What is the one food you could eat every day for the rest of your life (1 Viewer)

Grendel

I'm with HH. here
I will eat a pizza out of convenience
Purely due to it being a ten minute affair
when I'm doing stupid hours like now
but I certainly wouldn't coff up £20 + to have one delivered or go to a chain for one (Unless with kids)
Maximum spend £2 from Aldi or Asda.:-(

The Pizza Hut chain is a joke. It inflates prices to a stupid amount and then does special offers.

The list price really is absurd. It's more than a reasonable gastro pub meal.

You then end up with 2 pizzas and some very cold wedges or some other processed rubbish for the list price of 1 pizza.

If you only want 1 pizza it's bad news.

wingy

I'm with HH. here
I will eat a pizza out of convenience
Purely due to it being a ten minute affair
when I'm doing stupid hours like now
but I certainly wouldn't coff up £20 + to have one delivered or go to a chain for one (Unless with kids)
Maximum spend £2 from Aldi or Asda.:-(
Oh so my favourite comes in 3 categories
First fruit of the earth... Eggs Second. Meat Lamb
Third Dairy... cheese.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I love lots of food, if I had to eat one every day I would go for a sausage roll or a french baguette stickwith hot dogs

Johnnythespider

Apparently having a pizza oven in your back garden is the latest must have. My favourite would have to be nasi goreng, an Indonesian fried rice dish.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Otis

The Pizza Hut chain is a joke. It inflates prices to a stupid amount and then does special offers.

The list price really is absurd. It's more than a reasonable gastro pub meal.

You then end up with 2 pizzas and some very cold wedges or some other processed rubbish for the list price of 1 pizza.

If you only want 1 pizza it's bad news.
If you are talking inflated prices then look no further than Pizza Express.

Scandalous.

dancers lance

Pistachio ice cream (New Forest ice cream especially)
Pistachio ice cream has always been my favourite until i had home made Turkish delight ice cream the other week, it was amazing. I would eat a good hot curry every single day, and pickled eggs but I don't think neither my family our toilet could cope with the aftermath!
giphy.gif

Otis

Oh, meant to add, last time I went to Pizza Express I went just for a Margherita but with an extra topping.

Went for mushroom. It was £1.55 and no word of a lie it was one baby button mushroom chopped up. Definitely no more than one single tiny mushroom. I was so gobsmacked when I saw it I pieced it together to see just how small it was.

dancers lance

If you are talking inflated prices then look no further than Pizza Express.

Scandalous.
Has anyone had a Costco pizza? We get them often and they are great, and only cost a couple of quid.

dancers lance

Nope.

Aldi has done some very good pizzas in the past and they are very reasonably priced.
I find Aldi very good for most things, I always get the 28 day matured ribeye steaks (about £3.50) and I cook them on my griddle, they are far better than steaks you pay £20 - £30 for in restaurants.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Has anyone had a Costco pizza? We get them often and they are great, and only cost a couple of quid.

The ready cooked ones!? A woman in my office went & got 2 as she was leaving, it was 5 minutes from Costco to work and in the time she got the pizzas back to the offices the grease had seeped through the thick cardboard box the pizzas had pretty much fallen through, I had one slice and thought I had eaten a kilo of lard, makes me heave at the thought just when I hear the word Costco!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Oh, meant to add, last time I went to Pizza Express I went just for a Margherita but with an extra topping.

Went for mushroom. It was £1.55 and no word of a lie it was one baby button mushroom chopped up. Definitely no more than one single tiny mushroom. I was so gobsmacked when I saw it I pieced it together to see just how small it was.

All about the half off offer at Dominos when you spend £50!
:)

dancers lance

The ready cooked ones!? A woman in my office went & got 2 as she was leaving, it was 5 minutes from Costco to work and in the time she got the pizzas back to the offices the grease had seeped through the thick cardboard box the pizzas had pretty much fallen through, I had one slice and thought I had eaten a kilo of lard, makes me heave at the thought just when I hear the word Costco!
No, not the ready cooked ones, the square ones they make in the bakery and you cook at home.

armybike

If you're going down the pizza route, get BBQ sauce on the base rather than standard tomato sauce.....it's living the pizza dream :D

Gaz71

Yes, par boil then fryer, cream sauce is fried onions in Worcester sauce with a touch of brandy, then single cream and chopped parsley all in the pan you've just cooked the steak in.

dancers lance

Yes, par boil then fryer, cream sauce is fried onions in Worcester sauce with a touch of brandy, then single cream and chopped parsley all in the pan you've just cooked the steak in.
Lovely, when did you say I could come round for dinner?

Nathccfc

Pistachio ice cream has always been my favourite until i had home made Turkish delight ice cream the other week, it was amazing. I would eat a good hot curry every single day, and pickled eggs but I don't think neither my family our toilet could cope with the aftermath!
giphy.gif
Turkish delight is my weakness, is it easy to make ice cream?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Daz

Potatoes love them.Chips,baked spuds,mashed,anything really with tomato sauce or mayonaisse on them.
My dad as a treat boils himself 4/5 spuds
Cracks 2 eggs into a bowl with some butter and black pepper whisks it together, pours it over the spuds and mashs them
It sounds horrific but tastes great

dancers lance

Turkish delight is my weakness, is it easy to make ice cream?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
My sister in law made it, ingredients are, clear cane sugar syrup, clotted cream, milk, rose extract (or rose water) chunks of good Turkish delight and a small amount of pink colouring. No fancy machine required, just mix and pop in the freezer for about 2 hours.

Astute

I don't like pizza in this country. The cheese is rubbery. The pizza's are bland. And they are greasy.

But when I go to Italy I love pizza :) Even the base tastes much better. I have never had a bad pizza in Italy. But saying that I don't go to the same places as the tourists. I prefer to rent a villa in the middle of nowhere. We do as the natives do.

Otis

I don't like pizza in this country. The cheese is rubbery. The pizza's are bland. And they are greasy.

But when I go to Italy I love pizza :) Even the base tastes much better. I have never had a bad pizza in Italy. But saying that I don't go to the same places as the tourists. I prefer to rent a villa in the middle of nowhere. We do as the natives do.
I have had bad pizzas in Italy and I have had fantastic pizzas in this country and also in the States.

Depends where you go. :)

In Italy I have been to Ferrara, Bologna, Venice, Florence and Rome and been off the beaten track.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Yep.

My missus is like that. I will say it is buy one get one free and she will reply with 'We only need the one!'

She has obviously never heard of freezing, or the fridge.

No Dominos Pizza should be sent into the wilderness of a home on its own!
#Pray4TheLonelyPizza

Users who are viewing this thread