Wolves FA cup Quarter Final (2 Viewers)

Alkhen

I know it's a bit early for a match thread but need some place to build excitement.

Watching MOTD two Wolves players, Bellegarde and Neto went off with muscle injuries. Never hope ill for a player but it those are out that could be great for us.

shmmeee

Think we’re gonna get spanked, but also watched MOTD yesterday and remembered we smashed Fulham and they ran them close so (ignoring completely different teams) I’m saying we’ve got a chance.

Gonna need to be a proper FA Cup minnows performance, everyone on it and playing for each other.

Got to dream 2-1 City, Wright and Simms to score in the same game for the first time (I think?)

Alkhen

Yeah I think we'll get turned over pretty easily unfortunately.

Everything in the draw went against us for me, early kickoff, away, mid table prem team starved of success. Just adds up to a loss in my book. Hope I'm wrong.

Few more injuries for them may help a bit.

Sky Blue Harry H

Yeah I think we'll get turned over pretty easily unfortunately.

Everything in the draw went against us for me, early kickoff, away, mid table prem team starved of success. Just adds up to a loss in my book. Hope I'm wrong.

Few more injuries for them may help a bit.

Neto and Cunha will both be out, so that tilts the playing field slightly towards us. Will obviously need a rub of the green - plus VAR help !!

Gibbo

loss 3-0 incoming. Play 5-4-1 (that is what it will end up being anyway). The five we know, Simms up front. Sheaf, Torp, O'Hare and Da Silva as a four. Hang on for dear life and hope that we can nick one. The only way we will win is this sort of thing....Maidstone 2 shots Ipswich 27, outcome 2-1 to Maidstone.

Terry_dactyl

It’s the sort of draw where if the wind is blowing in the right direction we could win.

Although, we could just get hammered.

Otis

3-1 defeat.

And I would gladly take that if it came with a decent performance from us.

As I have stated before, we need a top effort from us and a below par performance from them to realistically stand a chance.

Or an incredible dollop of luck.

Balli001

Not confirmed but he pulled up with what looked a muscle thing and came straight off yesterday.

As far as I can tell Wolves could potentially be missing:

Neto
Bellegarde
Cunha
Hee Chan
Dawson
Wolves fans seem to think neto is put for a while cunha potentially on the bench

skybluecam

Collins
MVE Thomas Lati Kitching Bidwell
Sheaf Eccles
Palmer
Simms Wright

It will have to be a classic smash and grab, I think that team is our best chance of doing so.

Hincha

If we play 5-2-1-2 like yesterday and leave the gaps we did in midfield we will get hammered.

Wouldn’t mind seeing 5-3-2 (same as the formation that finished last season and got us to Wembley) to provide more solidity in the middle.

O’Hare & Palmer on the bench to bring on if we’re losing

Londonccfcfan

A good performance for me not necessarily about the result. . Need to come out of this game with no injuries. League is the priorty.

Evo1883

A good effort by the city , but we will lose to 2 or 3 moments of real quality

Wolves 3 - 1 Coventry

Londonccfcfan

If we play 5-2-1-2 like yesterday and leave the gaps we did in midfield we will get hammered.

Wouldn’t mind seeing 5-3-2 (same as the formation that finished last season and got us to Wembley) to provide more solidity in the middle.

O’Hare & Palmer on the bench to bring on if we’re losing
Will have to be one up front. SIMMS

Box midfield.

OHARE, PALMER
SHEAF, Eccles.

Wing backs. Bidwell /Milan

Or of he decides 2 up front Wright/Simms.

(Yesterday we got more control slight tweak 2nd half was that Wright played alot deeper) worked well a bit more control.

Will be Ohare/sheaf/Eccles.

Covcraig@bury

3-1 city - Simms, Sheaf and O’Hare…
Now stop this fucking negativity..
UP WITH I WILL NOT PUT 🫵🏼 you know who you are.. behave…

stupot07

If we go 2 up top, then we should go with a midfield 3 of Sheaf, Eccles and Torp

If we go the box, Torp should play lightly higher with O'Hare, with Eccles and Sheaf behind them.

We can't play Palmer against wolves, we'll be far too open in midfield.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jarvo87

In my view: One off game, early kick off doesn’t favour either side, weather may play a part but doesn’t look too bad for now, potentially one or two key injuries for them, plus we are aiming to be competing with them within 2-3 seasons. Not saying we win but also not doom and gloom. Maybe 3,4,2,1

Collins
Thomas, Lati, Kitching
MVE, Sheaf, Eccles, Bidwell
Palmer, Wright
Simms

Few options off the bench.

Heart wants 2-1, head says it will be reversed

lord_garrincha

Last time we played a QF away (in a replay)... 1998.

The draw featured 2 Prem teams at home expected to cruise through their games against Championship opposition.

Us v Blades... the other one... Leeds v Wolves.

The shoe is on the other foot for us both... let's hope complacency & fans expectation cripple them!

Happy_Martian

It's a cup game. Wilson will be in goal. That's how Robins is rotating his squad.

And before the entire membership starts moaning and calling Wilson every name under the sun, there's enough voices already saying that we'll lose, whoever is in goal won't matter..

Bad Boy

Last time we played a QF away (in a replay)... 1998.

The draw featured 2 Prem teams at home expected to cruise through their games against Championship opposition.

Us v Blades... the other one... Leeds v Wolves.

The shoe is on the other foot for us both... let's hope complacency & fans expectation cripple them!
Was in Perth WA and couldn't find out the result until midday the following day.

Sky Blue Harry H

Is it confirmed that Neto is out? I think he's the player that would cause us the most trouble.
Came off injured yesterday (after having come off against Newcastle the previous week) Pretty sure I'd read that it was more of an injury yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread