable not playing wing back and knows his role now

Otis

Just seen the goals. Anyone think Burge could have done better for their equaliser?

Watched it a few times and slowed it down and it appears that he doesn't go for the ball with a fully outstretched arm or palm.

Might have made no difference perhaps, but I am not sure.

It was well placed but not hit with any force at all.

covhead1

I agree with this. I really rated Mowbray, but there was only one way we were going with him at the helm unfortunately.

He was great when things were great, but when it all started to unravel so did he.

He tinkered with systems that clearly didn't work and though we may well have avoided relegation I do think we would have been hovering around the bottom of the table at best.

He had indeed lost it and am sorry to have to say that.

Nice bloke.

Yeah but football ain't about how nice someone is, it's about winning games and Mobray could no longer deliver so he had to go.
Venus is ( for whatever reason) managing to motivate a very mediocre team into playing with a bit of passion and pride. Results are now coming our way and thank fuck for that.

Otis

what does it look like,

I wondered at the time why he didn't extend his arm, does that show in the clip ?
Yep. Doesn't fully go for it. Could be he knew it was last him of course, but I think he could have made more of an effort.

Last edited:

Otis

Yeah but football ain't about how nice someone is, it's about winning games and Mobray could no longer deliver so he had to go.
Venus is ( for whatever reason) managing to motivate a very mediocre team into playing with a bit of passion and pride. Results are now coming our way and thank fuck for that.
The 'nice bloke' was an aside.

covcity4life

Just seen the goals. Anyone think Burge could have done better for their equaliser?

Watched it a few times and slowed it down and it appears that he doesn't go for the ball with a fully outstretched arm or palm.

Burges has habit of admitting defeat too early but not sure this one is a case of that. otzumer has put it right in corner with pace in shot too

Maybe Willis could have closed it down earlier. Turnbull with a valiant attempt

dongonzalos

1-1 draw with Walsall away.
There are a tough team in this division.
We need to draw these games and win the home games.

Hadji10

Just watched the goal again and it's just out of pure hatred for the bloke for some weird reason, the shot goes through Willis and Turnbulls legs, he wouldn't have seen it till late and it was right in the corner.

Go boil ya fucking heads. RCC has made about 5 game changing fucking errors this season and not a fucking word.

It's because he chats utter shit on Twitter and interacts with the fans though, innit?

robbiekeane

Just watched the goal again and it's just out of pure hatred for the bloke for some weird reason, the shot goes through Willis and Turnbulls legs, he wouldn't have seen it till late and it was right in the corner.

Go boil ya fucking heads. RCC has made about 5 game changing fucking errors this season and not a fucking word.

It's because he chats utter shit on Twitter and interacts with the fans though, innit?
You alright pal?

higgs

We should have been out of sight at that stage anyway its the clowns up top you should be blaming for not wrapping up the game

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

covhead1

Yes, he could have saved that one.

covcity4life

Because he's fucking shit and let's a soft goal in every other game is why I don't like him.
Why are you bringing race into it though? I have heard people say stuff like I just don't trust blacks in goal when I'm down ricoh so it's nothing something to joke about

And I stood up for burge just a few posts above so don't worry I don't hate white people

Also should remind you that you have said on this very forum that rcc is shit but burge is worse

Users who are viewing this thread