Would you support a breakaway/phoenix club? (1 Viewer)

Would you support a breakaway/phoenix club?

• Total voters

dongonzalos

Where? Down the back of the sofa? Who is this team that the fixtures in League One came out for today that are using the name "Coventry City FC" if our club "Coventry City FC" has gone?

All hail mass hysteria!

Hysteria seems to be flavour of the month the new 'delusional'

lordsummerisle

Talking of silly posts

You've been advocating for a while on here Haskell taking over ACL and Nuneaton, bringing them into the Ricoh and calling them Coventry as a competitor to our club.

It wouldn't be Nuneaton and it certainly wouldn't be Coventry either, it would be just an abortion created in your warped mind to stick one over Sisu despite the consequences.

dongonzalos

You've been advocating for a while on here Haskell taking over ACL and Nuneaton, bringing them into the Ricoh and calling them Coventry as a competitor to our club.

It wouldn't be Nuneaton and it certainly wouldn't be Coventry either, it would be just an abortion created in your warped mind to stick one over Sisu despite the consequences.

A bit like an abortion of a club called Coventry playing in Walsall

I take it you believe the new stadium will be built.

If Haskell started the buying process of Nuneaton and said his plans were for the Ricoh.

SISU would be back in there before he was half way down the A444.

Sometimes the only way to beat them is play them at their own game.

torchomatic

So I don't expect any criticism of them if that's what they end up doing. As you can come on here and say "Fair enough, I want to do the same to Nuneaton".

Sometimes the only way to beat them is play them at their own game.

dongonzalos

So I don't expect any criticism of them if that's what they end up doing. As you can come on here and say "Fair enough, I want to do the same to Nuneaton".

Only if more people from Nuneaton want it than don't and it helps them out.

As oppose to 95% of cov fans not wanting it.

Also it is not necessary.

So no I will probably judge each case on it merits and this is far the simplistic comparison you give to suit you argument.

Last edited:

torchomatic

Would the people of Nuneaton want it? I don't think they would. You and many others have been banging on about similar things for months and months on here. OK, let's turn it around. Let's say CCFC were going down the pan and then someone suggested that we move to Nuneaton and change our name to reflect that town. Would you approve? Would you want that to happen? I bet you would be frothing at the mouth with the rest of them. If SISU dared to advocate that you'd be as angry as every one else. You're a hypocrite of the highest order.

Only if more people from Nuneaton want it than don't and it helps them out.

As oppose to 95% of cov fans not wanting it.

Also it is not necessary.

So no I will probably just each case on it merits and this is far the simplistic comparison you give to suit you argument.

dongonzalos

Would the people of Nuneaton want it? I don't think they would. You and many others have been banging on about similar things for months and months on here. OK, let's turn it around. Let's say CCFC were going down the pan and then someone suggested that we move to Nuneaton and change our name to reflect that town. Would you approve? Would you want that to happen? I bet you would be frothing at the mouth with the rest of them. If SISU dared to advocate that you'd be as angry as every one else. You're a hypocrite of the highest order.

Already answered that above and I don't think my answer fell in the hypocritical status.

torchomatic

dongonzalos

No, I'm sure you don't.

I am sure you are right.......

Originally Posted by lordsummerisle:
Maybe Nuneaton could be taken over by billionaires and then take us over and rename us Nuneaton and play at the Ricoh?
Yes maybe and if cov were on the verge of going under people may thank them for it

torchomatic

wingy

It states at the bottom its Multiple choice ,which must skew it well over 100% ,some refining needed post closure.

covmark

That poll is fooked, looked at list of voters and some have had votes on different answers i.e Italiahorse has voted for 3 of the options. It's been a long day already so forgive me if I'm being a plank

Grendel

That poll is fooked, looked at list of voters and some have had votes on different answers i.e Italiahorse has voted for 3 of the options. It's been a long day already so forgive me if I'm being a plank

The royal sham has voted on 4.

I will be supporting ccfc fed up people going on about a FECKING PHOENIX CLUB SUPPORT CCFC FOR GODSAKE...............................:jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Brighton Sky Blue

Phoenix club would be when original club ceased to exist (maybe permanent move away too) like Chester FC, AFC Telford and AFC Wimbledon.

Breakaway club is more a protest club like FC United & AFC Liverpool.

Indeed-which makes the poll a little meaningless.

dadgad

Yes, we need a club with soul and integrity.

At the minute Ccfc is a sham club - run by people who have no interest in its future.

It is impossible to support in its current guise

Evo1883

I just want to watch football,so whoever is playing in coventry i will watch .....Just as long sisu are not involved

Otis

I would definitely support them if they call themselves Interim Athletic.

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

torchomatic

This is where we differ wildly. I'd prefer Athletico Interim.

I would definitely support them if they call themselves Interim Athletic.

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

mark82

So 46 out of 124 voters (after taking out voters who voted in more than one category) would be up for starting a breakaway club if SISU were to carry out their plan and move away from Coventry. That's 37% of people who voted which is far more than I expected. Make of that what you will.

dongonzalos

So 46 out of 124 voters (after taking out voters who voted in more than one category) would be up for starting a breakaway club if SISU were to carry out their plan and move away from Coventry. That's 37% of people who voted which is far more than I expected. Make of that what you will.

If you take out the ones who voted twice would it not actually be 46 out of less than 124?

Users who are viewing this thread