Wilson scores again (4 Viewers)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date

SlowerThanPlatt

Sell on clause is 15% I think? That's what I read a while back. It's easily bypassed though, Bournemouth could sell 2 players to the team interested and value a reserve player as 20m and Wilson as 1m. That way Bournemouth get all the money and technically there's nothing anyone can do

SkyBlue_Bear83

Sell on clause is 15% I think? That's what I read a while back. It's easily bypassed though, Bournemouth could sell 2 players to the team interested and value a reserve player as 20m and Wilson as 1m. That way Bournemouth get all the money and technically there's nothing anyone can do

Its 10% according to ashbyjan, who got it from Waggot apparently.

And lol at the rest of your post.

skybluetony176

Thanks. Clever that. You can tell you work in IT.

So going by the first article the clauses including a believed sell on clause are worth just over £750K some of which we would have already received from appearances, goals scored and promotion windfall clauses. Doesn't sound like we've got much of a windfall coming from any sell on clause especially if we've already received a six figure sum from the promotion clause. It's really not selling it to me as a good deal for the club. Someone please tell me that at least we didn't have to pay the wages or even a percentage for the loan's. That would really be talking the piss if we did.

BackRoomRummermill

Are you sure ? The reason I say this normally the player gets around 10% of the transfer fee. Also can you say for sure that the above loop hole was not covered in the selling contract to Bournemouth for Wilson ? In effect this action by Bournemouth would be a tort and Coventry could easily claim against this.

Nick

Administrator
Thanks. Clever that. You can tell you work in IT.

So going by the first article the clauses including a believed sell on clause are worth just over £750K some of which we would have already received from appearances, goals scored and promotion windfall clauses. Doesn't sound like we've got much of a windfall coming from any sell on clause especially if we've already received a six figure sum from the promotion clause. It's really not selling it to me as a good deal for the club. Someone please tell me that at least we didn't have to pay the wages or even a percentage for the loan's. That would really be talking the piss if we did.
Surely the sell on clause depends what he is sold for?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Are you sure ? The reason I say this normally the player gets around 10% of the transfer fee. Also can you say for sure that the above loop hole was not covered in the selling contract to Bournemouth for Wilson ? In effect this action by Bournemouth would be a tort and Coventry could easily claim against this.
Don't take no notice, its one of the most ludicrous things posted on here.

skybluetony176

Surely the sell on clause depends what he is sold for?

I don't know. How I read it was that we got £2.25M upfront and the loan players and other clauses could see the fee rise to just over £3M including goals, appearances, promotion and a sell on clause. That doesn't sound like a percentage to me, that sounds like a fixed amount. Unless I've misunderstood the article. Of course the article also says believed to be, so it could be wrong either way.

skybluetony176

I don't think he understands how a sell on clause works.

I think you're assuming that all sell on clauses are based on a percentage and not a fixed amount. Click on Nicks link and read the first article. If you read that different to me fair enough but that's how it read to me.

Nick

Administrator
I don't know. How I read it was that we got £2.25M upfront and the loan players and other clauses could see the fee rise to just over £3M including goals, appearances, promotion and a sell on clause. That doesn't sound like a percentage to me, that sounds like a fixed amount. Unless I've misunderstood the article. Of course the article also says believed to be, so it could be wrong either way.
Where's it say just over?

The 22-year-old Cov Kid left his home town club this week to sign for Bournemouth in a loaded deal understood to be £2.25million up front and worth more than £3m in all when taking into account add-ons subject to goals, appearances, promotion, a sell-on clause and the fact that City have taken two Cherries players – goalkeeper Ryan Allsop and winger Mohamed Coulibaly – on loan

Nick

Administrator
I think you're assuming that all sell on clauses are based on a percentage and not a fixed amount. Click on Nicks link and read the first article. If you read that different to me fair enough but that's how it read to me.
I read it as been worth over 3m, you read just over. There's no use of the word just so you added it in.

Why would a sell on fee not be a %?

SkyBlue_Bear83

No that's not how it works.

skybluetony176

Where's it say just over?

The 22-year-old Cov Kid left his home town club this week to sign for Bournemouth in a loaded deal understood to be £2.25million up front and worth more than £3m in all when taking into account add-ons subject to goals, appearances, promotion, a sell-on clause and the fact that City have taken two Cherries players – goalkeeper Ryan Allsop and winger Mohamed Coulibaly – on loan

My mistake. It's says more than. But the point stands. Yes more than could be £2M if we get 10% of a £20M transfer fee but it could also mean a fixed amount to make the total received £3.1M once all the clauses have been met.

He'd still be cheap IMO even if it is 10%. £5M is what we should have got up front.

SkyBlue_Bear83

My mistake. It's says more than. But the point stands. Yes more than could be £2M if we get 10% of a £20M transfer fee but it could also mean a fixed amount to make the total received £3.1M once all the clauses have been met.

He'd still be cheap IMO even if it is 10%. £5M is what we should have got up front.

That's not how how it works, if all of the promotion, goals scored, appearances, international apps. and any other performance related clauses are all met it will take the transfer up to over 3 million.

The sell on % will be on top of everything else, so if he's sold for say 15 million that will take the total value of the deal to probably over 4.5 million.

Grendel

Christ did you receive any sort of education at school? How it works really isn't that hard.

covmark

That's not how how it works, if all of the promotion, goals scored, appearances, international apps. and any other performance related clauses are all met it will take the transfer up to over 3 million.

The sell on % will be on top of everything else, so if he's sold for say 15 million that will take the total value of the deal to probably over 4.5 million.
And if he keeps scoring, who knows what he will sell for. The price of good young English players is through the roof atm.

skybluetony176

Skybluetony having a nightmare part 176

How is asking questions and trying to understand the answers having a nightmare? I'm neither a professional footballer, football agent, football manager or a club owner. I don't pretend to understand the intricate details of transfers, there's no nightmare in admitting that. I'm more than big enough to admit I don't understand something. You should try giving it a go sometime.

skybluetony176

Christ did you receive any sort of education at school? How it works really isn't that hard.

You don't seem to be able to explain it either just try and insult those who admit that they don't understand it. As for the sort of education I had at school. No, football economics wasn't one of the options that came up. Are you saying it did at your school?

Nick

Administrator
How is asking questions and trying to understand the answers having a nightmare? I'm neither a professional footballer, football agent, football manager or a club owner. I don't pretend to understand the intricate details of transfers, there's no nightmare in admitting that. I'm more than big enough to admit I don't understand something. You should try giving it a go sometime.

But you are telling others they don't know anything in the process?

Sick Boy

As I said. Barnsley fans on their forum seem a far more intelligent and knowledgable bunch compared to some of the idiots on here who have an embarrassing lack of knowledge how football operates.

My favourite is the belief that every footballer secretly has a burning desire to play for Coventry as well as loyalty to the club.

skybluetony176

Thank you for the reply. It's most educational. Did you teach at Grendull's school perchance? They did football economics there apparently ;)

skybluetony176

But you are telling others they don't know anything in the process?

No I said that they wouldn't know a good player if they hit them square between the eyes if they think we got a good deal for Wilson. Which I still stand by even with a better understanding of the sell on clause (thanks CCFC).

It might have been the best of the offer's we had. That doesn't mean that Bournemouth didn't get him on the cheap and that can only mean it was a bad deal for us.

Grendel

Good god. That surpasses anything on here.

skybluetony176

Because we can shout at SISU about it as if him and Clarke played for us we would get promoted easily. (Like we did when they actually did play for us)

Conveniently forgetting that one went in the January transfer window, one missed a big portion of latter half of the season with injury and we had a 10 point deduction. Under different circumstances a playoff place would have easily been achievable and if we weren't playing in Northampton at the same time who knows.

Grendel

Conveniently forgetting that one went in the January transfer window, one missed a big portion of latter half of the season with injury and we had a 10 point deduction. Under different circumstances a playoff place would have easily been achievable and if we weren't playing in Northampton at the same time who knows.

Why did playing in Northampton make a difference out of interest?

skybluetony176

Why did playing in Northampton make a difference out of interest?

Because it was an uninspiring, silent dump.

Did you hear TM talking after the Crewe game on CWR saying how the fans were the extra man and lifted the players urging them on to the win? Let's not try and pretend for one minute that ever happened at Sixfields ever.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator

Did you hear TM talking after the Crewe game on CWR saying how the fans were the extra man and lifted the players urging them on to the win? Let's not try and pretend for one minute that ever happened at Sixfields ever.
we won a few games there didn't we? The same as we lost against crewe with a full house?

I'm not saying we were amazing, but we did get results there didn't we?

FRY-CCFC

Because we can shout at SISU about it as if him and Clarke played for us we would get promoted easily. (Like we did when they actually did play for us)

But we sold him for a large fee at the time and we also have a sell on clause? I don't get it.

Grendel

Well I can't be bothered to check but I'm going to guess Sixfields as a home record was vastly superior to most at the Ricoh. I reckon third best in the last decade.

That includes seasons when we averaged 20,000 plus. Now I could be wrong but don't think I am. It's certainly better than the league one seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread