Would you support a breakaway/phoenix club? (1 Viewer)

Would you support a breakaway/phoenix club?

• Total voters

torchomatic

just a thought. Nuneaton Town (Borough) are in dire straights financialy i think their ground is for sale. They are a league below the FL is an amalgamation with them an option which could put us within one division of division 2 pump money in to secure immediate promotion, change name to Coventry something play for free at the Ricoh, just a thought but a better option than re=starting a number of divisions below

We'd be no better than SISU and blatant hypocrites.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

ajsccfc

I'd just lose interest in football as anything other than background noise. Maybe start writing that novel instead.

Sky Blue Sheepy

I could only support a breakaway if it CCFC didn't exist. Pompey have been through worse (for the time being) and I don't see a breakaway team in Pompey!

dongonzalos

So so far there is 26 people saying no one else ever and 72 people saying they would support one of the four different variants of a breakaway team.

Doesn't quite fit in with those who say no one would ever support it?

torchomatic

Apart from they may want it to be saved. They would be playing less than six miles away and we would be saving them rather than destroying them.

But people say they wouldnt travel to see CCFC if it was more than 5 miles away. As i say hypocrites. If SISU do it then it's bad but if we do it to someone else then it's ok.

Hypocrisy on here is astounding.

mark82

But people say they wouldnt travel to see CCFC if it was more than 5 miles away. As i say hypocrites. If SISU do it then it's bad but if we do it to someone else then it's ok.

Couldn't agree more.

NorthernWisdom

Yeah SISU's whole argument is they're doing it to save the club, and nobody buys that, so why 'save' another club by wiping out their existence?

torchomatic

Seems like that's OK.

Yeah SISU's whole argument is they're doing it to save the club, and nobody buys that, so why 'save' another club by wiping out their existence?

lordsummerisle

Apart from they may want it to be saved. They would be playing less than six miles away and we would be saving them rather than destroying them.

Maybe Nuneaton could be taken over by billionaires and then take us over and rename us Nuneaton and play at the Ricoh?

Sterling Archer

The hypocrisy on this place never ceases to amaze me.

A phoenix club would not be Coventry City Football Club and would not be the football club this forum was created to discuss about.

If Coventry City DID ever die (it won't come to that) I'd give up on football and just become a casual neutral. The new club raised "in their spirit" would not my club I was born and raised to support.

Moff

A phoenix club would not be Coventry City Football Club and would not be the football club this forum was created to discuss about.

If Coventry City DID ever die (it won't come to that) I'd give up on football and just become a casual neutral. The new club raised "in their spirit" would not my club I was born and raised to support.

I totally agree with your sentiments, it sums up how I feel as well.

NorthernWisdom

I have no problem with a club formed if the current one dies, it's no different to setting up a Ltd. beneath Holdings and shuffling them all around to me.

Until the club dies though, I can't support another team. Owners are only ever temporary.

Sterling Archer

I'm genuinely shocked that people would consider voting for: "Yes, I would support a breakaway club now even if CCFC stayed in Coventry"

Would love to hear peoples reasons for that. How disloyal a support can you be?!?!

jesus-wept

If you read the title of the post it was put as a thought. But before you all jump around about pinching a club as MK Dons did, it is highly likely Nuneaton Town will not exist soon and will struggle to get through the next season, how sad is that. Their owner is almost bankrupt and the ground up for sale, if the sisu plan becomes a goer and Nuneaton are about to die ?? Once ccfc move we will soon be following.

mark82

Most of them are glory supporters though. The ones that only watch on TV. The few thousand who formed FC united are mostly from Manchester.

I'm not saying there aren't real Man Utd fans from Manchester who disagree by the way.

dongonzalos

You think if that new stadium appeared tomorrow on the edge of Nuneaton a couple of miles up from the Ricoh and cov were playing there no one would go?

stupot07

I'm pretty sure Nuneaton won't want to be taken over and moved to Coventry - they only went bust a couple of years ago and started a fresh. They had the choice then to abandon ship and support someone else, they didn't they wanted a Nuneaton club playing in Nuneaton. And althought their future is uncertain, it is mainly down to the ownership issues of the ground.

torchomatic

Well, if going by the rabid hysteria on here over the last few months - which you have contributed to - then no, they apparently wouldn't go.

You think if that new stadium appeared tomorrow on the edge of Nuneaton a couple of miles up from the Ricoh and cov were playing there no one would go?

mark82

Where? Down the back of the sofa? Who is this team that the fixtures in League One came out for today that are using the name "Coventry City FC" if our club "Coventry City FC" has gone?

All hail mass hysteria!

The club is the fans. Clearly a number of those fans are a little disgruntled. "The club" will be wherever the fans are.

Sterling Archer

Wrong Mark, the club has gone apparently. There is no club. Joy Seppala has paid the football league out of the kitty for the academy players lunch money to type out the fixtures for SISU FC as Coventry City FC just to wind up all the fans of the now deceased football club, Coventry City FC.

How dare she!

Soon the FL will do the right thing and make sure it says SISU FC in the fixtures. Phew!

dongonzalos

Well, if going by the rabid hysteria on here over the last few months - which you have contributed to - then no, they apparently wouldn't go.

Quite reasonably I have said over 10 miles outside of Coventry to me is no longer Coventry . When it is a unnecessary thing to do, then I don't see how the decision can be backed by attending.

I would say a more unrealistic comment ( I won't dramatically say rabid hysteria as that is just silly) is to say that absolutely no one else would be interested in CCFC and ridiculing those who suggested their would be. That's probably been some of more ridiculous stuff posted on here over the last few years.

I also warned about lauding over SISU's hard ball tactics. As no doubt at some point they will use them against the fans. Then certain people will be bleating ......

Last edited:

Sba180

3000 FC United fans disagree with you.

Not necessarily disagreeing with you myself. Not quite sure where I stand at the moment to be honest.
ah Manchester united. where the fans have undivided loyalty until someone else wins the league

Users who are viewing this thread