Wasps going into admin & the impact on CCFC (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky Blue Harry H

If we are talking crisps, it has to be McCoy's cheese and onion.

Every Chees & Onion flavoured crisp like object gets left in our house for me to finish off (otherwise their would be a mountain of them lying around)

Gaz71

Brannigans roast
e41b8cea79d1e71dc75b4f1a3355dd6b.jpg

beef and mustard were the best, sadly no longer with us.

Bugsy

284 pages in and we’re still none the wiser!

For what it’s worth, you can’t beat Monster munch!

Flaming hot 🔥

torchomatic

wingy

Woken up and decided I cba to keep up anymore personally... I'm just going to support the team every week and then be slightly surprised when we occasionally play a home game in Burton or Budapest or wherever but I've had enough of all this exhausting nonsense for now I think ⚽️
Keep Kieran in the loop when you're going over to watch and you can take some of those treat's he can't get over there!!😊

Last edited:

ccfcrob

We could go for a Picnic, especially if we start to get the Munchies. Maybe hop on a bus there on a Double Decker. Not too close to a dogging site though, otherwise we might get to see a Whole Nut. 😱

If I get in all the chocolate bars except one for the Picnic basket, you can be left with the other one to get and then you can be the Fudge packer.

When we get there we can then just lie back and stare at the Milky Way, on the off chance we get to see a Starburst, or even Mars.

We may have to Wispa though, so as not to disturb anyone and maybe if I get lucky, you could show me your Curly Wurlys and give me a Chocolate Finger. Some people are so prudish though, so keep an eye out for the Snowflakes.

Best of all, if we are really bold, maybe we can be Heroes, just for one day.

Then it's off to the zoo to see a Penguin.

🤪
FFS

wingy

We could go for a Picnic, especially if we start to get the Munchies. Maybe hop on a bus there on a Double Decker. Not too close to a dogging site though, otherwise we might get to see a Whole Nut. 😱

If I get in all the chocolate bars except one for the Picnic basket, you can be left with the other one to get and then you can be the Fudge packer.

When we get there we can then just lie back and stare at the Milky Way, on the off chance we get to see a Starburst, or even Mars.

We may have to Wispa though, so as not to disturb anyone and maybe if I get lucky, you could show me your Curly Wurlys and give me a Chocolate Finger. Some people are so prudish though, so keep an eye out for the Snowflakes.

Best of all, if we are really bold, maybe we can be Heroes, just for one day.

Then it's off to the zoo to see a Penguin.

🤪
Oh Otis 🤭

Skyblueweeman

For what its worth a good friend who is a director of a League 2 team told me recently that it is not uncommon particularly in the lower leagues for owners to tell the manager to ensure the club is not promoted. Top at Xmas followed by bad run....

Sorry Gibbo, have to totally disagree on this point! Having worked and currently working with a number of lower league clubs - with contacts at board level - some of who are also good friends, I've never heard this once. I guess there could be a case of 'well they wouldn't tell you that' but I've not heard that from one club - quite the opposite. Yes costs etc go up but so does revenue - all clubs (from my experience of working closely with them), all want to get promoted.

Not doubting what your friend told you but I definitely don't think it's common for lower league club owners to tell the teams to ease off in the NY to miss out on promotion.

wingy

The two actual pieces in print I've read say it's Frasers business vehicle that appears linked .
So obviously part of their property portfolio with facilitating the various group operations. Likely to get others in to carry out the functions?
So not an acquisition from private wealth but we're led to believe a business sweetener/inducement for other aspirations, should they really exist.

djr8369

Woken up and decided I cba to keep up anymore personally... I'm just going to support the team every week and then be slightly surprised when we occasionally play a home game in Burton or Budapest or wherever but I've had enough of all this exhausting nonsense for now I think ⚽
Best for quality of life and keeping sane, IMO.

I’ll be on this thread hours every day.

slowpoke

Sorry Gibbo, have to totally disagree on this point! Having worked and currently working with a number of lower league clubs - with contacts at board level - some of who are also good friends, I've never heard this once. I guess there could be a case of 'well they wouldn't tell you that' but I've not heard that from one club - quite the opposite. Yes costs etc go up but so does revenue - all clubs (from my experience of working closely with them), all want to get promoted.

Not doubting what your friend told you but I definitely don't think it's common for lower league club owners to tell the teams to ease off in the NY to miss out on promotion.
Whilst in the main I agree you have to say in our darkest hours dropping from the championship to division four our chairman Tim Fisher and his at the time sidekick Steve Waggott did little to prevent our demise and it has been said may have welcomed it.

clint van damme

Woken up and decided I cba to keep up anymore personally... I'm just going to support the team every week and then be slightly surprised when we occasionally play a home game in Burton or Budapest or wherever but I've had enough of all this exhausting nonsense for now I think ⚽

Pretty much where I am.
Can't pretend I understand all the going on and even if I had the grasp that some on here appear to have its not going to make any difference to how long this takes to resolve itself.
Just hoping we're in a better position when it's all over.

Flying Fokker

Last edited:

slowpoke

Who is William Storey and why do Sunderland fans think he's buying us?
Just looked has a beard the late Robbie Coltrane would be proud of, net worth reported to be £33million, need a bit more than that I reckon. Bit of a wind up I think and hope.

SkyBlueSam01

Pretty much where I am.
Can't pretend I understand all the going on and even if I had the grasp that some on here appear to have its not going to make any difference to how long this takes to resolve itself.
Just hoping we're in a better position when it's all over.

Yeah completely agree

I'm genuinely surprised and impressed that so many people seem to be able to get their heads around admin and contract law enough to interpret it (accurately or not) but I don't have a fucking clue and each minute on this thread probably takes an hour off my life expectancy

Like you say it makes noooooo difference anyway

Brylowes

Where have you been the past eight years?
Touché :sneaky:
I‘m just saying if MA gets the arena SISU’s position here becomes pointless, there’s nothing left for them to aim for, in the past they’ve (however unlikely) always had a ‘pot of gold‘ at the end of a rainbow to chase after.
Years of court action, games of brinkmanship, Judicial review, 3x ground shares, watching the arena sold from under them ‘but always knowing that the arena owners financial model was always destined to fail.

If MA seals the deal for the arena, in all seriousness what have they left to aim for.
Their investors will want news/details of any potential future windfall in order ‘to warrant them sticking around’ in the past they have always been able to provide that……..I really don’t think they can if this deal goes through.

The Philosopher

A
Apparently a fantasist.

Got Haas racing team to advertise his seemingly non-existent energy drink.

Ignore. Move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread